The kidnappers of the three workers of the former President Olusegun Obasanjo have released them 48 hours after.
The victims who were abducted by gunmen on Wednesday evening in the Obafemi-Owode Local Government were freed on Friday evening.
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said they were released following the pressure mounted on the kidnappers.
Oyeyemi said the Anti-Kidnapping and SWAT operatives had been in the bush since the incident happened mounting serious pressure on them.
He said, “Yes. we mounted a lot of pressure on the kidnappers. Since yesterday (Thursday) our anti-kidnapping and SWAT operatives have been in the bush searching for them.
“They were able to trace them to the bush behind Day Waterman College. They have been there since yesterday.
“This evening, they released them unhurt without any ransom.”
More from my site
- Abducted Eze Ndigbo of Ondo community regains freedom after ransom payment, recounts ordeal
- Kidnapped Ekiti Monarch Regains Freedom, Hospitalised
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Ondo Deeper Life Pastor regains freedom
- Unknown gunmen kidnap popular Ilorin based businessman in Kwara
- Ogun: Passengers reportedly kidnapped along Imeko road (VIDEO)
- Fear, anxiety over fate of 4 Bethel students still in abductors’ captivity
- Abducted Ondo Cleric And His Son Regain Freedom
- Abducted Lafia Hospital Workers, Others Regain Freedom As Police Arrest 41 Suspects
- 32 Kaduna Baptist Students Regain Freedom, 31 Still In Captivity
- Kidnappers settle for N30,000 ransom to release abducted Beninoise in Ogun
- Kidnapped Ekiti Monarch Regains Freedom After Ransom Payment
- PHOTOS: Parents Of Abducted Students Block Airport Road, Give Govt 48 Hours To Effect Rescue In Kaduna
- Alaafin Stool: Over 30 Contestants Screened By Oyo Mesi
- Ogun Police Rescue The Other Four RCCG Kidnap Victims
- Hunters searching for abducted doctor, nurse attacked in Ogun, 2 shot, vehicles, bikes burnt (photos)
- Families of remaining 51 Abuja-Kaduna train attack victims vow to occupy govt facilities
- Bethel abduction: Buhari issues directive to security agencies
- Ondo kidnappers sleep off, abducted community leader escapes
- Terrorists Release Pictures Of Captives From Kaduna Train Attack (photos)
- Police still searching for abducted Ogun monarch
- Kaduna woman narrates how bandits killed son, released 21 of 26 kidnapped villagers