Connect with us

Politics

Ekiti 2026: Oluyede Resists Move To Stop His Participation

Published

on

The Ekiti State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate for June 20, 2026 governorship election, Dr Wole Oluyede, has vowed to resist any attempt to stop him and the party from participating in the poll.

Oluyede, who faulted Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for failing to add his name and the PDP in its recently released list of political parties governorship candidates, said such amount to an attempt to preclude him and his party from contesting the election.

The Australian-based medical doctor spoke in Ikere Ekiti country on Thursday while reacting to his exclusion from the list of 12 parties governorship candidates released by INEC earlier in the week.

He wondered why his name and that of his party was not included in the list by the electoral body whose officials monitored and okayed the November 8, 2025 Ekiti PDP governorship primary election where he emerged the party’s governorship candidate.

Addressing newsmen on the matter, Oluyede said “It has been drawn to my attention that, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) released a list of political parties candidates, for the 2026 governorship election in Ekiti State and my name was excluded, as the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) candidate.

“That came as a surprise to me , in the sense that the process that led to my emergence as a candidate of the PDP was witnessed by the INEC officials. They supervised the primary election and wrote reports to that effect. And in actual fact, there have been suits against the election in which they came to swear an affidavit that I was the candidate of the party.

See also  Atiku Signs $1.2 Million Lobbying Deal With U.S Firm For 2027

“So, I am not aware of any reason that should preclude me from the election. As far as I know, there is no court injunction or orders that should preclude me from that list and I don’t think that INEC is in a position to determine who should be the nominee of a party. They have not been doing that before , so I don’t know why this is happening and I don’t think it is in the purview or duty of INEC to do that”.

Noting that he is aware of a political party that actually disenfranchises members of the party , he said, “that is sad, it is a tragedy. This is not going to be allowed to happen, I am not going to allow it, I will fight it with all that it requires”.

The PDP governorship candidate who disclosed that he still consulting on the step to take said, “My consultation will include even talking to INEC to ask questions, I am also consulting with the party structure and once I am advised on what to do, I will take action”

While urging his many supporters across the state to be calm he said, “I want to reassure you that I am going to be the next governor of the state which means I am going to be on the next ballot. I don’t want anybody to panic or get worried about this. I know that people would be playing games, I understand their games but it is a game of futility, it will not go anywhere”.

Oluyede advised those trying to preclude him and others from contesting election with them to have a rethink saying that is a bad game and it is not really the right thing to do.

See also  Wike accuses Amaechi, opposition of double standards over Electoral Act 

He said, “Elections are meant to give the people an opportunity to choose a government. If anybody wants to contest , he or she should contest based on the people’s choices, not by precluding others from contesting against them.

“If you are sure you have performed well or you have done well for the people or you have the ability to win , then you should have a confidence to go into the election, it is not right to disenfranchise people who want to express their will, if you do that under any condition it is called witchcraft and it is not allowed, it shouldn’t be done. And Ekiti people should actually go against this because it has been going on for too long”.

Oluyede said that the PDP is the largest party in Ekiti and that issues of why they lost elections in the past have been removed from the party.

“Those responsible have been removed from our party whether by themselves or by natural selection of goodness. We are a solid party standing together and we are ready to win the June 20 governorship election in the state. I want to assure you that everybody should keep their peace, keep their confidence that we will win the next election.”

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

VIDEO: #OSUNDECIDES2026! Angry Youths Storm INEC Office, Chant “Fadahunsi Ole”

Published

on

Some Osun youths gathered at the headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in Osogbo, Saturday night, to monitor the collation of results from the governorship election.

 

In a video from the scene, the youths could be heard chanting “Fadahunsi ole, your plans will not work”.

The senator representing Osun East, Francis Fadahunsi, had earlier been captured in another video during the election, where he was seen confronting and allegedly threatening voters at his polling unit in the presence of a police officer.

The chant came as the collation of results from the election continued at the INEC headquarters.

Watch video below..

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  Obasa downplays fifth term as Lagos legislator, hints at higher ambitions
Continue Reading

Politics

Osun Election: EU Observer Hub Uncovers 323 Electoral Offences, 38 Security Incidents

Published

on

The European Union (EU) Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria Election Observation Hub (EU-SDGN EOH) has claimed that there were over 38 reported security incidents and 323 electoral offences and irregularities in the Osun 2026 election.

