Peter Obi and Datti Baba-Ahmed met former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Sunday.
The former Anambra governor and ex-House of Representatives member are vying for the presidency under the Labour Party (LP).
Obasanjo received the 2023 candidates at his residence in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.
Also present was the Senior Pastor of Trinity House, Ituah Ighodalo, a social justice activist.
Obi’s ally and a former United Nations official, Oseloka Obaze shared photos of the meeting on social media.
Obaze was the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) flagbearer for the 2017 Anambra governorship election.
The parley is believed to be part of Obi’s consultations ahead of the general elections next year.
More from my site
- Ihedioha’s ‘saboteur comment’: Imo youths protest in Owerri (photos)
- I can never underestimate Peter Obi, Atiku – APC chair, Adamu
- Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, Sets To Participate In The Party’s Presidential Primary Election
- 2023: How Tinubu, Atiku, Peter Obi’s choices of running mates may decide presidential election
- Peter Obi vs Bola Tinubu: Resolve petitions before May 29 – Afenifere urges tribunal
- Over 60,000 watch Peter Obi speak at Chatham House, promises to fight corruption, insecurity
- Peter Obi Meets With Sanusi To Discuss Nation Building (Photos)
- Daddy Showkey responds to Igbo divisions over Labour Party factions.
- 2023 presidency: PDP, LP, APC in fresh tirade, lawyer seeks sanctions
- Presidency: Big names’ll join LP to destabilize you – Primate Ayodele warns Peter Obi
- Labour Party, Peter Obi’s supporters hold solidarity march in Awka (photos)
- 2023: Peter Obi can only win presidency on social media – Pastor Giwa