Connect with us

News

Singer Mayerly Diaz, 32, d!es after suffering heart attack after cosmetic surgery

Published

on

Singer Mayerly Díaz, 32, has d!ed of a sudden heart attack following a cosmetic procedure.

Mother-of-two Díaz suffered a medical emergency. Reports suggest the cardiac arrest may have been linked to severe complications from the cosmetic procedure.

She had recently undergone the procedure at a clinic in Bogotá, Colombia, in the early hours of Saturday, Nov. 22.

Mayerly, whose music spanned both pop and local folk genres, d!ed while being treated at a hospital in Facatativá after complications arose.

She was originally from La Sierra, in the Quipile municipality, and leaves behind two children, aged 11 and 13.

Dubbed locally “The Voice of Quipile”, her musical journey began at just 14. Her rendition of No supiste perder – You Didn’t Know How to Lose – has 58,000 views on YouTube. Her music video for Con tus chiros a otra parte – Take Your Cash Somewhere Else – was released only last week.

Her manager and close friend, Néstor, said: “Her voice and passion for music represented all our people. We will remember her for her humility and the joy she brought in every song.”

The specific cosmetic procedure she underwent has not been widely disclosed. The news of her de@th has been shared by local media, El Tiempo, who claim there will be an “immediate and rigorous investigation” into her de@th.

Mayerly’s cousin, Leidy Díaz, took to social media, issuing a heartfelt tribute, saying: “I still can’t believe it, my dear cousin. We grew up together, we fought together since we were little. You’ve left my heart in a thousand pieces, you’ve taken my soul with you, I will love you forever and as I always told you.

See also  PICTURES: Trump meets Xi at Beijing summit as trade, Iran tensions, others rise

“I was so proud of you.’ I will love you forever.”

Meanwhile, one friend said: “Great friend and colleague, we’re going to miss you. It’s not a goodbye, it’s see you soon. God have you in his holy glory. We carry you in the heart with respect and admiration.”

The Mayor’s Office of Quipile also released a statement, saying: “We deeply regret the passing of Mayerly Díaz. The administration led by Mayor Efraín Medina Valero expresses its most sincere condolences and solidarity to her family, friends, and loved ones.

“In these moments of sorrow, we offer our prayers to God for her eternal rest and send a message of hope and strength. May she rest in peace.”

An organisation Mayerly had a close working relationship with said: “A deep sadness grips the municipality of Quipile and the Cundinamarca region following the untimely passing of regional popular music singer Mayerly Díaz, known as the voice of Quipile, who d!ed at the age of 32 in the early hours of Saturday, November 22.”

Fans have also taken to social media to pay tribute.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Defence Headquarters Social Media Account Hacked

Published

on

The official social media page of the Defence Headquarters (DHQ), 𝕏 to be precise, has been attacked by suspected hackers.

Naija News reports that the DHQ confirmed the development in a statement made public on Saturday, August 15, by the Director of Defence Information, Maj. General Samaila Uba.

He said the body has hence treated the incident as a cybersecurity matter, with technical measures activated to secure the account.

“The Defence Headquarters wishes to inform members of the public, the media and all stakeholders that it has detected an attempted unauthorised compromise of its official X (formerly Twitter) account.

“The incident is currently being treated as a cybersecurity matter, and appropriate technical measures have been activated to secure the account and prevent further unauthorised access,” the statement noted.

The DHQ urged members of the public to disregard any publication from the account at the moment while ensuring that efforts were ongoing to fully restore control of the official account.

“The Defence Headquarters assures the public that efforts are ongoing to fully restore control of the official account.

“Consequently, members of the public are advised to disregard any suspicious, unauthorised or misleading content that may be posted from the account during this period,” he said.

Uba stressed the DHQ’s committment to maintaining high standards of information security and ensuring that Nigerians continued to receive accurate, timely and credible information on the activities and operations of the Armed Forces of Nigeria.

“We appreciate the understanding and vigilance of the public and will provide further updates as necessary,” he said.

See also  Protest in Kaduna over Dangote–PENGASSAN face-off

He further urged Nigerians to henceforth check its verified accounts on other platforms, including Facebook under the name “Defence Headquarters Nigeria,” Instagram at @defenceheadquarters and its WhatsApp Channel, Defence Headquarters Nigeria for reliable information.

Source: naijanews.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Seven workers killed, 19 rescued in India tunnel accident

Published

on

At least seven workers were killed and 13 injured following a landslide that sent water and debris gushing into a tunnel under construction in north India, officials said Friday.

The incident occurred late Thursday in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand, where workers were constructing a tunnel for a state-run hydropower project.

At least three workers are still missing, while 19 were rescued from the Tehri Hydro Development Corporation site, the State Disaster Management Authority said in a statement.

Videos shared by local authorities showed rescue workers equipped with head-mounted torches using makeshift rafts to reach the flooded section of the tunnel.

Uttarakhand has been battered by heavy monsoon rains in recent days.

Accidents on large construction sites are common in India, but ecologists say excessive development projects have led to more disasters in the fragile Himalayan areas.

Last month, 20 people working in a tunnel for another state-run hydroelectric project were killed in the remote northeastern state of Sikkim.

In 2023, 41 workers were rescued after being trapped for 17 days inside a tunnel that collapsed in Uttarakhand.

Hundreds of people have been killed in floods and landslides across the country since the start of the annual monsoon season in June.

Experts say climate change, coupled with poorly planned development, is increasing the frequency, severity, and impact of the disasters.

AFP

Source: punchng.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  PHOTOS: Singer Toluwanisings, crew members survive ghastly car accident
Continue Reading

News

RATTAWU honours DSS DG for strategic intelligence, national security

Published

on

The Radio, Television, Theatre and Arts Workers Union has honoured the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Mr Oluwatosin Ajayi, with the ‘Golden Era Pillar of Critical and Strategic Intelligence for National Development Award’, as part of activities marking its 50th anniversary

RATTAWU conferred the award on Ajayi on Thursday at his office, when the National President of the group, Emeka Kalu, led members to a media/security-critical engagement and strategic partnership meeting for national development in Abuja.

Kalu praised the appointment of Ajayi in 2024 by President Bola Tinubu, describing it as putting “a round peg in a round hole.”

He added that the award was an initiative of the union designed to recognise individuals and institutions that had made outstanding contributions to national development, security, democracy, culture and the growth of Nigeria.

He said, “Your appointment by Mr President demonstrates the importance of placing capable Nigerians with integrity and professional competence in strategic positions of national responsibility.

“The role of the DSS in protecting Nigeria’s national interests, gathering critical intelligence and supporting national security cannot be overemphasised.

“Particularly now that this country is confronted with complex security and emerging technological challenges, appointments like yours are the best ever done by Mr President.

“That is why this union decided to honour you with the Golden Era Pillar of Critical and Strategic Intelligence for National Development Award.”

Responding, the DSS Director-General, Oluwatosin Ajayi, expressed appreciation to the leadership of RATTAWU for the honour.

Ajayi described the recognition as a significant gesture that would further encourage him and the service to remain committed to their responsibilities to the nation.

See also  PHOTOS: Singer Toluwanisings, crew members survive ghastly car accident

Source: punchng.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending