Femi Fani-Kayode, former Aviation minister has blasted the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN, for threatening to launch attacks in the Southeast over the alleged killing of its members residing in the region.
Recall that the group through its National Secretary, Engr. Saleh Alhassan, in a statement on Thursday, vowed that Nnamdi Kanu and the members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB “will pay dearly for the mindless massacre” of not less than 50 herdsmen recently.
The human rights lawyer, Fani-Kayode while reacting to the statement credited to Miyetti Allah described the threat as disgusting, stressing that the fight would be different from the 1967 civil war, saying the Igbos are not alone in this.
Fani-Kayode stated this in a recent tweet on his verified Twitter handle Friday morning.
According to him, “Disgusted that Miyetti Allah threatened the lives of Igbos. This is not the way forward and does not augur well for peace, unity and national reconciliation.
“N.B. This is not 1967 and this time around the Igbos are not on their own.
“If you want peace reign in the killer herdsmen”.
More from my site
- Nnamdi Kanu: Fani-Kayode speaks on arrest of IPOB women
- ‘Nigeria Is Doomed If S/East Ignites’: Fani-Kayode Tells FG What Must Be Done To Nnamdi Kanu
- Biafra: Group Backs Call For Prosecution Of Obasanjo, Gowon, Others
- Biafra: Lai Mohammed speaks on issuing ultimatum to Israel over Nnamdi Kanu
- Southern Kaduna killings: You have failed – HURIWA to Osinbajo
- Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho Are Uneducated Literates – Gumi
- President Buhari was a disaster of unimaginable proportions – Former Minister Osita Chidoka
- Biafra: We Will Surprise ‘Fulani Government Of Nigeria’ – IPOB
- We Used Spiritual Powers To Send Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho To Jail – Miyetti Allah Brags
- Presidency: Explain to Nigerians how Osinbajo, Amaechi, Ngige’ll raise N100m – Ozekhome to Buhari
- Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore Apologises For Benue Killings
- Nnamdi Kanu: Barring lawyers from courtrooms is equal to suspension of constitution – Counsels
- Ex-biafra provinces of Bayelsa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom shun IPOB sit-at-home order
- Igbo’s Should smiles less, we are coming over to their land, and theirs will be catastrophic – Miyetti Allah
- Don’t Inherit Buhari’s Hostility And Disdain For The Rule Of Law – Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Begs Tinubu To Free Nnamdi Kanu
- Nnamdi Kanu Warns Miyetti Allah Over Plans To Deploy Vigilantes In ‘Biafraland’
- Fulani Herdsmen List 11 Conditions For Peace In Nigeria
- BREAKING: Court Adjourns IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu’s Human Rights Suit To Nov 19
- Fani-Kayode reacts as Osinbajo orders overhaul of SARS
- Biafra: IPOB speaks on Nnamdi Kanu’s whereabouts, warns Buhari
- 2023: Fani-Kayode Meets Yahaya Bello, Says Nigerians Will Smile Again