Nigerian Correctional Service, Ogun State Command, has debunked rumour that one of the suspected killers of Sofiat Okeowo had died in custody.
Okeowo was killed and beheaded in Abeokuta earlier this year by some teenage boys, one of whom was her boyfriend.
The boys were burning the victim’s head for money ritual when they were caught by a local security guard in Oke Aregba area of Abeokuta.
The boys have since been arraigned and detained in custody pending the determination of their case.
Lately, there were speculations that one of the suspected ritual killers had died in detention.
But, the Controller of Corrections, Ogun State command, Mr Alimi Abdul-Rasheed, said the three suspects in its custody are hale and hearty, adding that report of death is untrue.
“To set the records straight, the command wishes to state that three of the suspects presently in our custody are hale and hearty,” Abdul-Rasheed stated.
He explained how the four suspects, Waris Oladeinde, Balogun Mustakeem, Abdulgafar Lukman and Majekodunmi Soliudeen, were remanded by the court on February 3.
He recalled that Waris Oladeinde had been released by the court on March 14, saying others are still in custody on the order of the court.
He urged that the fake report be disregarded, adding that the service would ensure safe and humane custody of offenders, as well as their rehabilitation and reintegration back to the society.
More from my site
- Osun Amotekun arrests suspect specialized in desecrating corpses
- Sofiat: Behead killers of our daughter now – Family of girl slaughtered for money ritual in Ogun
- Sofiat: We got money ritual guidelines from Facebook – Ogun teenage boys
- Residents flee as cultists kill popular area boy, Tommy in Abeokuta
- Another Woman Killed After Serial Killer Escaped From Ibadan Police Custody
- Daddy Freeze reacts to Dolapo Badmus’s statement on pant stealers
- Ritual Killers’ Den Uncovered In Kwara… What The Suspect Said Will Shock You
- Yahoo boy allegedly runs mad after failing to use his mother for money ritual (video)
- Ritual killers are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists
- Teenage boys slaughter girlfriend, burn her head for money ritual in Ogun
- Mortuary attendant decapitates dead body in Ogun, says head to be sold at N50,000
- 21 Yrs Old Bricklayer Kills His Apprentice For Money Ritual, A Day To His 14th Birthday In Ibadan
- Ritualists Caught With Human Head Burnt In Front Of Ogun Police Station
- ‘Our native doctor asked us to get skulls of people we know for money rituals’
- Money Ritual: Two Brothers Land In Police Net For Kidnapping, Attempting To Sell Woman, 9-Yr-Old Son For N600k
- I only bought two human legs at N20,000, I’m not a murderer – Suspected Ogun ritualist
- How Bricklayer And His Accomplice Slaughtered Woman, Her 4-Year-Old Son And Used Their Heads For Money Ritual
- Three suspected serial killers nabbed in Ogun
- Iniubong Umoren: More graves uncovered as angry youths vandalize suspected killer’s building
- Police Arrest Four With Human Skull In Ogun (photos)
- Angry Mob Sets Four On Fire Over Ritual Killing In Edo (PHOTOS)