Death toll in the Saturday night attack on Runji village in Kaduna State has risen to 33.
This was confirmed by the chairman of Zangon Kataf Local Government Council, Francis Sani.
He explained on Sunday that over 40 houses in the village were completely burnt down by the attackers, adding that seven persons sustained various degrees of injuries and are presently in the hospital receiving treatment.
The 33 victims of the attack were on Sunday given a mass burial amid tears by members of the community.
Dr Samuel Achie, President, Atyap Community Development Association (ACDA) also confirmed the number of the victims killed and those injured by the attackers.
It was reported that the attackers invaded the community in the night while the residents were asleep.
They divided themselves into three groups and started shooting sporadically, burning houses in the process.
More from my site
- 10 reportedly killed, houses burnt in fresh attack by gunmen in Southern Kaduna community
- Seven Killed As Bandits Attack Sokoto Community (photos)
- Seven Persons Killed As Bandits Attack Another Community In Zamfara (photos)
- ‘Miracle Baby’ Rescued After Being Dropped On Mother’s Corpse By Herdsmen (Photos)
- Villagers Massacred By Bandits In Fresh Kaduna Attack (graphic photos)
- Suspected Fulani militias kill four, set houses ablaze in fresh Southern Kaduna attack
- Over 50 herders armed with AK-47 killed our village head, others, razed our houses – Molege residents [PHOTOS]
- 45 Feared Killed in Attacks on Nasarawa Communities as Kaduna Death Toll Reaches 40
- Jukun/Tiv Crisis: 3 Killed, Houses, Crops Razed In Renewed Attack On Benue Community (PHOTOS)
- Again, Bandits Attack Southern Kaduna, Kill At Least 29
- Again, bandits kill 16 villagers, abducted several others in Taraba communities
- GRAPHIC PHOTOS: Pregnant Woman, 9 Others Killed In Plateau Community Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen