Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed that everything about him is accidental, except farming.
Obasanjo was a former military Head of State before he was elected as a civilian President in 1999.
But, the Balogun Owu said the only thing he did in life that did not come by happenstance is farming.
Speaking on Saturday on a live radio interview with Segun Odegbami on Eagles7 Sports 103.7 FM, Abeokuta, Obasanjo said he is always proud to be addressed as a farmer.
Odegbami had asked Obasanjo to speak about what he termed his “romance with farming”.
In response, the former President said, “I don’t like the word you used, ‘romance with farming’. I am a farmer. What do you mean by romance? Everything I have done in my life is by accident. The only thing that is not accidental is farming. Every other thing that I’ve been is by accident. And you called that romance? No! What do you mean by romance?
“You know my beginning. I was born and bred in a village. I went to school by accident. My father just said, ‘won’t you do something different?’ So I went into farming.
“When you look at countries that have made it, they developed on agriculture. First, for the purpose of food security; second, for the purpose of processing what they get from their farms, which is the beginning of industrialisation. Third, to give it out as export, which is for the purpose of foreign exchange; and fourth, as a means of generating employment for the youth.”
More from my site
- Tomorrow may never come, take over leadership now – Obasanjo tells youths
- Fresh FM fans protest demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s radio house
- Child Survives Car Accident That Killed Mum In Minna, Help Needed To Find Family (Photos)
- I Want To Buy Chelsea FC – Oluwo Of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi
- Fight for Your Future, Omoyeni Tells Ekiti People
- NBC Revokes Licences of Silverbird, AIT, Rhythm FM, Others (FULL LIST)
- Throwback to 2016 when Governor Ajimobi revealed that people wanted Ayefele’s music house demolished, but he said ‘its the best radio studio in Oyo State’ (VIDEO)
- Yinka Ayefele thanks Governor Ajimobi for rebuilding his music house a year after it was demolished
- El-Rufai reveals where Buhari will live after 2023 election
- Police Summon Mailafia Over Criminal Investigation
- Terrorists’ attacks: Obasanjo left behind capable, disciplined military, we are shocked – Kwankwaso
- Balarabe Musa, ex-Kaduna governor, is dead
- Zamfara killing shows how valueless lives are under Buhari govt – Moghalu
- “You Swore Under Quoran to Protect Nigerians, But Has Failed” – Northern Elders Ask Buhari to Resign Immediately
- Armed Robbers Invade Yinka Ayefele’s Radio Station In Ibadan
- Fayose: If Obasanjo, Jonathan, Buhari Can Be President Why Can’t I?
- Popular OAP, Tosyn Bucknor is dead
- Women who put on men’s wears are an abomination to God – Pastor Kumuyi
- Herdsmen: Ex-Minister, Maku reveals what’ll happen to Nigeria if violence in middle-belt persists
- Mailafia Apologises Over His Boko Harm Statement
- NAF arrests 2 suspects in connection to Tolulope Arotile’s death