A 27-year-old man, Chukwuebuka Eweni, has been taken into custody by New Orleans police after reportedly stabbing his father to death and injuring his two sisters in a domestic attack on Pebble Street.
Family members told a local outlet, WWL Louisiana that the deceased, Samuel Eweni, was a computer sciences professor at Southern University at New Orleans.
They also confirmed that the two injured victims were his daughters.
Relatives described the incident as sudden and shocking, saying the suspect had a history of mental illness but had never been violent before.
WWL Louisiana reports that one of the injured sisters has been released from hospital, while the other remains admitted but is expected to recover.
The New Orleans Police Department also confirmed in a statement obtained Online on Sunday that Eweni had been located in Jefferson Parish.
“Chukwuebuka Eweni has been located in Jefferson Parish.
“He is currently in law enforcement custody while undergoing medical evaluation at an area facility,” the police said in a statement.
NOPD provided details of the incident, which occurred around 9:59 pm on November 11, 2025.
“The NOPD has obtained an arrest warrant for Chukwuebuka Eweni in its investigation of a homicide that occurred on the evening of November 11, 2025, in the 8000 block of Pebble Street that also left two additional victims injured,” the statement partly read.
It was stated that officers responded to a call reporting “an aggravated battery by cutting believed to be domestic in nature.
“Upon arrival, officers located inside of a residence an unresponsive adult male subject who had sustained at least one fatal stab wound and two other adult victims with stab wounds.”
The two surviving victims were immediately transported to a local hospital for treatment.
NOPD detectives confirmed the suspect’s identification and legal charges.
“Through investigation, NOPD Homicide Section detectives have developed and positively identified Eweni as the perpetrator in this incident and have obtained an arrest warrant on one count of second-degree murder and two counts of attempted second-degree murder.
“This suspect is believed to be armed and dangerous,” the statement said.
The department also noted that the Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office will identify the deceased victim and official cause of death upon completion of autopsy and notification of next of kin.
The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 29-year-old man, Abubakar Musa, over alleged ritual desecration of the Holy Qur’an in Zuru Local Government Area of the state.
The spokesperson for the command, SP Bashir Usman, who disclosed this in a statement on 14th August 2026, said the suspect was arrested in connection with alleged criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance.
According to the PPRO, on August 9, 2026, Musa and two other suspects, Rabi’u Tela and Hamza Zango, allegedly dug a pit and buried a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, d3ad animals, and other fetish items.
The police spokesperson said the act was allegedly intended to make Rabi’u Tela’s wife Zarau Hassan more submissive to him.
“The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested Abubakar Musa, male, 29, of Rafin Mose Village, Zuru LGA, in connection with a case of criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance,” the statement read.
“The incident occurred on 9th August 2026, at about 1900hrs, at Zango Area, Zuru. Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly conspired with two others; Rabi’u Tela, husband of Zarau Hassan, and Hamza Zango, both now at large, to dig a pit inside Zarau Hassan’s room and bury therein a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, dead animals, and other fetish items.
“The act was allegedly intended to make Zarau Hassan more submissive to her husband, Rabi’u Tela, and was carried out in circumstances capable of provoking a breach of the peace among the Muslim faithful in the community.
“Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the two fleeing suspects, while Abubakar Musa remains in police custody and will be charged to court upon conclusion of investigation.
“The Commissioner of Police, CP Umar M. Hadejia, psc, MNIM, strongly condemns the alleged act and warns that the Command will deal decisively, within the law, with individuals whose actions threaten religious harmony, public order, and peaceful coexistence.
“Members of the public are urged to promptly report suspicious activities to the Police through 09039911876 or 07081074395. All information will be treated with utmost confidentiality.”
Gunmen have abducted 14 passengers travelling along the Otukpo–Adoka road in Benue State.
The incident occurred on Thursday night, August 13, 2026 when an 18-seater commercial bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja was reportedly ambushed along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area.
A resident, Ochai, who spoke with punch on Friday, said the gunmen forced all the passengers into the surrounding forest.
“Some gunmen ambushed an 18-seater bus heading to Abuja between Omutele and Ankpechi along Otukpo -Adola road yesterday (Thursday) night. All the passengers in the vehicle were whisked away by the gunmen,” he said.
The spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, DSP Peter Aondongu, who confirmed the incident in a statement said five of the victims have so far been rescued.
According to the PPRO, the police launched a coordinated rescue operation early Friday.
Aondongu said the operation involved an exchange of gunfire between the security operatives and the kidnappers.
“The Benue State Police Command has confirmed a kidnapping incident involving a commercial passenger bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area on the night of 13 August 2026,” the statement read
“Following the incident, operatives of the command commenced a coordinated rescue operation early this (Friday) morning. The operation, which involved an exchange of gunfire, has so far resulted in the successful rescue of five victims, including a four-year-old boy, while nine others remain in the custody of the suspected kidnappers.”
The police spokesperson disclosed that one of the rescued victims sustained a gunshot injury during the operation and was taken to a medical facility in Otukpo for treatment.
He said the police, working with other security agencies, had intensified efforts to secure the release of the remaining nine victims.
According to Aondongu, the operation was being conducted cautiously, with the safety of the abducted passengers prioritised.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Cletus Nwadiogbu, also assured the victims’ families and members of the public that efforts would continue until the remaining passengers were rescued.
He urged residents of the affected communities to remain vigilant and provide security agencies with credible information that could aid the rescue operation.