Connect with us

News

Ohanaeze condemns bill to elevate Ooni of Ife, Sultan of Sokoto

Published

on

The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide has condemned the bill in the Senate seeking to permanently elevate the Ooni of Ife and Sultan of Sokoto as the exclusive Co-Chairmen of the Traditional Rulers Council.

The group said the move would be at the expense of apex traditional rulers from other ethnic nationalities and geopolitical divides.

Ezechi Chukwu, the National Publicity Secretary of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, said this in a statement on Sunday in Enugu.

The News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, reports that the bill has passed second reading.

Chukwu said the Igbo body was astounded by the rationale for such an asymmetric bill by the Senate with its utter disregard for fairness, equity, justice, and the principle of federal character as enshrined in the Constitution.

“The Senate in this vein has failed in its capacity as the highest legislative carrier and custodian of the nation’s democratic mandate.

“This bill is not only inequitable, discriminatory, and ethnocentric, it is equally distasteful, reprehensible, and objectionable.

“It lacks all the ethical considerations, objective metrics, and unbiased categories for national unity and social justice in a pluralist nation-state like Nigeria,” Chukwu said.

He said Ohanaeze Ndigbo called for the urgent withdrawal of the bill and the need to review it in consideration of ethnic differences, cultural sensitivity, geopolitical balance, inclusive governance, and equitable representation.

“It is only by so doing shall the bill foster national unity, peaceful coexistence, and social stability,” he stressed.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Trump, CNN clash over Iran ‘victory’ report
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Nollywood Actor Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’s’ burial details revealed

Published

on

The burial arrangements for veteran Nollywood actor and screenwriter, Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, have been announced following his death at the age of 66.

Ogogo will be buried on Monday, August 24, 2026, in his hometown, Ilaro, Ogun State.

Veteran actor Jide Kosoko announced the burial details in a statement shared on his Instagram page, saying the actor’s remains would be taken to Ilaro for a lying-in-state ceremony.

According to the announcement, the ceremony will hold at the Pavillon, Ilaro, Ogun State, by 11:00 a.m.

The statement read, “His remains will be taken to his hometown, Ilaro, Ogun State today where the lying-in-state ceremony will take place tomorrow.”

The founder of Best of Nollywood, Seun Oloketuyi, also confirmed the burial arrangement through a statement from the Ilaro Muslim Community.

The announcement stated that the burial prayer would hold at the Asade Agunloye Pavilion Ground by 10:00 a.m.

Ogogo died on Sunday at 3 p.m. at the age of 66, according to the burial announcement.

His death came days after his daughters, Kaira and Lima Taiwo, appealed for medical assistance for the actor, who had been battling stage-four cancer.

Kaira had earlier revealed that doctors informed the family they could no longer administer chemotherapy due to his condition.

Ogogo was a respected figure in the Nigerian film industry, particularly known for his contributions to Yoruba-language cinema.

 

See also  US, Iran exchange fire despite Trump ceasefire claims
Continue Reading

News

Nollywood actor, Ogogo, succumbs to cancer, dies at 66

Published

on

Popular Nollywood and Yoruba film actor, Taiwo Hassan, pooularly known as Ogogo, is dead.

The news of the actor’s death was confirmed by multiple sources, including the founder of Best of Nollywood, Seun Oloketuyi.

Oloketuyi announced the death in a post on social media, writing, “Taiwo Hassan Ogogo is dead.

“He finally lost the battle of life.”

Ogogo’s daughter, Kaira Taiwo, was also seen crying during a live session on Instagram on Sunday, where she expressed disbelief over her father’s death.

Nigerian actor and filmmaker, Saheed Balogun, also mourned the veteran actor in an Instagram post. Nigerianbusiness news

“Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un. You can rest now my brother Taiwo Hassan Ogogo. May Almighty Allah guide you through Aljannah. This is truly painful.” Balogun wrote.

The actor’s death comes days after his daughters, Kaira and Lima Taiwo, appealed for medical assistance for their father, who had been battling stage-four cancer.

On Monday, August 17, 2026, the sisters took to social media to seek medical advice and assistance for the actor.

According to Kaira, doctors had informed the family that they could no longer administer chemotherapy due to his condition.

The family subsequently sought alternative treatment options, including specialised medical procedures and traditional remedies.

Ogogo was a prominent figure in the Nigerian film industry, particularly known for his contributions to Yoruba-language films. Nigerianbusiness news

He is to be buried on Monday.

See also  Fresh Details Emerge On How Terrorists Killed Gen. Braimah
Continue Reading

News

VIDEO: Police arrest Tope Osoba’s lover, Prophet Itunu over her death

Published

on

Prophet Itunu, the lover of late Nigerian actress, Temitope Osoba, better known as Tope Osoba, has been arrested.

Police reportedly arrested Itunu on Tuesday August 18, 2026 following the public outcry over the circumstances surrounding Tope’s death.

It was  reports that Tope Osoba died on August 4, 2026, two years after surviving breast cancer.

Many Nigerians took to social media to demand the arrest of her lover after the actress’ close associates and best friends accused him and his siblings of having a hand in her death.

Shortly after the news of her death, Tope Osoba’s friends and associates started calling out Prophet Itunu for allegedly manipulating the actress to move in with him without knowing her family or marrying her legally.

Itunu was also accused of bullying her, collecting one of her money and one of her cars, and stopping her from acting or speaking with colleagues and friends.

Following the chat and voice notes evidence shared by the deceased’s friends to backup the allegations, the family postponed her burial to allow the police to conduct proper investigation into her death.

Reacting to the development in an interview with the Celestial Reality Check, a Media Investigative Unit of the Celestial Church of Christ, Itunu denied the allegations and claimed that it was the actress that approached him for marriage after she visited his church for prayers.

While accusing her of being a drug addict, the prophet said, “Tope was a drug addict and I didn’t know about it on time. And I don’t have money to take her to rehab after I noticed.”

See also  Aiyedatiwa resolves Ondo Assembly crisis, presents N492.8bn budget

However, updating the public about the case in an Instagram video on Sunday, the actress’ close friend and online personality, Akeem, announced that Itunu has been arrested alongside one unidentified hairdresser.

Akeem who is better known as ‘Oko Awon Single Mother’, said in a now trending video, “Good morning everybody, good Nigerians. So to those asking me for an update about Tope Osoba’s case, I have good news for you.

“Itunu was arrested on Tuesday. The hairdresser was also arrested. They are now in detention. The order guy that was accused of raping her is on the run. The guy’s name is Pelumi.

“So hopefully, justice will be served for her. Thank you Nigerians, thanks to the police for not ignoring our cry for justice. A big thank you to the family and a big thank you to myself. Autopsy will be carried out by the police.”

It was  reports that Prophet Itunu is the Shepherd-in-charge of CCC Onibuore Cathedral, Bogije, in the Ibeju-Lekki area of Lagos State.

WATCH THE VIDEO

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending