Connect with us

Politics

Rep urges Atiku, Obi to step down for Tinubu ahead of 2027

Published

on

Member representing Agege Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Dr Wale Ahmed, has told critics of President Bola Tinubu to shelve any plans of challenging him in the 2027 election, insisting that a second term for the President is guaranteed.

This comes despite opposition parties – including the Peoples Democratic Party, African Democratic Congress, Labour Party and New Nigeria Peoples Party vowing to unseat Tinubu in the next general election.

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, ex-Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi, and the ADC coalition led by former Senate President David Mark have been at the forefront of criticising the Tinubu administration.

Speaking at a stakeholders’ briefing held at the Agege Local Government Secretariat, Ahmed argued that since late President Muhammadu Buhari –from the North- was allowed to complete two terms, it was fair that Tinubu, from the South, completes two terms too.

He also held that the President’s bold reforms and foreign engagements had earned Nigeria international respect and laid the foundation for long-term economic recovery.

Ahmed said, “All his opponents should rest and allow him to have a second term. All opposition should simply rally round and support Tinubu.

“Late President Muhammadu Buhari, from the North, served two terms, so Tinubu should also have his second term. By God’s grace, his second term is assured. I will mobilise my constituents to ensure Tinubu is returned for another term.”

The lawmaker defended the controversial fuel subsidy removal, saying the decision reflected Tinubu’s courage and long-term vision for the country.

See also  2027: Kwankwaso supporters propose Obi-Kwankwaso presidential ticket

He argued that the “financial re-engineering” of the economy was already manifesting in the growth of foreign reserves to over $40bn, improved foreign direct investment inflows, a reduction in inflation, and disbursement of N90bn in student loans.

Ahmed also highlighted infrastructural projects such as the Lagos–Calabar Coastal Highway, Sokoto–Badagry superhighway and the Abuja–Kano dual carriageway rehabilitation as proof of the administration’s commitment to development.

“Tinubu’s foreign trips are yielding Nigeria respect abroad. The Sokoto–Badagry expressway had been on paper for 40 years until this administration took up the project. It will open up villages and benefit people across different states,” he said.

On his stewardship, Ahmed mentioned constituency projects, including youth and women empowerment programmes, installation of boreholes and streetlights, food palliatives, medical outreaches, classroom construction, skill acquisition schemes and scholarships.

The event was attended by Agege Local Government Chairman, Abdulganiyu Obasa; his Orile Agege counterpart, Abiodun Idowu; traditional rulers, market leaders and community representatives, who commended Ahmed for delivering dividends of democracy to the constituency.

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

VIDEO: #OSUNDECIDES2026! Angry Youths Storm INEC Office, Chant “Fadahunsi Ole”

Published

on

Some Osun youths gathered at the headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in Osogbo, Saturday night, to monitor the collation of results from the governorship election.

 

In a video from the scene, the youths could be heard chanting “Fadahunsi ole, your plans will not work”.

The senator representing Osun East, Francis Fadahunsi, had earlier been captured in another video during the election, where he was seen confronting and allegedly threatening voters at his polling unit in the presence of a police officer.

The chant came as the collation of results from the election continued at the INEC headquarters.

Watch video below..

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  VIDEO: Enugu Governor, Peter Mbah Joins APC
Continue Reading

Politics

Osun Election: EU Observer Hub Uncovers 323 Electoral Offences, 38 Security Incidents

Published

on

The European Union (EU) Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria Election Observation Hub (EU-SDGN EOH) has claimed that there were over 38 reported security incidents and 323 electoral offences and irregularities in the Osun 2026 election.

Naija News reports that the Union, which comprises the Centre for Media and Society (CEMESO), the International Press Centre (IPC), the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF), TAF Africa, The Kukah Centre (TKC) and Yiaga Africa, made the claim in a statement on Saturday.

The hub asserted that the 726 polling units monitored were disrupted by violent acts and irregularities.

They disclosed that they had deployed 823 accredited observers across polling units in all 30 local government areas to monitor the election.

The statement read, “Of 2,339,233 registered voters, 1,906,390, representing 81.50 per cent, had collected their Permanent Voters Cards and were eligible to vote.”

Speaking on the security incidents, the Union stated that there were 25 cases of thuggery, 12 attacks on electoral officials and 9 cases of voter intimidation by security personnel.

The hub said, “It separately recorded 323 cases of electoral offences across the polling units observed, including 103 cases of vote trading, 85 cases of exposure of ballot papers, 31 cases of obstruction of voters, 38 cases of campaigning at polling units, 28 cases of inducement of polling and security officials, 14 cases of voter impersonation, 12 cases of multiple voting and 7 cases of misconduct by election officials.”

The Hub also identified specific cases of voter intimidation by security agents at PU 29-10-10-005, Igbon District Council School, Ejigbo, and PU 29-30-06-015, opposite No. 22 Oke Ola Street, Okanla Area, Osogbo.

See also  Makinde signs executive order regulating vigilante, security groups

“During the accreditation process, 608 of 726 observed polling units, or 83.7 per cent, had polling officials with a full complement of both sensitive and non-sensitive materials between 7:30am and 8:00 am. A further 75 polling units opened between 8:00am and 8:30am, and 42 between 8:30 am and 11:00am, while one polling unit remained unopened as of 11:00am due to the non-arrival of personnel and materials,” the statement read.

Source: naijanews.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Politics

Osun Poll: Full List Of LGAs Won By Adeleke

Published

on

The Governor of Osun State and candidate of the Accord Party (A), Ademola Adeleke, has been officially declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the winner of the 2026 governorship election.

Naija News had earlier reported that Adeleke, who contested against the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Oyebamiji and several other candidates, had a total of 511,067 votes while Oyebamiji gathered 444,815 votes, a difference of 66,256 votes.

Adeleke won 19 local government areas, while his closest rival, Oyebamiji, won 11.

Here are the local government areas won by Adeleke:

Ede North: Adeleke — 35,427; APC — 10,283

Osogbo: Adeleke — 36,480; APC — 30,474

Ede South: Adeleke — 26,188; APC — 6,219

Iwo: Adeleke — 27,085; APC — 19,660

Ife East: Adeleke — 27,201; APC — 18,600

Ife Central: Adeleke — 21,171; APC — 15,913

Ifelodun: Adeleke — 21,107; APC — 18,396

Oriade: Adeleke — 21,343; APC — 14,863

Egbedore: Adeleke — 19,278; APC — 11,194

Odo Otin: Adeleke — 18,003; APC — 15,435

Ilesa West: Adeleke — 16,196; APC — 12,756

Ila: Adeleke — 16,211; APC — 12,934

Ayedaade: Adeleke — 16,681; APC — 15,719

Ife North: Adeleke — 13,879; APC — 9,613

Orolu: Adeleke — 12,352; APC — 10,622

Boluwaduro: Adeleke — 7,118; APC — 7,050

Ayedire: Adeleke — 11,073; APC — 9,910

Ejigbo Local Government Area and Ifedayo

Meanwhile, the European Union (EU) Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria Election Observation Hub (EU-SDGN EOH) has claimed that there were over 38 reported security incidents and 323 electoral offences and irregularities in the Osun 2026 election.

See also  Rivers APC rejects Fubara’s impeachment

Naija News reports that the Union, which comprises the Centre for Media and Society (CEMESO), the International Press Centre (IPC), the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF), TAF Africa, The Kukah Centre (TKC) and Yiaga Africa, made the claim in a statement on Saturday.

The hub asserted that violent acts and irregularities disrupted the 726 polling units monitored.

Source: naijanews.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending