Connect with us

Politics

Tinubu will win 2027 with 15m votes—Ex-APC aspirant

Published

on

A former presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress, Nicolas Felix, has dismissed the newly formed opposition coalition under the African Democratic Congress as no threat to President Bola Tinubu’s 2027 re-election bid.

Speaking in Suleja on Thursday during the distribution of thousands of litres of fuel to Nigerians, Felix expressed confidence that Tinubu would win the 2027 presidential election with no less than 15 million votes.

On July 1st, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Labour Party’s 2023 presidential candidate Peter Obi, APC’s 2023 presidential aspirant Rotimi Amaechi, and other opposition figures launched the ADC as a unified opposition platform to challenge President Tinubu in the 2027 election.

Reacting, Felix maintained that while there’s nothing wrong with opposition leaders forming a coalition, he believes they will eventually fall apart just as easily as they came together.

He said, “In a democracy, you must have opposition. We are not threatened. They are out there campaigning. So far, we have not heard anything they want to do anyway.

“So for us as a party, I don’t see any threat here. There is no threat in this coalition. We want them to coalesce. Like I said the other day, they will gather, but they will scatter because they have nothing to offer. Their intention is not pure. Their motive is not pure.

“As far as we are concerned and the APC, come 2027, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is going to have nothing less than 15 million votes. We know that is going to happen. So there is no threat from the ADC or whatever coalition. Let them come. When the time comes for campaigns, we are going to roll out the scorecard of Mr President.

See also  Akpabio reveals why female politicians have difficulty winning elections

“Didn’t you watch on TV this morning students on campuses singing, celebrating with joy, who just received the NELFund grant, over N100 billion, with no interest, by the way. I lived in America for 21 years; I had never heard that happen. Over N100 billion given to 600,000 students. So these 600,000 students, they will vote. Their families will vote because they know what it takes to go to school. So we are excited, and we know come 2027, it is going to be a walkover for us.”

He stated that his decision to regularly distribute free fuel to Nigerians is his way of supporting the president’s Renewed Hope Agenda.

The ex-presidential aspirant stated, “We are giving out free fuel to the community. As you know, this is our Renewed Hope season. We are just doing this to put smiles on the faces of the people.

“There is no other motivation, but we just want to give back to the community. We did this in 2023 in Edo State, and we did it here also, and we decided to come back here to make the people happy. As you can see, they are all smiling. We are giving them hope.

“This outreach is for everybody, but we know those who need it more. So, I am even more excited seeing the Okada riders because we believe, you know, I would be surprised if I see a G-Waggon here coming to take free fuel. This is more for the Okada and Keke riders. So anybody that comes, we will be able to, you know, just put smiles on their face. We are just giving back. That is what it is all about.”

See also  Govs battle Wike as PDP factions jostle for control

Also speaking, APC Deputy National Women Leader Zainab Ibrahim stated that the party is pushing for sthe wift passage of the Special Seats Bill currently before the National Assembly, calling it a potential game changer for women in Nigeria.

She noted that, for the first time, the Ministry of Women Affairs has received over ₦100 billion in budgetary allocation to pursue its key goals and assured that Nigerian women will stand firmly behind the president in 2027.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Lamido gives PDP 10-day ultimatum, demands caretaker committee to end crisis

Published

on

Former Governor of Jigawa State, Alhaji Sule Lamido, has issued a 10-day ultimatum to the Peoples Democratic Party to resolve its internal crisis, calling for the dissolution of the recent Ibadan elective convention and the immediate formation of a national caretaker committee.

Lamido made the call on Thursday while addressing his supporters—including former local government chairmen, ex-commissioners, and other political appointees—who paid him a solidarity visit at his Sharada office in Kano.

He expressed concern over the lingering crisis within the party, stating that long-time stakeholders like himself have been sidelined by “new forces” within the PDP.

“The current turmoil in the party is partly linked to efforts to undermine my political relevance,” Lamido said.

He insisted that his legal actions were not aimed at forcing himself into party leadership, but rather to protect the PDP’s legacy and defend his fundamental rights, which he said had been violated.

He stressed that, as things stand, Umar Damagum and Samuel Anyanwu remain the legitimate leaders of the party until their tenure expires on December 8, 2025.

He warned that allowing the party to continue without clear leadership structures could jeopardise the future of aspirants, serving officeholders, and those planning to recontest positions.

“I am pushing for a caretaker committee. I am calling on Wike, Damagum, and others to forgive one another and support the formation of a unified caretaker body,” Lamido said.

The former governor urged PDP leaders to convene a joint meeting to honestly address the party’s challenges and restore it to its rightful place in national politics.

See also  Peter Obi charges new INEC chairman, Amupitan on credible guber poll in Anambra

He also appealed to his supporters to remain calm and patient until December 8 to see how events unfold.

PUNCH Online reports that the PDP has been embroiled in a leadership crisis.

The friction intensified after a faction led by the Acting National Chairman, Umar Damagum, pushed forward with convention preparations despite a ruling by a Federal High Court in Abuja restraining the party from proceeding.

