President Muhammadu Buhari has been urged to sack the Nigerian Ambassador to Benin Republic, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai (rtd).
Deji Adeyanju, an Abuja-based activist, said Buhari should also order Buratai’s arrest over the alleged billions discovered in his house.
Reports had it that the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, recovered N1.85 billion from a house and office said to belong to Buratai in Abuja.
ICPC officials were said to have stormed the house in the Wuse area of Abuja, following a tip-off from a whistleblower.
The huge sum said to have been recovered is alleged to be part of the billions of naira earmarked for the purchase of arms and ammunition by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government.
Reacting, Adeyanju said Buratai should be prosecuted for the money discovered in his house.
In a tweet, Adeyanju wrote: “Buhari should sack Buratai over the alleged discovery of billions of Naira in his house meant for the fight against insurgency and order his arrest and prosecution not out of any pretense of fighting corruption but out of shame because Dasuki was detained for many years for diverting arms funds.”
More from my site
- Service Chiefs Have No Tenure – Ex-COAS, Akinrinade
- We’ve recovered N1tr looted cash, says Sagay
- BREAKING: Protest Rocks Beninese Consulate General’s Office In Lagos As Igboho’s Supporters Demand His Release (photos)
- Presidency Sacks Over 5, 781 N-Power Beneficiaries
- Chadian President, Mahamat Idriss Deby Meets Buhari In Aso Rock (photos)
- PHOTOS: Sunday Igboho’s Aide, Other Agitators Storm London To Protest
- EFCC grills Ihejirika again, directs ex-COAS to Lagos
- ICPC Release Popular Musical Star, D’banj
- Why I Stopped Sunday Igboho From Visiting Me In Benin Republic – Associate
- UPDATE: Newly Promoted Lt. Gen. Adeosun Not Chief Of Army Staff, Says Army
- Lagos Speaker, Obasa Opens Up On EFCC Probe
- President Buhari approves N10 billion for National Census
- Yoruba Nation: Real reasons behind my agitation – Sunday Igboho speaks from Benin Republic
- BREAKING: Armed Thugs Attack Abuja #EndSARS Protesters, Destroy Cars
- Police Service Commission Dismisses 4 Senior Officers, Demotes 2 Others Over Misconduct
- We Saw It Coming, They Are Easterners – Nigerians React To Obi Cubana’s Arrest
- Watch Video Of Moment EFCC Eventually Arrested Okorocha And Drove Him Away In Their Vehicle
- Breaking: Yoruba Nation Agitators To Protest Igboho’s Detention In Cotonou
- Sunday Igboho’s arrest: Fears of protest, violence hit South-West
- Agbekoya Threatens To Confront Aggression Against Igboho
- Buhari’s Son-in-Law, Two Others Wanted For $65m Fraud