A Kano State High Court has sentenced Abdulmalik Tanko, the kidnapper and killer of five-year-old Hanifa Abubakar to death by hanging.
Justice Usman Naaba also slammed a five-year jail term on the murderer for all the five charges levelled against him.
The Court also found guilty, the 2nd accused in the case, Hashim Isiyaku on four charges and sentenced him to death by hanging
He also has a two-year prison term hanging on his throat for attempts to kidnap.
Justice Usman Naaba also found guilty the 3rd accused person, Fatima Musa guilty on four counts in the case of the murder of Hanifa.
The 6 years old school girl was brutally poisoned to death by the proprietor of her school sometime in 2021 after collecting ransom from her parents.
Delivering judgement on Thursday, Justice Usman Naaba, said the five count charges are for kidnappings Hanifa Abubakar, attempting to kidnap her, counselling to kidnap her, abatement and poisoning her to death.
The Judge sentenced Fatima Musa for conspiracy and attempt to kidnap and sentenced her to one year each on the two counts because she is a nursing mother.
More from my site
- Hanifa: Kano court remands suspected killers of 5-year-old girl
- Two Nigerians To Die By Hanging In Ghana For Kidnapping, Killing Four Girls
- Hanifa Abubakar: Another girl, Zuwaira Gambo murdered in Kano
- Hanifa Abubakar: Five-year-old kidnap victim butchered in Kano [PHOTOS]
- Court Re-arraigns Evans, Others For Kidnapping
- Court Convicts Nigerien, Five Others Over Fake $570k
- 3 Traffickers Kill A Woman By Poisoning Her Food After They Sold Her Newborn Twins For N3m In Enugu
- Hanifa: Police arraign suspect, Tanko amid tight security
- Notorious Kidnap Kingpin, Wadume Allegedly Arraigned For Terrorism, Murder
- 50-year-old man sentenced to death by hanging for killing his wife in Ondo
- Absence of interpreter stalls trial of Chinese man who allegedly killed Nigerian girlfriend in Kano (photos)
- Court sentences former minister, ex-PDP deputy chairman, evangelist to jail
- Evan’s Co-defendant Chiemeka Arinze Dies In Prison
- Court Hears Ibadan Twins’ Kidnap Case Nov 18
- Alleged Kidnapping: Evans Moves To Call Femi Falana As Witness
- Lagos Head of “Omo Onile”, Sir K Oluwo Jailed In Ogun Prison
- Traditional ruler, Chief Newton Agbofodo sentenced to death
- Billionaire kidnapper: Evans, two others sentenced to life imprisonment
- 10 Die As Suspected ‘Back-To-Sender Charm’ Turns Poison In Kwara
- Four Armed Robbers Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Delta State
- Court Docks School Proprietress, Other Over Visa Scam