Nigerian music star, David Adedeji Adeleke, popularly known as Davido has expressed hope that the ongoing governorship election in Osun State would be free and fair.
In a tweet on his verified Twitter handle, the award winning music star revealed that the electorates are rejecting monetary offers from parties intending to buy their votes.
The Fem track crooner said the ongoing exercise in Osun State has signaled hope for the nation.
He wrote, “People rejecting money being offered to them left and right in the State today … GREAT TO SEE … there is stilll hope for Nigeria”.
It was reported that Davido’s uncle who is the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, flagbearer, Ademola Adeleke, has cast his vote.
More from my site
- Osun Decides: All information coming has been good for PDP, be at alert – Davido to voters
- Osun Election: Fans Hail Davido, Knock Portable Over Appearance At Campaign (photos)
- #OsunDecides2018 (LIVE UPDATES): APC, PDP, SDP, others battle
- 2023 Presidency: Atiku Sends Message To PDP
- Osundecides2022: EFCC operatives storm Osun to curb vote buying [PHOTOS]
- OSIEC to conduct local government elections on Oct 15
- Ekiti election: Fayemi receives certificate of return, vows not to disappoint the people
- Osun Guber: Omisore speaks on PDP, APC’s plan to share money during elections
- Fayose wasn’t favoured during Ekiti primary, we stood our ground – PDP
- PDP condemns election shift, blames ruling Party
- Osun election: What ADC governorship candidate, Akinbade said after voting
- 2019: How Saraki reacted to Atiku’s emergence as PDP presidential candidate