An Ibadan Chief, Oloye Adegboyega Taofeek Adegoke has admonished governments at all levels to pay more attention to culture and tradition.
Adegoke, who is the Aare-Onibon Balogun of Ibadanland, made this disclosure on Sunday while speaking with journalists at Obafemi Awolowo stadium, Oke Ado Ibadan at the celebration of Abose Day.
He said that the promotion of culture and tradition will help to generate more money for the government.
Adegoke maintained that governments at all levels must provide an enabling environment for the promotion, protection and preservation of cultural and traditional heritage and value by traditional leaders and their subjects.
He said this is necessary so that hard earned culture and tradition will not go into extinction.
“Yoruba culture, tradition and heritage must be accepted, celebrated, and preserved. We must showcase our cultural attires, language and everything that identifies us as Yoruba.
“This can help significantly in developing the economy, promoting our values globally, which can also be leveraged on to empower the youth.
“I am imploring other traditional leaders in Ibadan, Yoruba race and across other ethnic nationalities to tow the same line in order not to allow their culture and tradition to go into extinction.
“That is why we are calling on governments at all levels to pay more attention to culture and tradition, in relation to tourism, which is even the sole revenue generation in some countries,” he stated.
More from my site
- Prayers offered during Olojo festival will transform Nigeria – Ooni of Ife
- Ooni Of Ife Commends Itsekiri For Adhering To Tradition In The Selection Of Olu Of Warri
- US capitol Washington DC declares October 1 Nigerian-American Day
- Aare Ona Kankafo Of Yorubaland, Gani Adams Reacts To The Merciless Killings By Herdsmen
- What Buhari Said At Annual Investment Meeting In Dubai
- Why Nigeria can’t remain together – Wole Soyinka
- Osun festival to hold despite COVID-19, pollution
- Obasanjo, Abiodun, Amosun meet in Ogun [PHOTOS]
- Don’t neglect our cultural heritage, make money with it – Gani Adams to Akeredolu, monarchs
- Return All Our Artifacts You Stole, Lai Mohammed Tells Foreign Nations
- Nigeria, Germany sign agreement on return of 1,130 Benin bronzes
- PHOTOS: Residents Of Ogbaagba, Iwo And Ile-Ogbo Storm Govt’s Office, Call For Oluwo’s Suspension
- “Cryptocurrencies Should Be Regulated, Not Prohibited In Nigeria” – Osinbajo Tells CBN
- Nigeria May Witness Second Wave Of COVID-19, PTF Discloses
- Buhari govt protecting Fulanis, only achieved Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho’s arrest – Yoruba group
- Any Right-thinking Nigerian Will Still Vote For APC In 2023 – Babatunde Fashola
- PHOTOS: Buhari’s Supporter Throws Ram Party In Katsina To Celebrate His Return From UK Medical Trip
- Breaking: Buhari Renames Abuja National Stadium After MKO Abiola
- Nigerians’ preference for English worries federal government
- Boko Haram: Zulum receives delegates of Cameroonian Military
- What Buhari told Nigeria’s Bande, UN General Assembly President