Connect with us

Crime

FULL LIST: ’40 Suspects Linked To Alleged Coup Against Tinubu’

Published

on

Nigerian security agencies have reportedly concluded investigations into an alleged coup plot aimed at violently overthrowing President Bola Tinubu’s administration, identifying 40 suspects across the military, police, and civilian sectors.

It was reports that the suspects include senior military officers, a police officer, and civilians allegedly involved in reconnaissance, funding, and propaganda operations.

A Premium Times report quoted security sources as having identified 13 individuals apprehended by the State Security Service (SSS), including two military personnel (one retired), one police officer, and 10 civilians.

Sixteen military officers were arrested for direct participation, two civilians for reconnaissance, two for incitement to civil disobedience to justify the coup, and five others in connection with funding channels.

“One detained soldier escaped custody but was later rearrested by SSS operatives in Bauchi,” insiders told Premium Times.

Investigation Completed, Court-Martial Pending

It was reports that the Defence Headquarters confirmed that the investigation had been concluded and forwarded to “appropriate superior authority in line with extant regulations.”

The military described the findings as identifying “several officers with allegations of plotting to overthrow the government,” calling such actions “inconsistent with the ethics, values and professional standards required of members of the Armed Forces of Nigeria.”

“At least 25 military officers and personnel are expected to face trial in connection with the coup attempt,” a source familiar with the investigation said.

An unspecified number of civilians remain in custody, under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the SSS, for roles in financing, logistics, and coordination.

See also  Anambra couple held as police probe 10-year-old boy abuse

Coup Plan Details

Investigators revealed that the plotters initially aimed to disrupt the handover of power from former President Muhammadu Buhari to President Tinubu on May 29, 2023. However, the plan stalled due to insufficient funds and logistical gaps.

The conspiracy was reportedly revived in 2025 after former Bayelsa Governor Timipre Sylva allegedly transferred nearly N1 billion to three bank accounts operated by a Bureau De Change operator, intelligence sources said.

Retired Major General Adamu, identified as a key figure, along with Sylva and three other suspects, remain at large. One fleeing suspect has been traced to South America, though details remain undisclosed for security reasons.

Presidential and Government Officials Targeted

Sources revealed that the alleged coup plotters had planned assassinations of President Tinubu, Vice President Kashim Shettima, Senate President Godswill Akpabio, and Speaker of the House, Tajudeen Abbas.

“They were waiting for a day when all of them would be in the country. Wherever they were, they would be assassinated,” one source told journalists.

Service Chiefs, commanders of the Guards Brigade, and other strategic figures were also reportedly targeted. Informants within the Presidential Villa were said to be monitoring the movements of the officials.

Investigators also disclosed that some officers were tasked with seizing strategic locations, including the Presidential Villa, Niger Barracks, the Armed Forces of Nigeria Complex, and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.

Full List Of Suspects Includes high-ranking officers such as:

Brigadier General MA Sadiq (Army Headquarters Garrison), Colonel MA Ma’aji (Defence Space Administration) and Lieutenant Colonel S Bappah (525 Signal Regiment).

See also  Teengers arested for kidnapping three minors in Kaduna and demanding N50m ransom from their father

Other officers include Lieutenant Colonels AA Hayatu, P Dangnap, M Almakura, AA Jarma, SM Gana, alongside majors, captains, lieutenants, and non-commissioned officers.

Civilian suspects include Umoru Zekeri (Julius Berger Villa Electrician), Ali Isah (Villa ambulance driver), and Stanley Kingsley Amandi (actor allegedly hired as a propagandist).

Details of six other suspects remain unclear as of press time, Naija News understands.

Below is the full list of the 40 suspects and their supposed units and addresses.

NAME – UNIT/ADDRESS

MA Sadiq (Brigadier General) – Army Headquarters Garrison
MA Ma’aji (Colonel) – Defence Space Administration
S Bappah (Lt. Colonel) – 525 Signal Regiment
AA Hayatu (Lt Colonel) – 130 Battalion Main, Ogoja, Cross River State
P Dangnap (Lt Colonel) – 134 Special Force Battalion
M Almakura (Lt Colonel) – 197 Special Force Battalion
AA Jarma (Lt Colonel) – CO, 35 Battalion Katsina
SM Gana (Lt Colonel) – 115 Task Force Battalion
AD Dauda (Maj) – Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji
JM GANAKS (Maj) – Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji
AJ Ibrahim (Maj) – Army Headquarters’ Department of Policy and Plans
MM Jiddah (Maj) – 26 Battalion
MA Usman (Maj) – 35 Battalion
D Yusuf (Maj) – Forward Operating Base Molai (AHQ SG)
J Iliyasu (Maj) – 3 Division Garrison
A Mohammed (Maj) – 63 Brigade Garrison
DB Abdullahi (Lt Cdr) – Naval Base Abuja
SB Adamu (Sqn Ldr) – National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC)
NG Zuzu (Sqn Ldr) – Headquarters, Nigeria Air Force Camp
G Binuga (Captain) – 1 NMF Brigade
AA Yusuf (Captain) – Nigerian Army of the School of Finance and Administration (NASFA)
Bello (Captain) – 82 Division Garrison
SS Felix (Lt) – 81 Division Provost Group
J Aminu (Lt) – Headquarters Directorate of Army Public Relations (DAPR)
Nasiru Ibrahim – (WO) 82 Division Garrison
Sanda Usman (Sgt) – 167 Special Force Battalion
Mohammed Zubairu – (Sgt) 177 Guards Battalion
Momoh Audu (Cpl) – 343 Artillery Regiment
Ahmed Ibrahim (Inspector) – 24 Police Mobile Force, Presidential Villa
EO Victor (Navy Capt/Rtd) – 3 Abraham Avenue off Odili Road, Port Harcourt
Umoru Zekeri – Julius Berger, Villa Electrician
Y Nasiru (LCpl) – 82 Division Garrison
Sambo Danladi (LCpl) – 82 Division Garrison
Abdul Abdullahi (SSgt) – 82 Division Garrison
Ali Isah – Villa Ambulance Driver
ML Mohammed (Capt) – 18 Battalion
UI Yusuf (Wg Cdr) – International/Helicopter Flying School, Enugu
IM Gana (Maj Gen Rtd) – No 34 A Army Estate, Kubwa, Abuja
Stanley Kingsley Amandi – Propagandist
Goni Bukar

See also  Canadian court deports Ondo pastor for bribing Nigerian police, fabricating asylum claim

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Police arrest 10 suspected human parts sellers in Oyo

Published

on

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested 10 suspected human parts sellers.

The suspects were arrested in the Iseyin and Saki areas of the state.

Public Relations Officer of the command, Olayinka Ayanlade, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday.

Exhibits recovered from the suspects include one suspected human heart, human flesh, pieces of human skull and assorted charms.

The statement said the exhibits have been secured for forensic examination and further investigation.

The suspects were identified as Adam Ibrahim, Nasiru Kabiru, Tijani Wasiu, Abiola Nasiru, Amusa Gbadamosi, Raheem Taofeek, Jimoh Muritala, Suleiman Busari, Ganiyu Nurudeen and Usman Abdullahi.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  Anambra couple held as police probe 10-year-old boy abuse
Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Kebbi man arrested over alleged ritual desecration of Qur’an after burying it in pit with s€men to make woman more submissive to her husband

Published

on

The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 29-year-old man, Abubakar Musa, over alleged ritual desecration of the Holy Qur’an in Zuru Local Government Area of the state.

The spokesperson for the command, SP Bashir Usman, who disclosed this in a statement on 14th August 2026, said the suspect was arrested in connection with alleged criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance.

According to the PPRO, on August 9, 2026, Musa and two other suspects, Rabi’u Tela and Hamza Zango, allegedly dug a pit and buried a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, d3ad animals, and other fetish items.

The police spokesperson said the act was allegedly intended to make Rabi’u Tela’s wife Zarau Hassan more submissive to him.

“The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested Abubakar Musa, male, 29, of Rafin Mose Village, Zuru LGA, in connection with a case of criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance,” the statement read.

“The incident occurred on 9th August 2026, at about 1900hrs, at Zango Area, Zuru. Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly conspired with two others; Rabi’u Tela, husband of Zarau Hassan, and Hamza Zango, both now at large, to dig a pit inside Zarau Hassan’s room and bury therein a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, dead animals, and other fetish items.

“The act was allegedly intended to make Zarau Hassan more submissive to her husband, Rabi’u Tela, and was carried out in circumstances capable of provoking a breach of the peace among the Muslim faithful in the community.

See also  Driver arrested as policeman dies in Abuja road crash

“Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the two fleeing suspects, while Abubakar Musa remains in police custody and will be charged to court upon conclusion of investigation.

“The Commissioner of Police, CP Umar M. Hadejia, psc, MNIM, strongly condemns the alleged act and warns that the Command will deal decisively, within the law, with individuals whose actions threaten religious harmony, public order, and peaceful coexistence.

“Members of the public are urged to promptly report suspicious activities to the Police through 09039911876 or 07081074395. All information will be treated with utmost confidentiality.”

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Gunmen abduct 14 passengers in Benue

Published

on

Gunmen have abducted 14 passengers travelling along the Otukpo–Adoka road in Benue State.

The incident occurred on Thursday night, August 13, 2026 when an 18-seater commercial bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja was reportedly ambushed along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area.

A resident, Ochai, who spoke with punch on Friday, said the gunmen forced all the passengers into the surrounding forest.

“Some gunmen ambushed an 18-seater bus heading to Abuja between Omutele and Ankpechi along Otukpo -Adola road yesterday (Thursday) night. All the passengers in the vehicle were whisked away by the gunmen,” he said.

The spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, DSP Peter Aondongu, who confirmed the incident in a statement said five of the victims have so far been rescued.

According to the PPRO, the police launched a coordinated rescue operation early Friday.

Aondongu said the operation involved an exchange of gunfire between the security operatives and the kidnappers.

“The Benue State Police Command has confirmed a kidnapping incident involving a commercial passenger bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area on the night of 13 August 2026,” the statement read

“Following the incident, operatives of the command commenced a coordinated rescue operation early this (Friday) morning. The operation, which involved an exchange of gunfire, has so far resulted in the successful rescue of five victims, including a four-year-old boy, while nine others remain in the custody of the suspected kidnappers.”

The police spokesperson disclosed that one of the rescued victims sustained a gunshot injury during the operation and was taken to a medical facility in Otukpo for treatment.

See also  Terrorist bello Turji’s threat: How families risk lives to enter Niger Republic — Sokoto residents

He said the police, working with other security agencies, had intensified efforts to secure the release of the remaining nine victims.

According to Aondongu, the operation was being conducted cautiously, with the safety of the abducted passengers prioritised.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Cletus Nwadiogbu, also assured the victims’ families and members of the public that efforts would continue until the remaining passengers were rescued.

He urged residents of the affected communities to remain vigilant and provide security agencies with credible information that could aid the rescue operation.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending