Connect with us

Lifestyle

We don’t want to see you in Edo, gov’s aide warns Davido

Published

on

The Senior Special Assistant on Digital Media to Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo, Apostle Kassy Chukwu, has said Davido should not expect to perform in the state for the remainder of the governor’s tenure, amid the ongoing dispute between the singer and the governor.

Chukwu made the declaration in a video shared on YouTube by Peniel TV International Benin City, Nigeria, on Thursday.

The aide’s comments followed Davido’s refusal to apologise for remarks he made about Okpebholo after the governor criticised Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, Davido’s uncle, during the build-up to the August 15 governorship election.

Davido had earlier shared what appeared to be Okpebholo’s WAEC result on his Instagram Story and later defended the post during an interview, saying he had no reason to apologise.

Apostle Kassy Chukwu. Photo credit: Web

Reacting, Chukwu said Davido had been banned from performing in Edo State for the remainder of Okpebholo’s administration.

“You have been banned from coming to Edo State to perform. We don’t want to see you in Edo again,” he said.

He accused Davido of making disrespectful remarks about the governor and his family, adding that the singer would not be welcome in the state for the remaining years of the administration.

Chukwu also claimed that some Edo youths were angry over Davido’s comments and warned that the singer could face a hostile reception if he returned to the state, including through the airport.

“Edo youths are angry. They said if they catch you again, nobody should bring Davido to come and perform in any place again in Edo State,” he said.

See also  This is "The Door Of No Return", Cape Coast, Ghana

The aide further criticised Davido’s earlier social media post concerning Okpebholo’s academic record, describing the document as allegedly manipulated and warning the singer against making similar posts.

The development comes amid a public disagreement between Davido and Okpebholo that began during the Osun governorship campaign.

Okpebholo had criticised Adeleke’s dancing and questioned his conduct as governor, prompting Davido to respond by sharing the alleged WAEC result.

Davido later said he would not apologise, arguing that he had only shown Osun residents the academic record of a governor who had travelled to the state to campaign against his uncle.

The singer also criticised Okpebholo for leaving Edo to participate in the Osun election and questioned his electoral mandate.

The latest remarks by the governor’s aide have generated reactions online, with the video circulating amid the continuing dispute between the singer and the Edo governor.

Source: punchng.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

Meghan faces difficult return to UK

Published

on

Prince Harry’s wife, Meghan, faces a tough challenge in reassimilating to life in the UK, where she remains deeply unpopular, as well as managing uneasy ties with the royal family.

Through bombshell interviews and tell-all documentaries, the 45-year-old former American actress has never hidden how difficult she found things after her fairytale wedding to Harry in 2018.

And both she and Harry have complained about her treatment by the British media, which Harry told a court this year made her life “an absolute misery”.

“I think there’s more questions sort of over her and how she re-adapts to life back in the United Kingdom” than about Harry, said historian Ed Owens.

How she will cope “is difficult to answer at this stage because you know she’s tried successively over the last six years to reinvent her public image to relaunch her brand”, he added.

Deeply attached to his charitable work and keen for his children to build closer ties with his family, King Charles III’s younger son has retained strong ties to Britain.

But for Meghan, things appear more complicated. What will she do away from her sunny Californian base where she is clearly more at home?

Their surprise move back to the UK — six years after triggering a storm by quitting their royal duties — has reportedly in part come about because Meghan, who had a starring part in the US show “Suits”, has been offered an acting role in a UK-based production.

The news was broken by Australian news website news.com.au and was not denied by a spokesperson for the couple contacted by AFP.

See also  Popular Nigerian biker dies in lone Lagos crash

Experts believe Meghan is likely to focus primarily on family life, particularly her children Archie, seven, and Lilibet, five.

In past interviews, she has acknowledged that she enjoys doing the daily school run, for example.

The two kids have already been enrolled at a British school, and the couple have already reportedly chosen a new home.

– ‘Destroy me’ –

In the United States, however, her prospects appeared to have dimmed following the end of her Netflix deal for her lifestyle and cookery show “With Love, Meghan”.

A film made late last year is set to be released soon in which she has a brief cameo appearance playing herself.

And during a trip to Australia, she made a guest appearance on an episode of “MasterChef Australia”.

“If Meghan decided tomorrow that she seriously wanted to act again, directors and producers would absolutely want to meet her and audition her,” talent manager Jonathan Shalit, chairman of InterTalent Rights Group, told the Press Association news agency.

But in Britain, Meghan remains deeply unpopular. According to a YouGov poll released in late July, 65 percent of Britons hold an unfavourable view of her.

Following their bombshell departure, Harry and Meghan publicly denounced her treatment at the hands of Britain’s powerful press.

“Truth be told, no matter how hard I tried, no matter how good I was, no matter what I did, they were still going to find a way to destroy me,” Meghan said in a 2022 Netflix documentary.

The media had initially welcomed her arrival as a breath of fresh air for the royal family, sometimes known as the “Firm”, steeped in centuries of tradition.

See also  Some Pastors Wanted To Sleep With Me – Actress, Sarah Martins Reveals Why She Stopped Going To Church

But she swiftly fell out of favour, with the tabloid press carrying reports portraying her as demanding and unwilling to accept the constraints that came with the privileges of royal life.

Her ventures are still regularly mocked, including her lifestyle and food products brand, As Ever.

– Lingering tensions –

Since leaving Britain, Meghan barely returned, notably for Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee in June 2022 and for the late monarch’s funeral later that year.

Last month she joined Harry and their two children for a short holiday during which they met Charles and Queen Camilla, a visit widely viewed as a sign that relations may be thawing.

Yet her return risks bringing back into focus “the conflicts and issues that originally caused their departure”, including accusations of racism, said Nathalie Weidhase, a media specialist at the University of Surrey.

There are also lingering family tensions exacerbated by Harry’s 2023 memoir “Spare”.

In the book, Harry accused his brother William and William’s wife Catherine of being unwelcoming towards Meghan, complicating her integration into the royal family.

In an interview with US television host Oprah Winfrey, Meghan also alleged that a member of the royal family had raised questions about the skin colour of her unborn child.

But royal expert Owens said the family was “not coming back for another fight with the wider royal family, that’s not their purpose here.

“They want stability for their family … stability for their children”.

AFP

Source: punchng.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  Michael Adekunle Ajasin (1908–1997): Scholar, Educationist, and Statesman of Principle

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

FG declares Tuesday public holiday for Eid ul Mawlid

Published

on

The Federal Government has declared Tuesday, August 25, 2026, a public holiday to mark this year’s Eid ul Mawlid, commemorating the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.

The Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, announced the holiday on behalf of the Federal Government in a statement issued on Friday by the Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Dr Magdalene Ajani.

Tunji-Ojo congratulated Muslims in Nigeria and across the diaspora on the occasion, urging Nigerians to reflect on the values of compassion, humility and service associated with the life of the Prophet Muhammad.

“Every Eid ul Mawlid gives us reason to pause and draw lessons from a life defined by compassion, humility and service to others.

“These are qualities our nation needs now more than ever, and I encourage every Nigerian, not just our Muslim brothers and sisters, to reflect on them,”he said.

The minister also called on Nigerians to use the occasion to pray for peace and national cohesion, stressing that maintaining unity remained a collective responsibility.

He urged citizens to celebrate the occasion with restraint and mutual respect, while wishing the Muslim community a joyous and peaceful Eid.

Tunji-Ojo further reaffirmed the commitment of the present administration to protecting lives and property and ensuring the sustenance of peace across the country.

Source: punchng.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  Some Pastors Wanted To Sleep With Me – Actress, Sarah Martins Reveals Why She Stopped Going To Church
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Think About It: What Will People Say About You After Your Demise?

Published

on

One day, your voice will be silent, your phone will stop ringing, and your presence will no longer be felt in the places you once walked. When that day comes, people will not remember how expensive your clothes were, how much money you had, or how many houses and cars you owned. They will remember how you treated people, the love you showed, the lives you touched, and the kind of person you were.

Think about it: What will people say about you after your demise?

Will they say, “He was a good person who helped others when he could”?
Will they say, “She made people feel loved and valued”?
Will your children remember you as a parent who gave them not only material things but also wisdom, discipline, love, and a good example?

Or will people remember the pain you caused, the hearts you broke, the people you neglected, and the opportunities you had to do good but refused to take?

Life is temporary. Wealth can disappear. Positions can change. Fame can fade. But the impact you make on people’s lives can continue long after you are gone.

Therefore, do not wait until your funeral before people discover your goodness. Love people while you are still alive. Forgive while you still have the opportunity. Help those who need you. Speak words that encourage rather than destroy. Treat your family with kindness. Be honest even when nobody is watching. And leave behind a legacy that your children and those who knew you can be proud of.

See also  A Woman of Elegance, Resilience, and Impact: Alhaja Simbiat Atinuke Abiola

The greatest question is not, “How much did I accumulate?”
It is, “How many lives did I make better because I lived?”

One day, your story will be told by people who knew you. Make sure it is a story filled with love, kindness, integrity, humility, faith, and positive impact.

Live today in such a way that when your name is mentioned tomorrow, people will smile, remember your goodness, and say, “We were blessed to have known this person.”

Your life is a message. Your character is your legacy. What will yours say?

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending