Police have arrested five suspects in connection with the premeditated m8rder of a 30-year-old Nigerian woman, Victory Osarumen Thompson, in Limassol, Cyprus.
Thompson was found d3ad in her Germasogeia flat on Sunday, November 9, 2025.
Assistant Police Director Lefteris Kyriakou said the police received a call from the ambulance service around 10:30 a.m, reporting the woman’s d3ath.
The victim suffered injuries consistent with being brutally beaten with a broomstick, investigators told the Limassol District Court earlier this week.
Three female suspects, believed to be Nigerian nationals, were appeared at the scene. They appeared in court on Monday, November 10, where they were detained for eight days on suspicion of premeditated m8rder and conspiracy to commit a felony.
Two additional persons, a couple from Nigeria, were arrested on Tuesday, November 11.
The suspects, aged 30 and 31, who were allegedly present during the incident, used force against the victim, and allegedly fled the scene taking the victim’s mobile phone.
The newly arrested pair were detained separately—the man in Nicosia and the woman in Limassol—and are expected to appear before the Limassol District Court later today for a remand hearing.
Police say new witness statements are reinforcing suspicions that the k!lling was premeditated.
According to reports, neighbors heard loud arguments in the hours before the woman’s d3ath, details that match what forensic experts found at the scene.
Police confirmed the suspects are asylum seekers, with one application already rejected and the others still pending.
During the on-site autopsy, investigators discovered multiple signs of physical abuse, prompting authorities to immediately treat the case as a homicide. Evidence collected from the scene is now being analyzed to help determine the motive and exact circumstances surrounding Thompson’s d3ath.
According to the suspects’ statements to police, the victim was in an “out of control” state—potentially due to drug use—when they returned to the flat around 05:00.
They claimed the victim started attacking them and they used force to restrain her, resulting in her fatal injury.
The second female suspect admitted in a written statement to police that she took a broomstick and hit the victim, even after she had fallen.
A large number of items were collected as evidence, including the broken broomstick, all of which were sent for forensic examination.
The CID continues to take statements as part of the ongoing investigation.
The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 29-year-old man, Abubakar Musa, over alleged ritual desecration of the Holy Qur’an in Zuru Local Government Area of the state.
The spokesperson for the command, SP Bashir Usman, who disclosed this in a statement on 14th August 2026, said the suspect was arrested in connection with alleged criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance.
According to the PPRO, on August 9, 2026, Musa and two other suspects, Rabi’u Tela and Hamza Zango, allegedly dug a pit and buried a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, d3ad animals, and other fetish items.
The police spokesperson said the act was allegedly intended to make Rabi’u Tela’s wife Zarau Hassan more submissive to him.
“The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested Abubakar Musa, male, 29, of Rafin Mose Village, Zuru LGA, in connection with a case of criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance,” the statement read.
“The incident occurred on 9th August 2026, at about 1900hrs, at Zango Area, Zuru. Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly conspired with two others; Rabi’u Tela, husband of Zarau Hassan, and Hamza Zango, both now at large, to dig a pit inside Zarau Hassan’s room and bury therein a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, dead animals, and other fetish items.
“The act was allegedly intended to make Zarau Hassan more submissive to her husband, Rabi’u Tela, and was carried out in circumstances capable of provoking a breach of the peace among the Muslim faithful in the community.
“Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the two fleeing suspects, while Abubakar Musa remains in police custody and will be charged to court upon conclusion of investigation.
“The Commissioner of Police, CP Umar M. Hadejia, psc, MNIM, strongly condemns the alleged act and warns that the Command will deal decisively, within the law, with individuals whose actions threaten religious harmony, public order, and peaceful coexistence.
“Members of the public are urged to promptly report suspicious activities to the Police through 09039911876 or 07081074395. All information will be treated with utmost confidentiality.”
Gunmen have abducted 14 passengers travelling along the Otukpo–Adoka road in Benue State.
The incident occurred on Thursday night, August 13, 2026 when an 18-seater commercial bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja was reportedly ambushed along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area.
A resident, Ochai, who spoke with punch on Friday, said the gunmen forced all the passengers into the surrounding forest.
“Some gunmen ambushed an 18-seater bus heading to Abuja between Omutele and Ankpechi along Otukpo -Adola road yesterday (Thursday) night. All the passengers in the vehicle were whisked away by the gunmen,” he said.
The spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, DSP Peter Aondongu, who confirmed the incident in a statement said five of the victims have so far been rescued.
According to the PPRO, the police launched a coordinated rescue operation early Friday.
Aondongu said the operation involved an exchange of gunfire between the security operatives and the kidnappers.
“The Benue State Police Command has confirmed a kidnapping incident involving a commercial passenger bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area on the night of 13 August 2026,” the statement read
“Following the incident, operatives of the command commenced a coordinated rescue operation early this (Friday) morning. The operation, which involved an exchange of gunfire, has so far resulted in the successful rescue of five victims, including a four-year-old boy, while nine others remain in the custody of the suspected kidnappers.”
The police spokesperson disclosed that one of the rescued victims sustained a gunshot injury during the operation and was taken to a medical facility in Otukpo for treatment.
He said the police, working with other security agencies, had intensified efforts to secure the release of the remaining nine victims.
According to Aondongu, the operation was being conducted cautiously, with the safety of the abducted passengers prioritised.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Cletus Nwadiogbu, also assured the victims’ families and members of the public that efforts would continue until the remaining passengers were rescued.
He urged residents of the affected communities to remain vigilant and provide security agencies with credible information that could aid the rescue operation.