The company’s representative, Joseph Kayode Funsho, while testifying before the panel said the live ammunition were discovered to have been registered to the Nigerian Army.
Following the loss of lives at Lekki tollgate during the EndSARS protest on Friday, October 20, 2021, Sentinel Forensic Limited has told the Lagos state Panel of Inquiry on Police Brutality that bullets expelled from firearms during the protest were from the Nigerian Army.
Channels TV reports that the company’s representative, Joseph Kayode Funsho, while testifying before the panel said the live ammunition (bullets) were discovered to have been registered to the Nigerian Army. He, however, said the blanks didn’t match the records from the Nigerian Army’s inventory.
The company’s findings, however, seem to contradict the claims of the Nigerian Army. In November 2020, Commander of the 81 Military Intelligence Brigade, Brigadier Ahmed Taiwo, while testifying before the panel insisted that only blank bullets containing gunpowder were fired at the Lekki Tollgate on October 20.
He also insisted that the military only fired into the air and not directly at the #EndSARS protesters.
While explaining that the blank bullets used, cannot cause any damage to the flesh, Brigadier Taiwo said if real bullets were indeed fired, one bullet had the potency to kill three persons at one shot.
After the testimony of the forensic expert was heard, the panel of inquiry adjourned the hearing till Saturday, September 11.
More from my site
- EndSARS: Army Admits Taking Live Bullets To Lekki Toll Gate
- EndSARS: Army Reveals Who Ordered Soldiers To Shoot At Lekki Toll Gate
- EndSARS: CNN Report On Lekki Shooting Biased – Ex-Military Chief
- Lekki Shooting: No Allegation Against Us At Judicial Panel, Says Army
- EndSARS: Real Reason Buhari Govt Is Discrediting Lagos Panel Report – Law Mefor
- Nigerian Army Responsible For Lekki Shooting, Lagos Gov Sanwo-Olu Reveals
- Lekki Shootings: Army Makes A U-Turn, Appears Before Lagos Panel Saturday
- Video Footage Shows Army Sent 7 Trucks To Lekki Tollgate (photos)
- Army, police massacred defenceless protesters at Lekki tollgate – Panel
- EndSARS: Controversy as panel members, govt clash over alleged technicalities, discrepancies in report
- End SARS massacre: Buhari told to sack, arrest Lai Mohammed immediately
- Army To Judicial Panel: Hoodlums Attacked Us, We Respond With Gunshots
- Lekki Shootings: Killings Of #EndSARS Protesters Unverified, Says US Report
- Mothers Took Their Children To Loot SPAR Outlet In Lekki, Says Army Commander
- Lt. Gen. Buratai Fires Back At CNN Over Investigative Report On Lekki Shootings – #LekkiGenocide
- EndSARS: Lawyers state position as report punctures Buhari, Lai’s defence for military, police actions
- #EndSARS: You Invited Soldiers To Lekki Toll Gate – Panel Indicts Sanwo-Olu
- NBC Revokes Licences of Silverbird, AIT, Rhythm FM, Others (FULL LIST)
- Lekki Shootings: We Fired Blank Ammunition, Army Tells Lagos Panel
- Terrorist Sympathisers In Buhari’s Government Might Be Behind Recent Military Plane Crashes – Group
- Fuel Tanker Explodes On Airport Road In Adamawa