Connect with us

Crime

PHOTOS: Security operatives arrest two kidnappers who k!lled man and abducted his daughter in Plateau, recover N8m ransom

Published

on

Joint security operatives in Qua’an Pan Local Government Area of Plateau State have arrested two suspected kidnappers and recovered N8 million ransom paid by the family of a victim, just as they rescued an abducted woman from a forest hideout.

The Executive Chairman of Qua’an Pan Local Government Council, Hon. Dr. Christopher Audu Manship, confirmed the development on Saturday, April 25, 2026 in a statement signed by his media aide, Danaan Cletus Sylvanus.

The statement said the arrested suspects were identified as Waltu Watter and Sale Mamma.

According to the statement, they allegedly k!lled Alhaji Saidu Mamma during an operation and abducted his daughter, after which they demanded and collected N8 million ransom.

However, following a coordinated operation by joint security agencies in Qua’an Pan, the suspects were apprehended and the entire ransom recovered.

Speaking during the parade of the suspects and presentation of the recovered money, Manship declared zero tolerance for criminality in the area.

He commended the security agencies for their professionalism, diligence and gallantry in protecting lives and property.

“We will not allow criminals to operate in Qua’an Pan or use this local government as a hiding place after committing crimes in neighbouring councils or states,” he said.

The chairman ordered that the recovered N8 million be returned to the family of the late Alhaji Saidu Mamma, whose daughter was abducted during the attack that claimed his life.

In a related development, the joint security operatives also rescued Mrs. Gambo Bello and reunited her with her family.

See also  Army Confirms Attack On Soldiers, Killing Of Officers, CJFT Members

Mrs. Bello was reportedly kidnapped in Padama, Lafia East Local Government Area of Nasarawa State, and taken to Pandam Game Reserve in Qua’an Pan.

Manship said intelligence reports on suspicious movement within the reserve prompted him to direct security personnel to comb the bush, leading to her rescue.

The statement added that, while narrating her ordeal, Bello said she spent over one week in captivity before security operatives stormed the kidnappers’ hideout.

According to her, there was an exchange of gunfire for several minutes before the kidnappers fled the scene.

“The security men came and exchanged gunfire with them. After some time, the kidnappers ran away and the operatives rescued me from the bush,” she said.

Manship said the latest operation marked the third time kidnappers had been arrested and ransom recovered in Qua’an Pan, aside from several other arrests recorded in the area.

He attributed the successes to divine intervention and the collaborative efforts of security agencies.

The council boss also expressed gratitude to Plateau State Governor, Barr. Caleb Manasseh Mutfwang, for supporting efforts to strengthen the security architecture of the area.

He vowed to secure all border communities linking Qua’an Pan with neighbouring local governments and states to prevent criminal infiltration.

The statement added that those present during the briefing were security operatives saddled with the responsibility of protecting lives and property in the area.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Police arrest 10 suspected human parts sellers in Oyo

Published

on

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested 10 suspected human parts sellers.

The suspects were arrested in the Iseyin and Saki areas of the state.

Public Relations Officer of the command, Olayinka Ayanlade, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday.

Exhibits recovered from the suspects include one suspected human heart, human flesh, pieces of human skull and assorted charms.

The statement said the exhibits have been secured for forensic examination and further investigation.

The suspects were identified as Adam Ibrahim, Nasiru Kabiru, Tijani Wasiu, Abiola Nasiru, Amusa Gbadamosi, Raheem Taofeek, Jimoh Muritala, Suleiman Busari, Ganiyu Nurudeen and Usman Abdullahi.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  Man caught with severed human hand in Lagos
Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Kebbi man arrested over alleged ritual desecration of Qur’an after burying it in pit with s€men to make woman more submissive to her husband

Published

on

The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 29-year-old man, Abubakar Musa, over alleged ritual desecration of the Holy Qur’an in Zuru Local Government Area of the state.

The spokesperson for the command, SP Bashir Usman, who disclosed this in a statement on 14th August 2026, said the suspect was arrested in connection with alleged criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance.

According to the PPRO, on August 9, 2026, Musa and two other suspects, Rabi’u Tela and Hamza Zango, allegedly dug a pit and buried a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, d3ad animals, and other fetish items.

The police spokesperson said the act was allegedly intended to make Rabi’u Tela’s wife Zarau Hassan more submissive to him.

“The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested Abubakar Musa, male, 29, of Rafin Mose Village, Zuru LGA, in connection with a case of criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance,” the statement read.

“The incident occurred on 9th August 2026, at about 1900hrs, at Zango Area, Zuru. Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly conspired with two others; Rabi’u Tela, husband of Zarau Hassan, and Hamza Zango, both now at large, to dig a pit inside Zarau Hassan’s room and bury therein a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, dead animals, and other fetish items.

“The act was allegedly intended to make Zarau Hassan more submissive to her husband, Rabi’u Tela, and was carried out in circumstances capable of provoking a breach of the peace among the Muslim faithful in the community.

See also  Inside bandit bloody attack that emptied Kwara community

“Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the two fleeing suspects, while Abubakar Musa remains in police custody and will be charged to court upon conclusion of investigation.

“The Commissioner of Police, CP Umar M. Hadejia, psc, MNIM, strongly condemns the alleged act and warns that the Command will deal decisively, within the law, with individuals whose actions threaten religious harmony, public order, and peaceful coexistence.

“Members of the public are urged to promptly report suspicious activities to the Police through 09039911876 or 07081074395. All information will be treated with utmost confidentiality.”

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Gunmen abduct 14 passengers in Benue

Published

on

Gunmen have abducted 14 passengers travelling along the Otukpo–Adoka road in Benue State.

The incident occurred on Thursday night, August 13, 2026 when an 18-seater commercial bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja was reportedly ambushed along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area.

A resident, Ochai, who spoke with punch on Friday, said the gunmen forced all the passengers into the surrounding forest.

“Some gunmen ambushed an 18-seater bus heading to Abuja between Omutele and Ankpechi along Otukpo -Adola road yesterday (Thursday) night. All the passengers in the vehicle were whisked away by the gunmen,” he said.

The spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, DSP Peter Aondongu, who confirmed the incident in a statement said five of the victims have so far been rescued.

According to the PPRO, the police launched a coordinated rescue operation early Friday.

Aondongu said the operation involved an exchange of gunfire between the security operatives and the kidnappers.

“The Benue State Police Command has confirmed a kidnapping incident involving a commercial passenger bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area on the night of 13 August 2026,” the statement read

“Following the incident, operatives of the command commenced a coordinated rescue operation early this (Friday) morning. The operation, which involved an exchange of gunfire, has so far resulted in the successful rescue of five victims, including a four-year-old boy, while nine others remain in the custody of the suspected kidnappers.”

The police spokesperson disclosed that one of the rescued victims sustained a gunshot injury during the operation and was taken to a medical facility in Otukpo for treatment.

See also  Inside bandit bloody attack that emptied Kwara community

He said the police, working with other security agencies, had intensified efforts to secure the release of the remaining nine victims.

According to Aondongu, the operation was being conducted cautiously, with the safety of the abducted passengers prioritised.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Cletus Nwadiogbu, also assured the victims’ families and members of the public that efforts would continue until the remaining passengers were rescued.

He urged residents of the affected communities to remain vigilant and provide security agencies with credible information that could aid the rescue operation.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending