Controversial Islamic cleric, Ahmad Gumi has said the emergence of Peter Obi as the Labour Party presidential candidate for 2023 election has brought relative peace to the South-East.
In a statement he posted on his Facebook page, the cleric said the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB’s support for Obi has indicated that the Biafra agitation is political.
Linking the current security crisis in the country to lack of representation, he said the Oduduwa agitation has also slowed down following the hope that the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu would emerge president.
The statement reads partly, “The IPOB rhetoric and loud voice of Biafra agitations have muffled out with the emergence of Peter Obi as the Labor Party presidential candidate. To them, Igbos have a platform. It’s clear now that the entire IPOB outcry was a political gimmick to get power.
“The Oduduwa clamours have abated also since Tinubu has clinched the APC ticket never to resurface again until probably if he didn’t win the race.
“Northern Ultra conservatives too have no mouth to speak of marginalization or suppression of representation, the NNPP kwankwaso has satisfied that segment of the society. No more claims of candidate suppression and manipulation.”
According to him, the major problem of the country now is whether the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, “will conduct free, fair, and transparent elections” in 2023.
More from my site
- Obidients will damage, destroy Peter Obi beyond redemption – Buhari’s aide Ahmad
- 2023: You’re paperweight, endorsement of Peter Obi worthless – Tinubu blasts Obasanjo
- 2023: How Tinubu, Atiku, Peter Obi’s choices of running mates may decide presidential election
- Court Admits US Judgment On Tinubu’s Alleged $460,000 Forfeiture For Drug Crime in Obi’s Petition
- Presidency: What will make me vote for Peter Obi in 2023 – Sheikh Gumi
- Big ideas don’t win elections – Deji Adeyanju tells Peter Obi
- Presidency: Real Reasons Peter Obi Is Better Than Atiku And Tinubu – Afenifere’s Adebanjo Speaks
- Obi Won’t Get LP Ticket 2027, Apapa Faction Vows
- I’ll Treat Obi, Atiku With Respect – Tinubu
- 2023 presidency: PDP, LP, APC in fresh tirade, lawyer seeks sanctions
- Peter Obi vs Bola Tinubu: Resolve petitions before May 29 – Afenifere urges tribunal
- Presidential Election: Peter Obi Vows To Reclaim Mandate
- Tinubu’s inauguration: Peter Obi sends message to Obidients, others
- Atiku’s aide list positions Tinubu should not appoint politicians to occupy
- I can never underestimate Peter Obi, Atiku – APC chair, Adamu
- Call Your ‘Mob’ To Order Before They Commit Murder In Your Name – Bayo Onanuga Tells Peter Obi
- 2023 presidency: Why Kwankwaso, Peter Obi may not defeat Atiku, Tinubu – Adeyanju
- 2023: ‘Nothing special about Kwankwaso’ – Coalition advises Peter Obi on alternative running mate
- Tinubu Manipulated Presidential Election Results To Become President-Elect – APP Alleges
- Caution your supporters – Tinubu warns Peter Obi over fake news
- Presidential election: Thanks for going to court, believing in judiciary – Buhari to Atiku, Peter Obi