It has come to light that Governor Dapo Abiodun is running the affairs of Ogun State from London, with the state government clarifying that he is on official assignment and not overseas due to ill health as is being speculated in some quarters.
This is even as the deputy governor, Noimot Salako-Oyedele, and the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Olakunle Oluomo, were said to have been out of the country for over a week.
The Commissioner for Information in Ogun State, Waheed Odusile, who said he could not ascertain the reason for the deputy governor’s travel, told Premium Times that the governor is “running the state from where he is”.
While disclosing that Abiodun had designated people to handle various tasks, he explained, “if the Governor says SSG, do this for me; deputy, do this for me; Commissioner, do this for me; Perm Sec, do this for me, it is still the governor that is still working”.
Odusile, who insisted that “the governor is hale and hearty,” added that his principal “is running the government from where he is. You know, when he sends you something, you report back to him.
“Even if the governor and his deputy are here, can they do it alone? Definitely, they will designate people and people have been designated already. When the Governor designates you to do something, you report back him.”
More from my site
- Biafra: Lai Mohammed speaks on issuing ultimatum to Israel over Nnamdi Kanu
- Ambode must appear before us to present 2019 budget, Lagos Assembly orders
- Unlike Tinubu, politicians abandon Osoba in London after knee surgery
- Ogun: Abiodun signs N472bn 2023 budget into law
- Governor Abiodun receives ex-speaker Bankole in office (photos)
- Again Emefiele Fails To Appear Before Reps Over Cash Withdrawal Limit
- Buhari’s Aide Garba Shehu Tests Positive for Coronavirus, In Isolation
- The Real Reason Why Mamman Daura Travelled To London – Associate Opens Up
- BREAKING: Ondo Speaker Resigns
- Buhari Off To London For Another Medical Check-Up
- Residents, travellers going through hardship on deplorable Akure-Ado road – NUJ tells FG
- Governor Abiodun Visits Tinubu In London [Photos]
- I’ve fears COVID-19 funds will be looted –Olaniyan
- Ogun community laments as windstorm damages houses, churches, mosques
- Omicron: Nigerian govt to issue new travel protocol on Tuesday
- COVID-19: Amosun Supports Ogun Govt With N25m, Provides Stimulus For 25,000 Families
- Governor Inuwa Yahaya Borrowed, Looted N55.3 Billion In Two Years – Gazette
- Sanwo-Olu signs Lagos laws on real estate transactions, dangerous pets
- Oyo Assembly passes bill against open defecation
- EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Needs N1trillion To Rebuild Lagos State, Says Gbajabiamila
- Breaking: Tinubu didn’t travel out, visits Sanwo-Olu in Marina (Videos)