Naija News reports that the Union, which comprises the Centre for Media and Society (CEMESO), the International Press Centre (IPC), the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF), TAF Africa, The Kukah Centre (TKC) and Yiaga Africa, made the claim in a statement on Saturday.

The hub asserted that the 726 polling units monitored were disrupted by violent acts and irregularities.

They disclosed that they had deployed 823 accredited observers across polling units in all 30 local government areas to monitor the election.

The statement read, “Of 2,339,233 registered voters, 1,906,390, representing 81.50 per cent, had collected their Permanent Voters Cards and were eligible to vote.”

Speaking on the security incidents, the Union stated that there were 25 cases of thuggery, 12 attacks on electoral officials and 9 cases of voter intimidation by security personnel.

The hub said, “It separately recorded 323 cases of electoral offences across the polling units observed, including 103 cases of vote trading, 85 cases of exposure of ballot papers, 31 cases of obstruction of voters, 38 cases of campaigning at polling units, 28 cases of inducement of polling and security officials, 14 cases of voter impersonation, 12 cases of multiple voting and 7 cases of misconduct by election officials.”

The Hub also identified specific cases of voter intimidation by security agents at PU 29-10-10-005, Igbon District Council School, Ejigbo, and PU 29-30-06-015, opposite No. 22 Oke Ola Street, Okanla Area, Osogbo.

See also  INEC under fire as ADC crisis worsens ahead of 2027

“During the accreditation process, 608 of 726 observed polling units, or 83.7 per cent, had polling officials with a full complement of both sensitive and non-sensitive materials between 7:30am and 8:00 am. A further 75 polling units opened between 8:00am and 8:30am, and 42 between 8:30 am and 11:00am, while one polling unit remained unopened as of 11:00am due to the non-arrival of personnel and materials,” the statement read.

Source: naijanews.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Politics

Osun Poll: Full List Of LGAs Won By Adeleke

Published

on

The Governor of Osun State and candidate of the Accord Party (A), Ademola Adeleke, has been officially declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the winner of the 2026 governorship election.

Naija News had earlier reported that Adeleke, who contested against the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Oyebamiji and several other candidates, had a total of 511,067 votes while Oyebamiji gathered 444,815 votes, a difference of 66,256 votes.

Adeleke won 19 local government areas, while his closest rival, Oyebamiji, won 11.

Here are the local government areas won by Adeleke:

Ede North: Adeleke — 35,427; APC — 10,283

Osogbo: Adeleke — 36,480; APC — 30,474

Ede South: Adeleke — 26,188; APC — 6,219

Iwo: Adeleke — 27,085; APC — 19,660

Ife East: Adeleke — 27,201; APC — 18,600

Ife Central: Adeleke — 21,171; APC — 15,913

Ifelodun: Adeleke — 21,107; APC — 18,396

Oriade: Adeleke — 21,343; APC — 14,863

Egbedore: Adeleke — 19,278; APC — 11,194

Odo Otin: Adeleke — 18,003; APC — 15,435

Ilesa West: Adeleke — 16,196; APC — 12,756

Ila: Adeleke — 16,211; APC — 12,934

Ayedaade: Adeleke — 16,681; APC — 15,719

Ife North: Adeleke — 13,879; APC — 9,613

Orolu: Adeleke — 12,352; APC — 10,622

Boluwaduro: Adeleke — 7,118; APC — 7,050

Ayedire: Adeleke — 11,073; APC — 9,910

Ejigbo Local Government Area and Ifedayo

Meanwhile, the European Union (EU) Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria Election Observation Hub (EU-SDGN EOH) has claimed that there were over 38 reported security incidents and 323 electoral offences and irregularities in the Osun 2026 election.

See also  Obasa downplays fifth term as Lagos legislator, hints at higher ambitions

Naija News reports that the Union, which comprises the Centre for Media and Society (CEMESO), the International Press Centre (IPC), the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF), TAF Africa, The Kukah Centre (TKC) and Yiaga Africa, made the claim in a statement on Saturday.

The hub asserted that violent acts and irregularities disrupted the 726 polling units monitored.

Source: naijanews.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending