Plateau killings: Military taskforce arrests 7 more suspects

IMG_0598

The military taskforce code named “Operation Safe Haven” (OPSH) saddled with the responsibility of maintaining peace in Plateau State, on Tuesday said it has arrested seven additional suspects in connection with the June 23rd, 2018, attacks in eleven villages of the State.

The attack had claimed over 200 lives and displaced over 38, 000 persons.

Parading the suspects at the OPSH headquarters in Jos, Acting Director Defence Information, Brigadier General John Agie, said, “l came in from Abuja today in continuation of our intelligence gathering and intensive investigation over what happened in the state last month.

“Our troops are still after those who are involved in the attacks on the 23rd of June, and that led to the arrest of two suspects.

“They are Ibrahim Choji and Ahmadu Ibrahim. These two suspects were part of those who attacked Zongo village on 23rd of June.

“We also have three other suspects here, one Shuaibu Suleman, Buhari Shuaibu, Zakamin Abdulkadri, these ones were part of the suspects that attacked Josho village of Bokkos on the 14th of July.

“After this parade, we are going to hand them over to the police for further investigation and prosecution.

“Meanwhile our intelligence are working round the clock in the villages to fish out these attackers, and as soon as we get them, we will let the public know, and they will be treated according to the law.

“We have paraded 11 suspects before, and here we are parading another 7 suspects and all of them are in connection to the attacks. So we have 18 suspects so far”

READ  PHOTOS: ICPC Recovers N117m Worth Of Constituency Project Items From Enugu Senator

Agie said the suspects would be detained in Jos.

SOURCE

(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
Share this Post[?]
        

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »