The Global and International Terrorism Research/Analysis group, Jihad Analytics, says Nigeria now ranks the second most terrorized country by the Islamic State terrorist group globally.
Jihad Analytics specializes in the collation of data on terrorist activities worldwide.
According to the data by Jihad Analytics, Iraq came tops, with Nigeria and Syria taking second and third positions respectively.
The report is coming against the backdrop of frequent claims by the Nigerian government that terrorists have been degraded to the barest minimum.
The report revealed that between January and June 2022, Iraq recorded the highest number of terrorist attacks at 337, whereas Nigeria recorded 305 attacks compared to Syria’s 142 terrorist attacks.
The revelation by Jihad Analytics showed that the Boko Haram and ISWAP Terrorist groups were mostly responsible for the attacks.
More from my site
- Report: Nigeria overtakes Iraq as country with highest number of IS attacks
- Top ISIS Leader, Ammar Bin-Umar Killed In Lake Chad
- Despite Frequent Attacks Nigeria, Buhari Vows To Help Niger Republic, Others Fight Terrorism
- Breaking: ISIS Ordered Us To Kill Boko Haram Leader, Shekau – ISWAP
- We’ll Use All Tools To Counter Terrorism In Nigeria, Says Pompeo
- Nigerians lament bandits attacks, say citizens now live, survive by ‘chance’
- WHO To Address Mental Disorders In Nigeria
- Islamic State prepared for life without its leader
- ISIS fighters from Libya, Syria in Nigeria as ISWAP plans fresh attacks
- ‘Go After Boko Haram, IMN That Are Guilty Of Extremism’ – Group Queries US Watch List On Nigeria
- Insecurity: You’ve allowed your bandits, terrorists kinsmen to operate freely, kill citizens – HURIWA to Buhari
- Boko Haram: Nobody Can Arrest Me, I’m Doing God’s Work, Shekau Boasts In New Video