At the same time, another court decision — by an Oyo State High Court — granted the PDP clearance to go ahead with the convention, creating conflicting legal directives and deepening the confusion.

The internal strife further worsened when members of a rival faction, aligned with Nyesom Wike and some national working committee officials, announced a boycott of the Ibadan convention, declaring it illegal and unconstitutional.

Several state chapters — including that of Rivers State — publicly rejected the convention and refused to partake, citing breakdowns in communication and disregard for due process.

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Politics

Alia dismisses rumoured ADC defection plan

Published

on

Benue State Governor, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia, has reaffirmed his commitment to the All Progressives Congress, dismissing reports alleging that he plans to defect to the African Democratic Congress.

The governor was reacting to a social media claim accusing him of secretly visiting former Senate President in the aborted Third Republic, Senator Iyorchia Ayu, to perfect a defection plan.

Ayu, a former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, was removed after the party’s 2023 presidential primary crisis.

In a statement issued on Wednesday by his Chief Press Secretary, Kula Terso, Alia described the report as “laughable, wicked, mischievous, and a vicious smear campaign” aimed at distracting him from governance and misleading the Presidency for selfish political motives.

The statement was titled “Mischievous fake story on Governor Alia’s alleged defection to ADC.”

The governor explained that his recent visits to respected Benue elders, including Senator Ayu, had no political or religious undertone but reflected his administration’s inclusive approach.

He listed other prominent figures he had met—among them Senator Prof. David Iornem, Elder David Iorwashima Amo, and Ambassador Terhemen Tarzoor—as part of efforts to woo more stakeholders into the APC.

“Opposition structures across Benue State are collapsing daily into the APC,” the statement added, noting that defection ceremonies were taking place in virtually all local government areas, with influential figures joining the ruling party in large numbers.

Alia restated his resolve to build a united and dominant APC in the state, saying he was prepared to engage even “the fiercest political opponents” as part of a broader consolidation strategy ahead of 2027 for both his administration and President Bola Tinubu.

See also  Diri joins APC today, cites Bayelsa’s interest

He urged the public to disregard the rumour, warning that it was intended to sow confusion and undermine the party’s growing strength.

Governor Alia and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, George Akume, have been locked in a protracted battle for control of the Benue APC, resulting in deep factionalisation.

A recent impeachment plot against Alia was foiled, leading to the removal and suspension of the Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly, Hyacinth Dajoh.

Alia’s administration recently demolished a part of the campaign office of President Bola Tinubu in Makurdi, Benue State.

The building, which also serves as the state secretariat of the Ahmed Bola Tinubu Support Group, had its perimeter fence pulled down during the operation carried out by the Benue State Urban Development Board.

Alia also recently stirred controversy after declaring that there is no Christian genocide in Benue State, a position that put him at odds with the Catholic Church in the state.

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Politics

Wike bloc asks court to nullify PDP convention

Published

on

The faction of the  Peoples Democratic Party aligned with the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory  has approached the Federal High Court in Abuja, seeking an order nullifying the party’s convention held in Ibadan, Oyo State on November 15 and 16 by the faction aligned with the Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde.

The suit marked, FHC/ABJ/CS/250/2025, has as plaintiffs  the PDP, its Acting National Chairman, Mohammed Abdulrahman, and National Secretary, Samuel Anyanwu.

They are asking the court to declare the convention and all resolutions “null, void and of no effect.”

They want the court to restrain the Independent National Electoral Commission from recognising the convention.

The move follows earlier legal actions by aggrieved PDP members who argued that proceeding with the convention violated the party’s internal rules, the Electoral Act, and other statutory provisions.

Previous complainants include Imo PDP Chairman Austin Nwachukwu, Abia PDP Chairman Amah Abraham Nnanna, and South-South PDP Secretary Turnah Alabh George.

On October 31, 2025, Justice James Omotosho of the Federal High Court in Abuja restrained INEC from recognising the convention.

In a separate suit, former Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido successfully challenged his exclusion from purchasing a nomination form to contest for national chairman, with Justice Peter Lifu ordering that the convention should not proceed unless he was allowed to obtain the form.

In contrast, Justice A. L. Akintola of the Oyo State High Court, Ibadan, issued an interim order permitting the PDP to hold the convention as scheduled.

Despite the conflicting rulings, the party went ahead with the Ibadan event under heavy security, during which Anyanwu, Wike, former Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose, and eight others were expelled.

See also  Edo PDP unprepared for by-elections — APC

In the new suit dated November 21, the plaintiffs listed 18 defendants, including INEC, the Inspector-General of Police, the FCT Commissioner of Police, the State Security Service, and several PDP officials.

They allege the convention was conducted “in flagrant disregard” of three subsisting Federal High Court orders and seek to prevent recognition of the new officers, restore access to party offices at Wadata Plaza and Legacy House, and compel security agencies to enforce the earlier judgments.

The plaintiffs also request judicial determination on whether any authority can lawfully recognise the Ibadan convention in light of the Constitution, the Electoral Act, and the PDP constitution.

The suit has not yet been assigned to a judge, and no hearing date has been fixed.

Continue Reading

Trending