Connect with us

News

FCTA begins promotion exams for 8,000 workers Tuesday

Published

on

The Federal Capital Territory Administration will on Tuesday begin Computer-Based Test promotion examinations for 8,000 staff across 165 different cadres in the Administration and the Federal Capital Development Authority.

The Chairman of the FCT Civil Service Commission, Emeka Ezeh, made the announcement in a statement on Sunday.

He said the exams will run for five days, ending on Sunday.

The statement read, “More than 8,000 civil servants in the Federal Capital Territory Administration will sit promotion examinations this week.

“The promotion examinations are scheduled to hold for five days, starting from Tuesday, November 25 to Saturday, November 29, 2025, at the National Open University Study Centre along Kubwa Road, Abuja.”

Recall that on August 26, 2025, the Senior Special Assistant to the FCT Minister on Public Communication and News Media, Lere Olayinka, announced the release of results from the first-ever Computer-Based Promotion Examination conducted on August 12, 2025.

According to him, 49 deputy directors were promoted to the rank of director across various departments, following the approval of Minister Nyesom Wike.

He added that the exercise was designed to clear the backlog of promotion arrears from 2023 to 2025 for workers on Grade Level 16.

However, in his statement on Sunday, the FCT-CSC Chairman said the new promotion exercise follows the approval of the FCT Minister, who authorised the swift conclusion of the 2024 promotion cycle.

According to Ezeh, the minister gave the nod “as part of staff motivation,” ensuring that all cadres benefit from the long-awaited process.

See also  Emergency plenary: N’Assembly moves to shift presidential poll to Feb 13

“He said the FCT Minister, as part of staff motivation, approved the request of the FCT Civil Service Commission to quickly conclude the 2024 promotion exercise of FCT/FCDA workers across all cadres.

He further stated that the promotion will be conducted using the Computer-Based Test, adding that this will deepen the newly introduced digital platform for promotion examinations that was approved by the FCT Minister,” the statement added.

He further explained that the administration is fully embracing a digital approach to promotions.

“The promotion that will be conducted will be using the Computer-Based Test,” he said, describing it as a continuation of the new digital examination platform earlier approved by the minister.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  Seyi Tinubu Storms Alaafin’s Palace For Installation As ‘Okanlomo of Yorubaland’

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  FBI offering $100,000 reward for information to arrest Charlie Kirk's k!ller

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Local Residents beg FG as Osun, Ondo federal roads crumble
Continue Reading

Trending