Connect with us

Crime

Meet Members Of New Fake Agency Discovered By ICPC.

Published

on

The alleged fake National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office had a structure spanning several states and two foreign countries, with an acclaimed national coordinator, zonal directors, state coordinators and representatives in China and the United States.

A check by Punch on Saturday found that the office’s website listed Hon. Nwabueze George as its “Executive Director, National Coordinator,” alongside a director of national administration, three zonal directors, 20 state coordinators and representatives for the United States and China.

Recall that the Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), Musa Aliyu, disclosed on Friday that President Bola Tinubu had ordered the immediate arrest of George Nwabueze, identified by the commission as “the promoter” of the alleged fake office.

It was had earlier reported that Tinubu also ordered the immediate suspension of three permanent secretaries, M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare and Richard P. Pheelangwah, following the discovery of the office, which the ICPC said had been allocated space within the premises of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) without presidential authorisation.

The ICPC said the promoter was also found to have operated under several variations of his name, including George Nathan Nwabueze, George Nwabueze, George Buchi Nwabueze, Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and George Nwabueze.

The website listed Nwabueze as the “Executive Director, National Coordinator.”

It also listed Dr Bassey B. Unaowo as Special Assistant to the Permanent Secretary on Political and Economic Affairs, OSGF; Dr Hajara Njidda Amoni as Director, National Administration; Mr Oladunjoye Musiliua as Zonal Director, South-West; Hafsat Sahabi Dange as Zonal Director, North; and Mrs Ugochi Akudo Nwosu as Zonal Director, South-East.

See also  Inside bandit bloody attack that emptied Kwara community

The website also claimed that the project operated under the OSGF. Its framework page described the project as being overseen by the Permanent Secretary, Political and Economic Affairs, in the OSGF.

However, this claimed government connection is significant in light of the ICPC’s finding that the office was operating without presidential authorisation.

20 State Coordinators

The website listed the following as state coordinators:

Katsina: Dr Babangida Kabir Ruma

Kaduna: Hon. Abdulhaleem Ishaq Ringim

Delta: Hon. Dr Godwin Adolor

Kebbi: Hussaini Abdullahi, Esq., FSI

Osun: Hon. Olugbemi Adetola Adelowokan

Anambra: Hon. Chiamaka Nnake

Nasarawa: Hon. Osolafia Muhammed, PhD

Plateau: Mrs Salome Audu Bidda

Benue: Hon. Orduen Andrew Ikon

Ondo: Amb. Orioye G. Benedict

Ogun: Hon. Engr. Kehinde Akintonide, FNSE

Sokoto: Hon. Ibrahim Umar Aliyu

Abia: Hon. Mrs Nwosu Chinyere R.

Zamfara: Hon. Ibrahim Bello Marafa

Niger: Haj. Zainab Mohammed

Kano: Hon. Abubakar Ahmad Bichi (Khalifa)

Taraba: Hon. Justin Aondoaseer Tyopuusu

Oyo: Alhaji Bello Kolawole Ghaffar, FCA

Bauchi: Hon. Farouq Siyi

Kogi: Hon. Olorukooba Bidemi

According to Punch, it also found indications that some of those listed had previously held public positions or had links to established political, governmental or community structures in their respective states.

In Taraba, Tyopuusu has been identified in recent reports as a Special Assistant to Governor Agbu Kefas on Digital Economy, while serving as the state coordinator of the Made in Nigeria Special Project.

Their inclusion on the website does not, by itself, establish that they knew the organisation had allegedly lacked government authorisation.

The website also listed Hon. Emmanuel Enemali Achema as “Country Rep./Coordinator, U.S.A.” and Hon. Ameh Enedugbojo Glory as “Country Rep./Coordinator, China.”

See also  PHOTOS: Outrage as 3-year-old pupil is r@p3d at school allegedly by the gateman

The claimed international structure was presented alongside the state and zonal network as part of the organisation’s purported nationwide and international operations.

The office’s website described its activities as including trade exhibitions, economic forums, promotion of Nigerian products and support for small and medium-sized enterprises, claims ICPC disputed.

The development is the latest in an investigation into purported fictitious government bodies.

The ICPC had previously identified the Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council and two other alleged fictitious bodies: the FCT Investment Promotion Agency and the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency and Public-Private Partnership.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Four Kogi family members, dog die after meal

Published

on

Four members of the same family have reportedly died after consuming amala in Ihima, Okehi Local Government Area of Kogi State.

The family’s dog was also reported to have died after consuming the same food.

Following the incident, the Kogi State Government has ordered an immediate investigation into the circumstances surrounding the deaths.

The state Commissioner for Information and Communications, Kingsley Fanwo, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday, saying the Governor of Kogi State, Ahmed Ododo, had directed the Commissioner for Health to commence a comprehensive investigation into the incident.

“The Chief Servant is deeply concerned by this tragic incident and has directed the Commissioner for Health to immediately investigate the circumstances surrounding the deaths, with particular attention to the possibility of food poisoning or food contamination.

“The investigation must establish the facts and determine whether the food consumed by the deceased was contaminated or whether any other medical or environmental factor contributed to the deaths.

“Relevant samples and available evidence should be properly examined in accordance with established public health procedures,” Fanwo quoted the governor as directing.

Fanwo said the state government was also concerned by reports that the family’s dog died after consuming the same food, adding that the development would form part of the investigation.

He said the governor had directed the Ministry of Health to work with relevant agencies and stakeholders to ensure that the investigation was thorough and that appropriate public health measures were taken based on its findings.

“The government urges members of the public to remain calm and avoid drawing conclusions about the cause of the deaths until the investigation is concluded and the facts are established by the relevant authorities,” the commissioner said.

See also  Inside bandit bloody attack that emptied Kwara community

Fanwo said the governor commiserated with the bereaved family and the people of Ihima over the incident, praying that God would grant the family the strength and comfort to bear the loss.

He assured the people of Kogi State that the government would make further information available as soon as verified facts emerge from the investigation.

Source: punchng.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

Soldiers rescue kidnap victim, foil terrorist attack in Kaduna, Sokoto

Published

on

Troops of the Joint Task Force North-West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, have rescued a kidnap victim in Kaduna State and foiled a terrorist attack in Sokoto State.

The military disclosed this in a statement issued on Friday by the Media Information Officer of the Joint Task Force, Lt. Col. Aliyu Danja.

According to Danja, troops of Sector 1 rescued a 43-year-old man abducted around Awon Community in Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Thursday.

He said the troops responded to a distress call and immediately moved into the area, forcing the terrorists to abandon their victim and flee into the surrounding bushes.

“The troops swiftly moved into the area and pursued the terrorists into the surrounding bushes, compelling them to abandon their captive and flee,” Danja said.

He added that the rescued victim was subsequently reunited with his family.

In a separate operation on Friday, troops of Sector 2, working with local security personnel, foiled an attack on Kwaren Gamba Village in Sabon Birni Local Government Area of Sokoto State.

Danja said the troops engaged the terrorists and forced them to withdraw from the community in disarray.

He stated that troops subsequently pursued the fleeing terrorists, during which one terrorist was neutralised.

According to him, the troops also recovered two mobile phones, cash, an ATM card, recharge cards and other items from the scene.

Danja said the latest operations demonstrated the military’s continued efforts to deny terrorists freedom of action across the North-West.

“The Joint Task Force North-West Operation FANSAN YAMMA remains resolute in sustaining the tempo of ongoing operations to deny terrorists freedom of action and create a safer environment for communities across the Joint Operations Area,” he said.

See also  Speak out against terrorism, banditry, Tinubu urges clerics

He assured residents that troops would continue to respond decisively to emerging security threats.

“The Theatre Command reassures the public that troops will continue to respond decisively to emerging threats,” he added.

The military spokesman also urged residents to remain vigilant and provide timely and credible information to security forces to support ongoing operations.

He said such cooperation remained critical to efforts to restore lasting peace and security across the region.

Source: punchng.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

Tinubu orders arrest, suspends three perm secs as ICPC uncovers new fake agency

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of one George Buchi Nwabueze and the suspension of three permanent secretaries over the discovery of another fake agency operating within the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

They include M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah.

Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Dr Musa Aliyu, SAN disclosed this to State House correspondents on Friday after briefing the President for the second time in two days, following an earlier meeting on Thursday.

Aliyu said the newly uncovered fake office, operating under the name “National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office,” had been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the OSGF, contrary to extant laws and without presidential authorisation.

He said, “Upon further briefing by ICPC to Mr President on the ongoing investigations into the fake Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council and procedural weaknesses in the public service, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has uncovered another fake agency and office operating under the name National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office, which has been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation,” Aliyu said.

He said the discovery emerged in the course of the commission’s broader investigation, as earlier directed by President Tinubu, and identified the promoter of the fake office as one Prince George Buchi Nwabueze, who was found to be operating under multiple aliases.

See also  EFCC arraigns man for alleged N208m theft in Lagos

“The fake agency office, National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, was promoted by one George Buchi Nwabueze, with active suspected collaborators in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, contrary to extant laws and without authorisation of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“The promoter was discovered to also operate under four other variations of his name: George Nathan, George Nathan Nwabueze, Honourable George Buchi Nwabueze, Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and George Nwabueze,” Aliyu said.

He revealed that the ICPC had engaged the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation to ascertain vital information relating to the fake office under investigation, and had comprehensively briefed the President on the new developments.

“I have briefed Mr President comprehensively on these new developments. ICPC will continue with its investigations accordingly,” he said.

Aliyu said following the discovery, “Mr President has directed as follows: the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze; the immediate suspension of the following permanent secretaries; M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah,” he said.

Friday’s development is the latest in a scandal that began with the exposure of the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council, whose self-styled Director-General, Adeniyi Adeyemi Matthew, is currently facing prosecution on charges of forgery and impersonation.

The ICPC’s interim report, submitted to the President on August 6 after a 30-day investigation, had earlier disclosed the existence of two other fictitious bodies, the FCT Investment Promotion Agency and the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency and Public-Private Partnership.

See also  Police arrest passenger with ammunition in Edo

The National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office is the fourth fake agency uncovered after the PFIFC scandal since early April.

Source: punchng.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending