Connect with us

Crime

Sexual assault: Lagos hands over TikToker’s case to Ogun command

Published

on

The Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency has confirmed that the sexual assault case involving TikTok user Mirabel (@mirab351), who claimed she was raped in her apartment by a stranger, has been referred to authorities in Ogun State.

In a statement on Wednesday, the agency said it had successfully contacted a close friend of the survivor, who confirmed she had been discharged from the hospital.

The case had sparked widespread concern online, trending under the hashtag #StopRapingWomen on X (formerly Twitter), with thousands calling for urgent action against sexual assault and greater protection for survivors.

“Following our earlier statement and the widespread public response, we successfully established communication with a close friend of the survivor who confirmed that she had been discharged from the hospital.

“We sincerely appreciate members of the public who provided helpful information via our direct messages, as well as everyone who tagged the Agency to ensure swift intervention,” the agency said.

The alleged assault reportedly occurred on Sunday, February 15, with the survivor posting about the incident on Monday.

The DSVA clarified that the incident took place in Ogun State, outside its jurisdiction.

“We have since confirmed that the incident occurred in Ogun State and is therefore outside the jurisdiction of the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency.

“In the spirit of interagency collaboration and survivor protection, all relevant information at our disposal has been forwarded to the appropriate authorities in Ogun State.”

The agency expressed confidence that the Ogun State Police Command is handling the matter and that the survivor would cooperate with authorities for a thorough investigation.

See also  Ogun: Notorious kidnapper arrested while impersonating soldier with stolen uniform

“We understand that the Ogun State Police Command is currently handling the matter, and we trust that the survivor will fully cooperate with the appropriate authorities to enable a thorough investigation and due process,” the statement said.

DSVA also reiterated its commitment to support survivors and maintain accessible channels for reporting sexual violence.

The agency provided multiple contacts for assistance, including a direct line (0813-796-0048), toll-free number (0-8000-333-333), MTN USSD code (*6820#), and WhatsApp AI Chatbox (0812-893-7058).

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

EFCC arraigns Abuja couple over N740m fraud

Published

on

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Monday arraigned an Abuja-based couple, Osabohein Ologbose and his wife, Hope Oghelemu, before Justice Ekerete Akpan of the Federal High Court Abuja over an alleged N740m fraud.

The couple, alongside two companies—Onome Global Market Resources Limited and Lexicon Multi-Concept Media Limited—faced seven counts of obtaining by false pretence, conversion of funds, and money laundering, contrary to Section 18(2)(b) and punishable under Section 18(4) of the Money Laundering (Prevention and Prohibition) Act, 2022.

According to the EFCC, the charges allege that between January 2023 and April 2024, Ologbose took possession of N340m paid into his Kuda Microfinance Bank account from an Access Bank account belonging to his wife, “when he reasonably ought to have known that the sum formed part of the proceeds of an unlawful act.”

Another count alleged that he used N24.1m from the same source to establish a music and photo studio at Crowther Plaza, Gudu District, Abuja, “when he knew or ought reasonably to have known that the said sum formed part of the proceeds of an unlawful act.”

The EFCC further claimed that the couple induced unsuspecting investors to part with money for the purported procurement and export of bitter kola and red kolanut to Hong Kong, China, and Indonesia, promising attractive returns. Investigations revealed that investors neither received their returns nor had their initial investments refunded.

At the arraignment, defence counsel Marshal Abubakar requested that the first defendant continue enjoying the administrative bail previously granted and sought bail for the third defendant, citing that she was nursing a one-year-old baby.

See also  PHOTOS: Man allegedly k!lls his father over land dispute in Abia community

Justice Akpan allowed Ologbose to remain on administrative bail but denied bail to Oghelemu, remanding her at the Suleja Correctional Centre. The case was adjourned until April 27, 2026, for a definite hearing.

The EFCC described the arraignment as part of its ongoing effort to hold accountable individuals and entities involved in large-scale financial fraud in Nigeria.

This case follows other high-profile fraud investigations, including the recent arrest of a Lagos-based couple allegedly involved in faking a kidnapping to extort N10m from relatives and friends.

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

Arrest made after two die on Lagos film set

Published

on

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a suspect in connection with the deaths of two Nollywood production crew members found lifeless inside a parked vehicle at a movie location in Lekki, Lagos.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Abimbola Adebisi, told PUNCH Metro on Monday that the suspect was a member of the production team who allegedly delivered food to the deceased before they were discovered unresponsive.

“One suspect has been arrested. The suspect was the one who delivered food to the victims in the vehicle. Investigation is still ongoing,” she said.

PUNCH Metro had earlier reported that the victims — lighting director Ekemini “GeeTee” Imeh and his associate, Ayodeji Walter Odediran — were found dead on Saturday, February 7, within the premises of Evercare Hospital Lekki, which was being used as a filming location.

According to a police source, the two crew members arrived early at the set to install lighting equipment ahead of shooting. After completing the setup, they reportedly entered a tinted Nissan vehicle parked within the premises to rest while awaiting further production activities for a film said to be directed by former Big Brother Naija housemate, Boma.

“At about 11am, a production staff member delivered breakfast to them inside the vehicle. The air-conditioning was on, and both men appeared relaxed at the time. Subsequent calls to their phones went unanswered. After filming wrapped up around 8pm, they were found lifeless in the vehicle,” the source said.

The source added that both men were reportedly foaming at the mouth, with one showing blood stains around the nose and lips.

See also  Shock as US-based Nigerian driver found dead inside truck

Another police source disclosed that the matter was initially reported at the Maroko Police Station, while CCTV footage from the premises is being reviewed as part of ongoing investigations.

“The bodies have been deposited in a morgue for autopsy and toxicology examinations,” the source added.

Adebisi confirmed that the case has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further probe, noting that investigators are working to determine the exact cause of death.

Until his death, Imeh was the Chief Executive Officer of a lighting company and was known for his work on major productions, including King of Boys, as well as music videos for artistes such as Davido.

The incident comes days after gospel artiste Matthew Ogundele, popularly known as Segun Praise, and three of his crew members were found dead inside a music studio in the Abraham Adesanya area of Ajah, Lagos State.

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

Two arrested over Benue deadly attack

Published

on

One person has been confirmed dead and another injured following an alleged attack by suspected cattle rustlers in Benue State.

PUNCH Metro gathered from a statement issued on Monday by the acting Media Information Officer of Operation Whirl Stroke, Lieutenant Ahmad Zubairu, that troops of the Joint Task Force arrested two suspects in connection with the incidents.

According to the statement, troops responded to two separate security breaches in Guma Local Government Area on February 15, 2026.

Zubairu explained that troops were alerted to an attack on two herders at Amua Village, located within the axis stretching from Daudu to Umenger/Ukpiam.

“On arrival, it was confirmed that the attack resulted in the death of one herder, while the second victim sustained gunshot wounds. The injured herder was immediately evacuated to Keana in neighbouring Nasarawa State for urgent medical attention,” he said.

He added that the remains of the deceased were handed over to community representatives for burial in line with local customs.

On the same day, troops stationed at Ukpiam acted on intelligence provided by local youths, leading to the arrest of a 23-year-old suspect, Terngu Aondohemba.

“The troops, acting on credible information, moved swiftly and arrested Mr Terngu Aondohemba, who reportedly confessed to killing two cattle belonging to Fulani herders,” Zubairu stated.

“He also named two accomplices, identified as Mr Akpehe and Ashinge, who are currently at large.”

The spokesman further disclosed that follow-up investigations led troops to Korje Village in Daudu, where a woman, Mrs Mercy Onban — wife of the alleged buyer of the stolen meat — was apprehended alongside the recovered meat exhibits.

See also  Four UK-based Nigerians, others jailed 55 years for robbery

He said the suspects are currently in custody pending further investigation.

The Force Commander of Operation Whirl Stroke, Major General Moses Gara, reaffirmed the task force’s commitment to curbing killings and cattle rustling within its Joint Operations Area.

He condemned the violence and criminal activities, warning that perpetrators would be relentlessly pursued and brought to justice.

Gara also urged community leaders to strengthen collaboration with security agencies, emphasising that timely intelligence sharing is critical to restoring lasting peace.

He reassured law-abiding residents of the task force’s resolve to safeguard lives and property across the region.

The arrests and rescue efforts highlight ongoing military operations aimed at addressing violence affecting both farmers and herders in parts of the state.

The incidents come amid a series of attacks earlier this year. In January 2026, PUNCH Metro reported deadly attacks in the Udeku community, Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State, where two security operatives were killed and several residents displaced.

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending