The Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, says unlawful wedding spending is a major cause of the high rate of divorce in our society.
The Sultan said this when he spoke at a meeting of Islamic scholars organised by the Sokoto State Zakkat and Endowment Commission, in Sokoto yesterday.
“Our scholars need to generously inform the people on the effect of the unlawful wedding and other ceremonial spending. This act generates nothing but confusion and unnecessary divorce which has become the disturbing point of discussion in the society.”
Sultan Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar III is the 20th Sultan of Sokoto, the titular ruler of Sokoto in northern Nigeria, head of Jama’atu Nasril Islam, and president-general of the Nigerian National Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs.
More from my site
- Nigeria as an entity, not a mistake – Sultan ok Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III
- Sultan Tells Muslims When To Look For New Moon
- ‘At The End Of This Term, I Will Go To Daura And Settle Down’ – Buhari
- Food scarcity looms, may worsen insecurity, sultan warns
- Don’t Force Nigerians to Take COVID-19 Vaccine – Sultan Tells FG
- Stop causing troubles, pack your belongings – Islamic group berates ex-governors
- Sultan To Muslim Clerics: Stop Misleading Your Followers On Coronavirus Pandemic
- Sultan Declares Tuesday Sallah For Nigerian Muslims
- Sultan Of Sokoto Urges Nigerians To Engage In Nation Building
- Where Are The Recovered Loots, Sultan Of Sokoto Asks FG
- PRESIDENT BUHARI URGES TRADITIONAL RULERS TO SUPPORT FIGHT AGAINST CRIMINALITY (photos)
- Bloodshed must stop in Nigeria – Sultan, CAN, Ooni, others