The Kano State Fire Service says 15 persons were killed and property worth N20 million destroyed in various fire incidents in the state in October.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Public Relations Officer of the service, Alhaji Saminu Abdullahi on Thursday in Kano.
Abdullahi said the service also saved 24 lives and property worth N43.3 million from 35 fire incidents during the period.
He said that the service responded to 32 rescue calls and six false alarms from residents across the state during the period.
The spokesperson urged the general public to handle fire with care to prevent further outbreaks and cautioned motorists to abide by traffic laws to avoid road crashes in the state.
More from my site
- 2021: Fire service saves eight persons, N3.8bn property in Adamawa
- Fire Razes Popular Ibadan Market, Destroys Shops, Valuables
- Terrorist Sympathisers In Buhari’s Government Might Be Behind Recent Military Plane Crashes – Group
- Osun: Several injured in multiple road crashes
- Hoodlums Attack Kwara Fire Service Personnel
- Fire guts building of 8 rooms, 15 shops in Kwara
- 36 Persons Killed After Train Collided with a Truck (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Fire razes down another building in Yobe
- BREAKING: One Killed, Properties Destroyed As Fire Razes Bauchi Market (PHOTOS)
- Coronavirus: 111 New people Tested Positive In Belgium,Brings Total To 60,023
- Coronavirus: 136 New People Tested In Belgium,Brings Total To 58,517
- Coronavirus: 98 New People Tested Positive in Belgium,Brings Total To 58,615