The Osun State Governor-elect, Senator Ademola Adeleke has cautioned his supporters and well-wishers against engaging in violence.
The former lawmaker warned that those celebrating his victory should observe decorum or risk being disowned as members of his political family.
Recall that Adeleke was on Sunday declared winner of the just concluded Osun governorship election.
There has been jubilation amongst his supporters and well-wishers across the country.
However, some of the jubilants are said to have been engaging in violence against members of the defeated party.
Reacting, Adeleke in a statement by his spokesperson, Mallam Olawale Rasheed, condemned the reported violent conduct of some youth celebrating his emergence as Governor-elect in the state, dissociating himself and his political organisation from such negative activities.
“It has come to the attention of the Governor-Elect that some youth are engaging in violent celebrations, leading to isolated attacks on vehicles and even individuals. This is unacceptable conduct and those involved in such behaviour are warned to stop forthwith.
“While commiserating with any victim of such incident, the Adeleke Campaign Organisation Is hereby informing the general public that it did not authorise any such demonstration and those involved are definitely not part of the Adeleke Campaign Organisation,” he said.
More from my site
- Oranmiyan House: Osun Government Condemns Attack, Promises To Fish Out Perpetrators
- Sani Abacha’s daughter, Gumsu cries out as her alleged campaign poster goes viral
- PVC: Igbo youths give Lagos 7-day ultimatum to apologise over attack on Ndigbo
- 2019: Why I declared at ‘Not Too Young To Run’ Programme – Saraki
- INEC office attack: It’s impossible not to suspect opposition – Imo youth group
- 2019: OBJ’s Letter Working In APC’s Favour – Presidency
- If I had any skeleton in my cupboard, this govt would have silenced me – Bukola Saraki
- Many Injured, Vehicles Damaged As Political Thugs Attack Former Osun Commissioner (Photos)
- Youths Confirm #EndSARS Protests Hijacked By Politicians, Anti-Nigeria Forces To Destabilize The Country
- Senator George Akume Distributes Shoes, Slippers To His Constituents (Photos)
- 2023: Don’t be used for selfish reasons – Group charges youths
- Ondo election: Many injured, over 20 vehicles, motorcycles destroyed as APC, PDP supporters clash in Owo (PHOTOS)
- Yoruba Nation rally: Names of 21 agitators arrested in Lagos
- Seven things to know about Sunday Igboho
- Kogi Guber: PDP, APC Accuse Each Other Of Importing Thugs
- Tread softly, don’t arrest Sunday Igboho — Fani-Kayode warns IGP, Presidency
- Lack Of Leadership Led To Hijacking Of EndSARS Protest – Lukman
- Sunday Igboho Disowns Twitter, Facebook Accounts
- Thugs attack Atiku’s supporters at campaign rally in Kaduna (photos & video)
- #EndSARS Protests: The Emerging Crusaders; Why President Buhari And Others Should Be Afraid?
- Fulani Herdsmen Attack Osun Farmers In Kwara