A couple based in Abia, has reportedly passed away after allegedly eating poisoned food given to them at a wedding ceremony in Umuozu, Uratta area of the state.
According to Chidimma Chimanma, a neighbour to the deceased couple, Emmyjoe and his wife, Chinenye Iheanacho were allegedly given the poisoned at a wedding event they both attended.
Emmyjoe was said to be the Secretary of the Timber Dealers Association in Abia State. It was gathered that the couple had chaired the wedding and when they were going, they were handed a takeaway pack.
It was learnt that they went home and ate the food with their maid. Neighbors got to know about their death when their neighbours in the market complained that they have been calling them while their phones rang without any response.
It was at that point that some of the neigbhours used ladder to climb into their compound, only to discover their bodies and that of their maid who was eventually taken to the hospital for treatment.
Below is what Chidimma Chimanma shared on Facebook two days ago.
My eyes are filled with tears, I was still in the shock of the ugly news of my neighbor who was poisoned through the food he received from wedding which he ate with the wife and maid but the maid only survived……then yesterday my mom called me telling me of ur dismissal Aunty colour one…..
i wish tears could bring u people back to life, I wish the good testimonies of u people could do that, I wish ur good characters could bring u people back, I know that you people would have been back to life by now,but it’s only God that knows why u people have to go at this time…. Rip brother emmyjoe…. Rip aunty Chinenye Iheanacho aka Colour one…… I will miss u people forever…… Good night!!! Farewell the great ones.