Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi II, former Emir of Kano, has called for the disbandment of Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL).
Muhammad Sanusi II, who was the guest speaker at the 7th Kaduna Investment Summit held at the Murtala Muhammed Square on Saturday, noted that the company should have been much better than it is, but unfortunately, it has become a money pit instead of a cash cow.
It was recalls that Kaduna governor, Nasir el-Rufai, had few days ago, called for the sale of the nation’s refinery in view of its poor performance.
Speaking in the same vein, the 14th Emir of Kano, noted that the four refineries which are more or less in comatose and apparently not satisfying the yearnings of the Nigerians should be unbundled and disbanded.
Sanusi further advised states of the need to find ways to free themselves from the effects of leakages and unorthodox policies at the Federal level.
According to him, instead of pushing for a revised revenue sharing formula (a bigger piece of a shrinking pie), they need to push for new and independent powers of taxation.
More from my site
- Sanusi: I Warned Buhari’s Govt That Its Policies Will Destroy Nigeria’s Economy
- Deposed Emir Sanusi Gets New Political Appointment
- Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano
- Governor El-Rufai On His Way To Visit Deposed Emir Sanusi
- 57years After Sanusi Muhammad I Was Dethroned, Governor Ganduje Removes Sanusi II From Office
- Ganduje, Sanusi’s reconciliation excites Kano residents
- Breaking: Emir Sanusi reply query
- Kano: Malami Denies Involvement In Sanusi’s Ouster, Detention
- BREAKING: Kano doesn’t need ‘Shege Ka Fasa’- Ganduje
- PHOTOS: Sanusi Confirmed As Leader Of Tijaniyya Islamic Sect, Turbaned In Senegal
- Photos: Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II Takes Family To The Cinema In UK
- BREAKING: Council Approves Establishment Of New Emirates In Kano
- Shehu Sani Blames Northern Elders For Gov Ganduje, Emir Sanusi Crisis
- BREAKING: Buhari Has No Hands In Dethronement Of Emir Sanusi, Says Presidency
- It’s madness sign to think Nigeria’ll work without restructuring –Soyinka
- Nigeria going back to 1980 – Sanusi
- Emir Sanusi: Nigeria’s population a liability
- Sacked Emir Sanusi Gets Major United Nations Appointment
- Another Emir, Ahmad Muhammad Asha is dead
- 2023: ‘We are living on extra-time, religious leaders should speak up’ – Sanusi
- Fed Govt Gets N2.336tr From Sale Of Imported Fuel