The Federal Government has said that economic challenges have not discouraged President Muhammad Buhari from putting smiles on the faces of the poor and vulnerable Nigerians.
This was disclosed by Nasir Sani-Gwarzo, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, yesterday in Jalingo, Taraba State, during the launching of the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme, GEEP 2.0.
Sani-Gwarzo said that President Buhari’s administration had lifted many Nigerians from poverty, and it’s still on track to lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty before the end of his administration in 2023.
“Since the inception of President Muhammadu Buhari’s led administration in 2015, when it inherited a National Poverty Incidence level averaging 70 per cent going by the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, the Federal Government has paid more attention to generating solutions to address the plight of the poor and vulnerable in the country despite other economic challenges the administration inherited at the time”, he said.
He also stated that NSIP was introduced in 2015 as a strategy of poverty reduction, and that it is currently garnering many partnerships, including international development partners.
More from my site
- Over 80 Million Nigerians Are Poor – Federal Government
- “We have moved 10m Nigerians out of poverty” – Federal Government claims
- 2019 elections: Your time is almost up, stop complaining – Fayose fires back at Buhari
- 133 million poverty index: Twists, turns as FG, States trade blame
- Corruption Is Nigeria’s Greatest Challenge –ICPC Chairman
- Insecurity: Oyetola, Akeredolu, other stakeholders call for inclusion of traditional rulers’ roles in Nigerian constitution
- 2023: I’m father of frustrated Nigerian youths – Obasanjo reveals solution to country’s challenges
- Buhari has destroyed Obasanjo’s achievements – PDP chair, Ayu
- Nigeria’s insecurity: Buhari doing his best – Osinbajo
- Masari: No President Better Than Buhari Since Nigeria’s Amalgamation In 1914
- Ranching: You owe a land only when you’re alive – Presidency
- 133m poor Nigerians: SERAP takes Buhari to court
- FG Gives N10,000 To 1.6 Million Households Every Two Months — Buhari
- Federal lawmaker empowers 1,284 people in Daura
- #EndSARS: Call For Buhari’s Resignation Unacceptable, Politically Instigated — NDF
- Sultan Of Sokoto Urges Nigerians To Engage In Nation Building
- Nigeria’s worst military govt better than Buhari administration – Benue gov, Ortom
- More women to receive N20,000 each monthly in Zamfara
- Buhari has dragged Nigeria below its 1999 status – Obasanjo
- BREAKING: Federal Govt, Twitter Begin Talks Over Ban
- Why We Should Reduce Nigeria States From 36 To 12 – Attahiru Jega