Some youths in Owerri, Imo State, have taken to the streets to protest the comment of a former governor, Emeka Ihedioha, labelling those who won’t vote Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic, PDP, as saboteurs.
Recall that Ihedioha had said that Nigeria’s presidency would rotate to the South-East after the administration of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, if he wins next year’s election.
He also called those supporting Peter Obi and Labour Party saboteurs.
Ihedioha, in the video, added that Nigeria could not afford to make mistakes in the 2023 election and that there are two parties in the election, the PDP and the All Progressives Congress.
However, the protesting youths under the aegis of Coalition for Peter Obi, stated that he insulted the sensitivity of the Igbo people and not just the supporters of Obi and the Labour Party, LP.
Meanwhile, Ihedioha has since apologised for his comment.
More from my site
- Presidency: Peter Obi has small experience to lead Nigeria – Okowa
- Thousands turn up for Peter Obi rally in Bauchi (video)
- I’ll Treat Obi, Atiku With Respect – Tinubu
- 2023: Peter Obi should stop dragging church into politics – Atiku’s running mate, Okowa
- 2023 Election Best So Far In Nigeria – Itse Sagay
- 2023 presidency: PDP, LP, APC in fresh tirade, lawyer seeks sanctions
- Presidential election: Thanks for going to court, believing in judiciary – Buhari to Atiku, Peter Obi
- Atiku’s aide list positions Tinubu should not appoint politicians to occupy
- I can never underestimate Peter Obi, Atiku – APC chair, Adamu
- Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, Sets To Participate In The Party’s Presidential Primary Election
- Peter Obi rigged Atiku out in Anambra election – Witness tells Presidential election tribunal
- 2023: How Tinubu, Atiku, Peter Obi’s choices of running mates may decide presidential election
- 2023 presidency: Peter Obi is a scam – Deji Adeyanju
- ‘Atiku will be declared winner’
- Highlights Of Peter Obi’s Rallies In Lagos, Kaduna, Uyo, Others (photos & video)
- 2023 presidency: Why Kwankwaso, Peter Obi may not defeat Atiku, Tinubu – Adeyanju
- Peter Obi, Baba-Ahmed meet Obasanjo
- Peter Obi’s supporters dangerous, threat to APC, PDP – Fani-Kayode
- 2023: You have to join forces to defeat Peter Obi – Aisha Yesufu tells APC, PDP
- 2023: I Have Only One National Agenda, No Special Presidential Candidate – Obasanjo
- Atiku: Peter Obi emerges PDP vice presidential candidate