The Lagos government in a letter sent to the actress accused her of owing N7,376,000.00 tax for the year 2022 and N11,264,092 in back taxes for the 2021 tax year.
Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo has been given seven days by the Lagos State Government to pay the sum of N18,640,092.00 as personal income tax or risk jail.
This was made public in a letter sent to the actress by the government accusing her of owing N7,376,000.00 tax for the year 2022 and N11,264,092 in back taxes for the 2021 tax year.
Responding to the letter on Monday, Iyabo Ojo criticised the method used to determine what she described as an exorbitant tax bill she received.
Sharing the picture of the bill on her Instagram page, she said: “@jidesanwoolu @lagosstategovt, please, how do you people come up with these outrageous personal income taxes you send on a daily basis?
“After paying for different types of taxes for one’s businesses, house & all…. you still come up with all this huge amount and give me 7 days to pay up, lol.
“Last time, you people asked me to come to your office, I came, you asked me to explain and declare what I earn, which I did with my tax consultant, but no you did not respond to my letter, because you want me to pay you an outrageous amount that I do not have, make I go thief ni? I ask again, ‘How do you people come up with such outrageous bills?’
“What have you people ever done for me as a government? NOTHING. Since you guys insist, You can gladly come and close down my business, arrest me, jail me, or kill me for all I care, we all will die one day.”
More from my site
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu signs Lagos VAT bill, Nigerian govt opposes
- BREAKING: Lagos Assembly passes bills on open grazing ban, VAT
- How open grazing ban, VAT bills will affect Lagos – Parties
- House Of Reps Committee Gives Naval Chief Seven Days To Explain ‘Unaccounted’ N11.5m
- Drama As Ghanaian Lawmakers Fight Dirty Over Electronic Tax Bill (VIDEO)
- Eniola Badmus Spotted Campaigning For Oluremi Tinubu During APC Mega Rally (Photos)
- Breaking: Tinubu didn’t travel out, visits Sanwo-Olu in Marina (Videos)
- Lagos Police Begin Investigation Into Viral Video Of Igbo Man Threatening To Kill Adeyinka Grandson
- Iyabo Ojo Flaunts Massive Backside In New Photos
- Lagos Pledges Tax Break For Business Owners Affected By #EndSARS Crisis
- VIDEO: Why I Shared Fuel As Souvenir At Lagos Party – Ogbolu
- US Congress passes $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package in key win for Biden
- Drivers block Onitsha -Enugu expressway (photos)
- Actress, ‘Toyin Asewo To Re Mecca’, Causes Ruckus At Ibadan Shoprite Over Shoplifting Allegations IVIDEO)
- Photos & Video: How Armed Robbers Attacked Me, Stole My Belongings In Ogun – Actress Kemi Afolabi
- American Billionaire, Bill Gates Gives $6 Billion To Charity
- Lagos State Government Appoints Adenike Oyetunde As Senior Special Assistant On Persons Living With Disability
- Outrageous Bills: Lagos Community Threatens To Cut Off Ikeja Electric, Says Services No Longer Needed
- Rep speaks on bill to declare June 12 Democracy Day
- Pay us N24m tax else we attack, kill you all – Bandits threaten Zamfara communities
- PHOTOS: Anambra State Govt Reacts To Videos Of Prophet Onyeze Jesus’ Followers Bathing Naked In A River