Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has expressed sadness over the attack on St Francis Catholic Church, Owa-luwa in Owo, Owo Local Government Area of the state.
It earlier reported that unknown men armed with sophisticated weapons stormed the church on Sunday and opened fire on worshipers leading to the death of an unspecified number of persons.
Reacting, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, the Governor, who hails from the local government said the satanic attack is a calculated assault on the peace-loving people of Owo Kingdom.
According to him, people of the local government had enjoyed peace over the years, saying the attackers must be fished out and prosecuted.
“It is a black Sunday in Owo. Our hearts are heavy. Our peace and tranquility have been attacked by the enemies of the people. This is a personal loss, an attack on our dear state.
“I have spoken to the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Ondo, Most Reverend Jude Arogundade, who is presently on his way to Owo. Similarly, I have had to cut short my party’s national assignment in Abuja and visit Owo immediately,” he said.
The governor commiserated with the families of the deceased and the entire community.
More from my site
- Owo church massacre: CAN fumes, sends message to Buhari
- PHOTOS: Akeredolu Visits Scene Of Owo Church Attack, Survivors In Hospitals
- Ondo church massacre: Catholic priest, Abayomi narrates how attack happened (Graphic Videos, viewer discretion advised)
- Bloody sunday as gunmen attack Catholic church kill over 50 in Owo, Ondo state (Graphic Photos & Video)
- Photos: Owo church massacre: Smoke out these monsters, punish them – Amaechi, Sanwo-Olu react
- Owo massacre: Ondo Govt cancels June 12 celebration
- Owo massacre: We will do everything to strengthen Amotekun – Oyetola
- Darkness won’t overcome light – Buhari reacts to massacre of Ondo Catholic church worshipers
- Ondo church massacre: Olowo of Owo joins Ogun worshippers to invoke curses on perpetrators (photos & video)
- Owo massacre: Install CCTV in churches – Ogun monarch, Eselu tells CAN
- Pastor Adeboye breaks silence on Owo massacre
- Owo killings: Catholic Laity Council condemns incident, says govt telling citizens to defend themselves
- BREAKING: Panic as bandits attack Owo again with explosives
- Owo massacre: We’ve counted 38 bodies, still tracing others – Ondo Catholic Bishop
- Owo massacre: Akeredolu declares seven days mourning
- EFCC nabs 10 at Abuja training center for internet fraud
- Ondo attack: ‘Gunmen locked us inside Church for over 20 Mins’ – Priest (Graphic Photos & Videos)
- BREAKING: Gunmen kill six people in Ondo
- Owo church massacre: Suspects reportedly arrested in Ondo [Video]
- Ondo church massacre: Police recover bombs, give details of attack
- 2 More ISWAP Terrorists Responsible For Ondo Church Massacre Have Been Arrested