Connect with us

News

You Don’t Want America To Speak On Your Terrorism Issues, But You Want Our Money – US Mayor Knocks Nigerians

Published

on

Republican Mayor of United States City of Blanco in Texas, Mike Arnold has mocked Nigeria for expressing anger over the United States comments on terrorism in the country while still appealing for financial aid.

Speaking on Monday, during an interview on Arise Television, he argued that it does not make sense that Nigeria does not want his country to speak on terrorism in the country but wants their money.

He questioned the reason why a country like Nigeria that is rich in mineral has to seek for help from other nations.

He said, “I don’t understand why a nation that is mineral rich as Nigeria has to go and beg for help to save her own people.

“Nigeria has plenty of resources to help her people get at least something where they can help get stability.

“Displaced people are denied stability, their homes are bulldozed with no warning. It is horrific.

“You don’t want the America to come here speak on terrorism but you want their money, that does not make sense to me whatsoever.”

Meanwhile, human rights activist and African Action Congress (AAC) presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, has stated that the violence in Nigeria is not linked to the persecution of Muslims or Christians.

He explained that the dire situation is due to bad governance and insecurity, not religion.

Sowore stated this while reacting to renewed calls by some U.S. lawmakers, urging Washington to label Nigeria as a “Country of Particular Concern” (CPC) over alleged Christian persecution.

See also  Kidnapped Anglican priest, Ven Edwin Achi dies in captivity

He accused both the United States and the Nigerian government of hypocrisy in their response to the ongoing killings across the country.

According to him, such claims are misleading and fail to reflect the real situation in Nigeria.

Speaking via a statement, he said, “There’s genocide against the poor, against Muslims, against Christians, against children. Trying to separate it by religion is dishonest.”

He argued that Nigeria does not identify victims by religion, saying, “The country doesn’t check who carries a Bible or a Koran before counting the dead.”

Sowore also criticised the U.S. for ignoring similar crises elsewhere.

“Why is the U.S silent about Gaza, where Muslims are being killed by Israel? That’s international hypocrisy,” he said.

He insisted that insecurity in Nigeria cuts across all regions and religions, stressing that the real cause is failed leadership.

“In a country where thousands are killed daily, no one calls the government genocidal. The problem isn’t religion, it’s irresponsible leadership and widespread insecurity,” he added.

Sowore pointed out that most attacks happen in the northern part of the country, affecting both Muslims and Christians.

“In the North, gunmen even attack mosques. Just recently, 35 worshippers were killed, and the attackers were likely Muslims too,” he said.

He warned that blaming religion only helps Nigerian leaders escape responsibility.

“When the U.S. says it wants to protect Christians, that’s not a solution. If all Christians were taken away, people would still be killed,” he argued.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  Kidnapped Anglican priest, Ven Edwin Achi dies in captivity

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  'Three Churches Are Destroyed Daily' - Canadian Lawmaker Raises Alarm On Persecution Of Christians In Nigeria

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  No safe haven for terrorists, bandits in 2026 — Guards Brigade
Continue Reading

Trending