Connect with us

News

I’ve kept campaign promises, delivered major projects – Oyebanji

Published

on

Ekiti State Governor, Biodun Oyebanji, has declared that he has kept faith with the people by fulfilling his campaign promises, completing most inherited projects, and delivering on key development initiatives ahead of the 2026 governorship election.

Oyebanji stated this on Wednesday in Abuja, shortly after submitting his nomination and expression of interest forms at the All Progressives Congress National Secretariat, where he was received by a crowd of supporters.

The Independent National Electoral Commission has fixed the Ekiti governorship election for July 20, 2026, while the APC primary will hold on October 27, 2025.

The governor said his administration had achieved nearly 80 per cent completion of inherited projects, stressing that they belong to the people and were funded with public resources.

“When we campaigned three years ago, it was on the mantra of continuity for shared prosperity. In less than three years, we have achieved close to 80 per cent completion of inherited projects. We have also created conditions for productivity by investing in infrastructure, electricity, and healthcare. For example, over 60 communities that had been in darkness for nearly two decades are now connected to the grid.

“We believe productivity also requires a strong healthcare system. From primary to tertiary levels, facilities have been upgraded. We pay doctors and health workers parity with their federal counterparts while keeping up with gratuities and pensions. Beyond infrastructure and welfare, we are reforming the workforce to restore trust in government. Trust in leadership is critical, and I want to be remembered as a governor who kept his promises,” Oyebanji said.

See also  Veteran Nollywood actor, Fabian Adibe, d!es at 81

On his priorities going forward, the governor pledged to deepen investment in education.

“One area I am determined to improve further is education. My desire is to see modern learning tools such as electronic boards in all schools in Ekiti. Education remains the pathway to productivity and prosperity, and we will focus more on innovation and technology to prepare our people for the 21st century,” he added.

Addressing speculation of division within the APC in Ekiti, Oyebanji dismissed the claims.

“The beauty of democracy is freedom of expression. People are entitled to their opinions, but the massive show of support here today does not reflect a divided party. Former governors, deputy governors, lawmakers, local government chairmen, and other stakeholders are united behind APC in Ekiti. As for my relationship with former Governor Fayemi, it remains cordial. Talk of division is mere propaganda,” he said.

He also urged party leaders to help the state break the jinx of one-term governorships.

“Since the creation of Ekiti, no governor has completed a second term in one stretch. We see it as a jinx that must be broken because it has retarded development. The people don’t want current gains reversed,” Oyebanji said, while affirming his willingness to subject himself to the primary process.

Senate Majority Leader, Opeyemi Bamidele, who accompanied the governor, said Oyebanji had delivered on infrastructure, human capital, and stability, stressing that for the first time, Ekiti stakeholders across divides were united behind one governor.

APC National Vice Chairman (South-West), Isaacs Kekemeke, assured the governor of a fair process.

See also  Nearly $3bn spent on Eurobond debt servicing under Tinubu

“We have seen you and heard you. We have never witnessed a submission of forms like this before. Go back and do in Ekiti what you have done here today,” he said.

Dignitaries at the event included Ekiti’s first elected governor, Niyi Adebayo; former Senate Minority Leader, Biodun Olujimi; Senate Spokesperson, Yemi Adaramodu; and House of Representatives Spokesperson, Akin Rotimi, among others.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  US Urges Citizens To Leave Venezuela Warns Armed Militias Have Set Up Roadblocks

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  US Urges Citizens To Leave Venezuela Warns Armed Militias Have Set Up Roadblocks

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Rivers chief judge refuses setting up panel to probe Fubara
Continue Reading

Trending