People suspected of being members of the Yoruba Nation agitators reportedly hijacked Amuludun 99.1 FM in Ibadan in the early hours of Sunday.
The radio station, according to some staff who said, was hijacked around 6 am on Sunday.
Amuludun FM is a community station owned by the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN).
A staff member of the station saidthat the suspects invaded the station with various forms of charms.
“That is what we witnessed this morning. They hijacked the station around 6 am. But they had been at the station before that time.
“They came with various forms of charms. They woke our staff, who were sleeping. Some of our staff have fled. We are yet to see some of our staff. But the security [personnel] are on ground now,” he said.
Another source said that the station has gone off the air.
The General Manager of the station, Mr. Stephen Agbaje, confirmed the development but stressed that the situation has been brought under control by the security agencies.
He added that some arrests have been made.
“Some group of agitators came around in the night, and took over the station, but the situation has been brought under control by the security agents. They were able to recover the station, and some arrests have been made,” he said.
More from my site
- NBC Revokes Licences of Silverbird, AIT, Rhythm FM, Others (FULL LIST)
- Ibadan: Hoodlums invade Radio Nigeria, destroy cars, property worth millions of naira (photos)
- Musician Yinka Ayefele’s radio station demolished in Ibadan (PHOTOS & VIDEO)
- Armed Robbers Invade Yinka Ayefele’s Radio Station In Ibadan
- Oyo govt marks Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM for demolition [See Detail]
- Fresh Violence Erupts In Gombe, Radio Station Destroyed
- Before and After photos of Yinka Ayefele’s N800 million Music House
- NNPC ‘operating illegal account’ — Senator
- Herdsmen: Ex-Minister, Maku reveals what’ll happen to Nigeria if violence in middle-belt persists
- Fire guts EKEDC Lagos Island station
- Armed Robbers Attack Ilorin NNPC Mega Station, Behead Police Officer, Cart Away N2million
- Notorious Kidnap Kingpin, Wadume Allegedly Arraigned For Terrorism, Murder
- Throwback to 2016 when Governor Ajimobi revealed that people wanted Ayefele’s music house demolished, but he said ‘its the best radio studio in Oyo State’ (VIDEO)
- Yinka Ayelefe heads to court over planned demolition of radio station
- Fresh FM fans protest demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s radio house
- Yinka Ayefele reveals man behind Fresh FM demolition, cautions fans against violence
- Radio Presenter, Emmanuella Adepoju, Popularly Called Iya Jogbo is Dead
- PHOTOS: Over 2000 Suspects Arrested, Drugs Worth N75bn Seized In Three Months – NDLEA
- PHCN’s Apo Transmission Station Catches Fire, 45MVA Transformer Burnt Down In Abuja
- See The Name And Face of General Whose 24 Properties Worth N10.9billion Were Seized By EFCC (Photos)
- IGP commissions Nigeria Police Radio – 99.1FM, Abuja (photos)