The Jigawa State Hisbah Command has burned over 5,550 bottles of alcohol worth N3.2million.
State Hisbah commandant Ibrahim Dahiru, stated this after destruction of the alcohol in Kazaure local government.
He said the alcohol was intercepted in the command’s ongoing operations in the state.
“Within weeks we have seized alcoholic drinks totalling 5,550 bottles and cans it claimed were worth N3.2 million,” he said.
Dahiru said the exercise was conducted after receiving a court verdict authorising the destruction of the alcohol.
He noted that the exercise is in line with Islamic teachings that forbid alcohol consumption and all other intoxicants.
Dahiru said the command will sustain its fight against the immoral act across the state.
More from my site
- Free Alcohol For Residents As Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom (Photos)
- Sharia Law: Hisbah Issues Warning, Destroys Trader’s Bottles Of Beer In Jigawa
- Panic In Umuahia As Drunk Army Officer Crush 6 To Death (GRAPHIC PHOTOS)
- KAROTA arrests 2000 crates of alcohol, rewards officer for rejecting bribe (photos)
- Residents Troop Out To Drink To Stupor After A Trailer Of Beer Fell In Anambra State (PHOTOS & VIDEO)
- Edo Decides: Vehicles Traveling To Benin Involved In Ghastly Accident (Video)
- More Than 300 Die And 1000 Fall Ill In Iran, After Consuming Methanol As Protection Against Coronavirus
- Sick Man Sneaks Out Of Hospital To Drink Beer, Says It Might Be His Last (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Gunmen Abduct Travelers, Shoot Fleeing Victims Along Abuja-Kaduna Expressway
- LASEMA Rescues Man From Committing Suicide In Ikeja (PHOTOS)
- How Pastor Delivered Woman ‘Tied’ With Charm In Ogun
- El-Zakzaky denies Buhari govt’s claim of giving him N3.5m monthly for feeding (VIDEO)
- Photos: Trailer Crashes Into 3-Storey Building In Madalla
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- Photos: Man Apprehended In Akwa Ibom For Allegedly Stealing A Bottle Of Wine To Celebrate His Birthday
- Iranian Wrestler, Navid Afkari Sangari Receives ‘Two Death Sentences’ Over Peaceful Protests
- Alcohol nearly ruined my life, stay away from it – Pastor Giwa tells Christians
- No Honour For Kings Who Take Alcohol In Public – Alaafin
- Kano Traffic Agency Intercepts Trucks Conveying 2000 Crates Of Alcoholic Drinks Worth Over N50M, Rewards Officer For Rejecting N500,000 Bribe (photos)
- BREAKING: Arsonists burn down LG secretariat, Magistrate Court in Anambra
- Family Of Six Perish As Building Collapses In Kebbi (photos)