Connect with us

News

Missing transformer: Owa Obokun removes Oba Odo of Ilesa, Gbadamosi

Published

on

The Owa Obokun of Ijesaland, Oba Clement Adesuyi Haastrup, has removed Chief Busuyi Gbadamosi as the Oba-Odo of Ilesa.

The development was disclosed in a statement personally signed by the Owa on Saturday, September 27, 2025.

According to the monarch, the action followed findings that Gbadamosi had unlawfully removed and sold two electric transformers; a 300KVA and a 500KVA, from the post office at Atakumosa Market in 2023 during the reign of the late Owa Obokun, Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran.

The statement explained that the previous Owa had strongly rebuked Chief Gbadamosi for carting away the transformers without permission from him or the communities the equipment served, namely Araromi, Adeti, Palace, and Odo Osunmu.

“All efforts made by the previous Owa to ensure that Chief Busuyi Gbadamosi returned the transformers were thwarted,” the statement read.

Following his coronation, Oba Clement Haastrup established a Committee on Resolution of Chieftaincy Disputes, Land and Sundry Matters to address issues affecting the communities in Ijesaland.

The committee received a petition from members of the affected communities, accusing Gbadamosi of illegally removing and selling the transformers and he was subsequently invited to appear before the committee to explain his actions.

During the proceedings, the Iyaloja of Atakumosa Market, Chief Mrs Awe, testified that Gbadamosi had sent emissaries to her, asking her to sign a document confirming the sale of the transformers and promising her N750,000 from the proceeds, an offer she said she rejected.

The youth leader of Araromi community also testified that Gbadamosi brought a truck to the market at night to remove the transformers and offered him money, which he declined.

See also  FCT infrastructure boom reflects Tinubu’s vision for Abuja – Wike

“Under questioning from the committee, Chief Gbadamosi reportedly confessed to selling one of the transformers, the 300KVA unit, for ₦120,000, claiming that he used the proceeds to transport the second transformer to Ibadan for repairs.

“Following his confession, the committee granted Chief Gbadamosi thirty days to retrieve and return the transformers to their original location at the post office,” the statement added.

Findings revealed that he, however, allegedly failed to comply.

The committee then reported his refusal to the Owa Obokun, who gave him an additional one week to recover and return the equipment.

Despite this, Gbadamosi was said to have ignored the royal directive.

“In view of the unlawful and illegal removal, sale and conversion of the proceeds of sale of the two transformers, and an attitude unbecoming of a High Chief in Ijesaland, I have decided to relieve and remove Chief Busuyi Gbadamosi as the Oba-Odo of Ilesa,” Oba Haastrup declared.

The monarch ordered that Gbadamosi cease to be recognised as the Oba-Odo of Ilesa and refrain from parading himself as such.

“He shall immediately vacate the Chieftaincy house, which shall remain under lock and key. Members of the public are hereby informed not to deal with or address Mr Busuyi Gbadamosi as the Oba-Odo of Ilesa,” the statement added.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  See what caused Abuja-Kaduna train derailment

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  See what caused Abuja-Kaduna train derailment

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Abductions surge: Northern govs demand mining suspension, unveil N228bn security fund
Continue Reading

Trending