Connect with us

Crime

PHOTOS: Nigerian man k!lled in Canada bus terminal shooting; police arrest suspect

Published

on

A 46-year-old Nigerian man, Osemwengie Irorere, was shot d3ad at a bus terminal in Toronto, Canada. Entertainment center

The shooting occurred at the Yorkdale GO Bus Terminal, located around Yorkdale Road and Allen Road on Sunday, January 4, 2026.

Officers located the suspect inside Yorkdale Mall shortly after the shooting and police said a firearm was recovered.

The suspect, Tyrel Gibson, a Toronto man, who has reportedly been running afoul of the law for decades, is charged with first-degree m8rder.

The Toronto Police in a news release on Wednesday, January 7, 2025 said officers responded to a report of a shooting at about 7 p.m.

“It is alleged that: the victim and suspect both boarded a GO bus at the terminal the suspect shot the victim on the bus before fleeing the area on foot,” police said. Nigerian Travel Packages

“Officers arrived and located the male victim suffering from a gunshot wound life-saving measures were performed, but the victim was pronounced deceased at the scene.

“The suspect was located and arrested by officers a short time later and a firearm was recovered.

“The victim has been identified as Osemwengie Irorere, 46, of Nigeria.

“Investigators had previously announced the arrest of Tyrel Gibson, 40, of Toronto. He has been charged with: First Degree M8rder.

“He was scheduled to appear in court at the Toronto Regional Bail Centre, 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Monday, January 5, 2026, at 9:30 a.m., in room 105. News subscription service

“This is Toronto’s 1st Homicide of 2026. Anyone with information is asked to contact the police.”

See also  PHOTOS: American Man Gets Life Jail For Murder Of Nigerian-Born Boxer

Toronto Sun reported that Tyrel Gibson has reportedly been convicted over the years of numerous offences, including attempted m8rder, assault, robbery, gun charges, breaking-and-entering and uttering threats.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Police arrest 10 suspected human parts sellers in Oyo

Published

on

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested 10 suspected human parts sellers.

The suspects were arrested in the Iseyin and Saki areas of the state.

Public Relations Officer of the command, Olayinka Ayanlade, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday.

Exhibits recovered from the suspects include one suspected human heart, human flesh, pieces of human skull and assorted charms.

The statement said the exhibits have been secured for forensic examination and further investigation.

The suspects were identified as Adam Ibrahim, Nasiru Kabiru, Tijani Wasiu, Abiola Nasiru, Amusa Gbadamosi, Raheem Taofeek, Jimoh Muritala, Suleiman Busari, Ganiyu Nurudeen and Usman Abdullahi.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  Ghanaian Prophet who built ark after predicting that the world will end on Christmas Day is remanded
Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Kebbi man arrested over alleged ritual desecration of Qur’an after burying it in pit with s€men to make woman more submissive to her husband

Published

on

The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 29-year-old man, Abubakar Musa, over alleged ritual desecration of the Holy Qur’an in Zuru Local Government Area of the state.

The spokesperson for the command, SP Bashir Usman, who disclosed this in a statement on 14th August 2026, said the suspect was arrested in connection with alleged criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance.

According to the PPRO, on August 9, 2026, Musa and two other suspects, Rabi’u Tela and Hamza Zango, allegedly dug a pit and buried a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, d3ad animals, and other fetish items.

The police spokesperson said the act was allegedly intended to make Rabi’u Tela’s wife Zarau Hassan more submissive to him.

“The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested Abubakar Musa, male, 29, of Rafin Mose Village, Zuru LGA, in connection with a case of criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance,” the statement read.

“The incident occurred on 9th August 2026, at about 1900hrs, at Zango Area, Zuru. Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly conspired with two others; Rabi’u Tela, husband of Zarau Hassan, and Hamza Zango, both now at large, to dig a pit inside Zarau Hassan’s room and bury therein a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, dead animals, and other fetish items.

“The act was allegedly intended to make Zarau Hassan more submissive to her husband, Rabi’u Tela, and was carried out in circumstances capable of provoking a breach of the peace among the Muslim faithful in the community.

See also  PHOTOS: One suspect arrested as police bust illegal factory producing toxic fake drinks in Anambra

“Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the two fleeing suspects, while Abubakar Musa remains in police custody and will be charged to court upon conclusion of investigation.

“The Commissioner of Police, CP Umar M. Hadejia, psc, MNIM, strongly condemns the alleged act and warns that the Command will deal decisively, within the law, with individuals whose actions threaten religious harmony, public order, and peaceful coexistence.

“Members of the public are urged to promptly report suspicious activities to the Police through 09039911876 or 07081074395. All information will be treated with utmost confidentiality.”

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Gunmen abduct 14 passengers in Benue

Published

on

Gunmen have abducted 14 passengers travelling along the Otukpo–Adoka road in Benue State.

The incident occurred on Thursday night, August 13, 2026 when an 18-seater commercial bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja was reportedly ambushed along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area.

A resident, Ochai, who spoke with punch on Friday, said the gunmen forced all the passengers into the surrounding forest.

“Some gunmen ambushed an 18-seater bus heading to Abuja between Omutele and Ankpechi along Otukpo -Adola road yesterday (Thursday) night. All the passengers in the vehicle were whisked away by the gunmen,” he said.

The spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, DSP Peter Aondongu, who confirmed the incident in a statement said five of the victims have so far been rescued.

According to the PPRO, the police launched a coordinated rescue operation early Friday.

Aondongu said the operation involved an exchange of gunfire between the security operatives and the kidnappers.

“The Benue State Police Command has confirmed a kidnapping incident involving a commercial passenger bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area on the night of 13 August 2026,” the statement read

“Following the incident, operatives of the command commenced a coordinated rescue operation early this (Friday) morning. The operation, which involved an exchange of gunfire, has so far resulted in the successful rescue of five victims, including a four-year-old boy, while nine others remain in the custody of the suspected kidnappers.”

The police spokesperson disclosed that one of the rescued victims sustained a gunshot injury during the operation and was taken to a medical facility in Otukpo for treatment.

See also  Bishop Onyeagoziri Arrested For Having S3x With Church Member

He said the police, working with other security agencies, had intensified efforts to secure the release of the remaining nine victims.

According to Aondongu, the operation was being conducted cautiously, with the safety of the abducted passengers prioritised.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Cletus Nwadiogbu, also assured the victims’ families and members of the public that efforts would continue until the remaining passengers were rescued.

He urged residents of the affected communities to remain vigilant and provide security agencies with credible information that could aid the rescue operation.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending