Connect with us

Politics

2027: No National Consensus To Unseat Tinubu — Lagos APC Tackles Tambuwal

Published

on

The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has rubbished claims by Aminu Tambuwal that there is a “national consensus” to stop President Bola Tinubu from returning to power in 2027.

Tambuwal, a former Sokoto State governor and lawmaker representing Sokoto South, had on a television programme last Friday described the push against Tinubu’s re-election as a collective national agenda rather than a northern conspiracy.

Reacting in a statement on Sunday, the Lagos APC spokesman, Seye Oladejo, said what exists is rather a consensus to support good governance, stressing that Nigerians will not hesitate to reaffirm their trust in Tinubu at the polls.

He said, “What is emerging is a national consensus to support good governance, and when the time comes in 2027, Nigerians will not hesitate to reaffirm their trust in a leader who delivers.”

Oladejo described Tambuwal’s statement as “another failed attempt to rewrite the obvious truth,” insisting that Nigerians overwhelmingly rejected the opposition in 2023 and continue to support Tinubu’s administration.

“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu was not imposed, he was elected by Nigerians from every region, faith, and background. And unlike the noise-makers in the opposition, he has hit the ground running,” Oladejo said.

The APC spokesman further advised Tambuwal to focus on clearing his name before anti-graft agencies, noting that “recent revelations have not painted him in a flattering light.”

According to him, opposition talks about consensus ahead of 2027 amount to a “laughable” alliance driven by greed and desperation.

“We watch with close interest as they struggle to build what will be, no doubt, an elusive alliance, sabotaged by their own greed, inflated egos, unbridled desperation for power, and self-righteousness. Nigerians are watching too, popcorn in hand,” he mocked.

See also  2027: ADC chieftain warns David Mark, others against imposition

Oladejo maintained that Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda is already producing results in stabilising the economy, tackling infrastructure deficits, and creating jobs.

“While the opposition plays musical chairs and media politics, we are building roads, creating jobs, fixing power, reforming the economy, and laying the foundation for a stronger, more prosperous Nigeria,” he added.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

VIDEO: #OSUNDECIDES2026! Angry Youths Storm INEC Office, Chant “Fadahunsi Ole”

Published

on

Some Osun youths gathered at the headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in Osogbo, Saturday night, to monitor the collation of results from the governorship election.

 

In a video from the scene, the youths could be heard chanting “Fadahunsi ole, your plans will not work”.

The senator representing Osun East, Francis Fadahunsi, had earlier been captured in another video during the election, where he was seen confronting and allegedly threatening voters at his polling unit in the presence of a police officer.

The chant came as the collation of results from the election continued at the INEC headquarters.

Watch video below..

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  Kwankwaso reveals why the north settled for Peter Obi as most capable ally
Continue Reading

Politics

Osun Election: EU Observer Hub Uncovers 323 Electoral Offences, 38 Security Incidents

Published

on

The European Union (EU) Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria Election Observation Hub (EU-SDGN EOH) has claimed that there were over 38 reported security incidents and 323 electoral offences and irregularities in the Osun 2026 election.

Naija News reports that the Union, which comprises the Centre for Media and Society (CEMESO), the International Press Centre (IPC), the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF), TAF Africa, The Kukah Centre (TKC) and Yiaga Africa, made the claim in a statement on Saturday.

The hub asserted that the 726 polling units monitored were disrupted by violent acts and irregularities.

They disclosed that they had deployed 823 accredited observers across polling units in all 30 local government areas to monitor the election.

The statement read, “Of 2,339,233 registered voters, 1,906,390, representing 81.50 per cent, had collected their Permanent Voters Cards and were eligible to vote.”

Speaking on the security incidents, the Union stated that there were 25 cases of thuggery, 12 attacks on electoral officials and 9 cases of voter intimidation by security personnel.

The hub said, “It separately recorded 323 cases of electoral offences across the polling units observed, including 103 cases of vote trading, 85 cases of exposure of ballot papers, 31 cases of obstruction of voters, 38 cases of campaigning at polling units, 28 cases of inducement of polling and security officials, 14 cases of voter impersonation, 12 cases of multiple voting and 7 cases of misconduct by election officials.”

The Hub also identified specific cases of voter intimidation by security agents at PU 29-10-10-005, Igbon District Council School, Ejigbo, and PU 29-30-06-015, opposite No. 22 Oke Ola Street, Okanla Area, Osogbo.

See also  ‘Rivers rewrites election results, Nigerians will die if Tinubu gets 2nd term’ – Amaechi

“During the accreditation process, 608 of 726 observed polling units, or 83.7 per cent, had polling officials with a full complement of both sensitive and non-sensitive materials between 7:30am and 8:00 am. A further 75 polling units opened between 8:00am and 8:30am, and 42 between 8:30 am and 11:00am, while one polling unit remained unopened as of 11:00am due to the non-arrival of personnel and materials,” the statement read.

Source: naijanews.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Politics

Osun Poll: Full List Of LGAs Won By Adeleke

Published

on

The Governor of Osun State and candidate of the Accord Party (A), Ademola Adeleke, has been officially declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the winner of the 2026 governorship election.

Naija News had earlier reported that Adeleke, who contested against the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Oyebamiji and several other candidates, had a total of 511,067 votes while Oyebamiji gathered 444,815 votes, a difference of 66,256 votes.

Adeleke won 19 local government areas, while his closest rival, Oyebamiji, won 11.

Here are the local government areas won by Adeleke:

Ede North: Adeleke — 35,427; APC — 10,283

Osogbo: Adeleke — 36,480; APC — 30,474

Ede South: Adeleke — 26,188; APC — 6,219

Iwo: Adeleke — 27,085; APC — 19,660

Ife East: Adeleke — 27,201; APC — 18,600

Ife Central: Adeleke — 21,171; APC — 15,913

Ifelodun: Adeleke — 21,107; APC — 18,396

Oriade: Adeleke — 21,343; APC — 14,863

Egbedore: Adeleke — 19,278; APC — 11,194

Odo Otin: Adeleke — 18,003; APC — 15,435

Ilesa West: Adeleke — 16,196; APC — 12,756

Ila: Adeleke — 16,211; APC — 12,934

Ayedaade: Adeleke — 16,681; APC — 15,719

Ife North: Adeleke — 13,879; APC — 9,613

Orolu: Adeleke — 12,352; APC — 10,622

Boluwaduro: Adeleke — 7,118; APC — 7,050

Ayedire: Adeleke — 11,073; APC — 9,910

Ejigbo Local Government Area and Ifedayo

Meanwhile, the European Union (EU) Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria Election Observation Hub (EU-SDGN EOH) has claimed that there were over 38 reported security incidents and 323 electoral offences and irregularities in the Osun 2026 election.

See also  PDP crisis: Makinde bloc regroups as Ortom, Fayose back Wike

Naija News reports that the Union, which comprises the Centre for Media and Society (CEMESO), the International Press Centre (IPC), the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF), TAF Africa, The Kukah Centre (TKC) and Yiaga Africa, made the claim in a statement on Saturday.

The hub asserted that violent acts and irregularities disrupted the 726 polling units monitored.

Source: naijanews.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending