Babatunde Oke, the Chairman of Onigbongbo Local Council Development Area (LCDA) of Lagos State is dead.
Babatunde Oke, reportedly died as a result of COVID-19 complications.
It was gathered that Oke, a second-term council boss, who had been sick for a while and recuperating suddenly took ill and was rushed to an undisclosed hospital for treatment. before he gave up the ghost in the early hours Wednesday, August 12, 2020.
According to a source, Oke, who contracted COVID-19 recently, was receiving treatment at the Gbagada Isolation Centre until his case became critical and he had to be moved to St. Nicholas Hospital where he died early this morning. (Wednesday).
The latest death will make it the third casualties of council bosses who died of COVID-19 complications in the state.
A senior official of the council who preferred anonymity confirmed the death, saying, “We lost our chairman to the cold hand of death this morning (Wednesday) due to COVID-19 complications. It’s so sad.”
Reacting to the demise, Chairman of Conference 57, a group of 57 council chairmen in Lagos, Mrs Omolola Essien, expressed shock, describing it as “sad and unfortunate.”
More from my site
- Lagos Reps member, Abayomi Ayeola is dead
- Shaka Momoh, Owner Of Planet One Entertainment Is Dead
- Just In: Veteran Nollywood Actor, Pa. Kasunmu dies at 67
- Nigeria Records 389 New Cases Of Covid-19 As Toll Hits 12,233
- BREAKING: Former Nigeria police boss, Ibrahim Coomasie, is dead
- Accident: Six injured persons die in Ogun hospital as death toll rises to 19
- Zamfara Killings: Emir Makes Shocking Revelation About NAF
- BREAKING: Senator Buruji Kashamu dies of COVID-19
- 1,313 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in Belgium,brings the total to 38,496
- Coronavirus: 125 New People Tested Positive In Belgium,Brings Total To 58,186
- Coronavirus: 195 New people Tested Positive In Belgium,Brings Total To 58,381
- Second coronavirus wave seems to be less deadly, crisis centre says
- Coronavirus: Belgium reaches 16,770 confirmed cases
- Coronavirus: Belgium reaches 11,899 confirmed cases
- Jealous wife burns husband’s concubine to death in Ogun
- We Cry Every Day, Can’t Sleep Or Eat Since Our Children’s Death – Mothers Of Lagos Kids Who Died Inside Vehicle
- Update On Ijegun Explosion: 10 Victims Die In Hospital — Lagos Government
- NYSC member knocked down by reckless Danfo driver in Lagos dies
- Coronavirus: 1,702 new cases confirmed,bring total to 10,836 in Belgium with 78 new deaths
- COVID-19: We May Impose Another Lockdown, Lagos Warns Residents
- Covid-19: More new cases, fewer in hospital and fewer deaths