Connect with us

News

Nigerian Airforce promotes 57 senior officers

Published

on

The Nigerian Air Force has approved the promotion of 57 senior officers to the ranks of Air Vice Marshal and Air Commodore.

In a statement on Thursday, the Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ehimen Ejodame, said the promotion released on November 27, 2025 included 27 officers elevated to the rank of Air Vice Marshal and 30 to the rank of Air Commodore.

Ejodame said the officers were promoted after meeting the requirements set by the Air Force, including assessments of merit, competence and experience.

“The promotion cycle reflects a deliberate effort to reinforce high-command leadership, enhance operational expertise, and strengthen the intellectual and strategic backbone of the Service. Each officer was selected following a rigorous evaluation of merit, professional competence, operational experience, loyalty to the Service, and alignment with the strategic objectives of the Nigerian Air Force, “ the statement partly.

Those promoted to Air Vice Marshal are Air Commodores S.A. Eyoma, G.I. Jibia, A.A. Adebomehin, E.S. Odekina, C.E. Akubue, S.O. Eyekosi, A.O. Akinbuwa, L.I. Kamat, A.G. Akinyimika, A.O. Bamidele, A.K. Famuyiwa, P.J. Edem, S.A. Madaki, O.T. Salami, F.O. Ankeli, M.J. Chidama, J.J. Ijudigal, M. Umar, I.J. Ogbodo, U. Ariahu, A.L. Dakwat, C.E. Akpa, E.C. Ukpong, I.S. Subi, I.M. Yusha’u, S.S. Lazarus and F. Ekpah.

“Additionally, 30 senior officers have been elevated to the rank of Air Commodore.

They include Group Captains MA Imam, AA Komolafe, HI Eze, DU Edet, MB Umar, GH Okoh, SP Sekegor, PP Okonkwo, PU Okweugo, AU Yahaya, M Yahaya, IR Ubeh, OK Cole, EA Ifebi, RK Olundu, IO Akpasa, AK Mohammed, HA Meshack, SN Nwachi, ZB Shuwa, EJ Alabila, SA Osoniyi, AO Ogunmola, AJ Arumona, BI Jayeoba, CE Akuh, NN Onuoha-Mba, PA Garba, YM Abdullahi and M Suleiman, “ the statement added.

See also  Call Dangote To Order! Human Right Activist, Femi Falana Urges FG

Ejodame noted that the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sunday Aneke, urged the officers to justify their elevation through professional conduct and commitment to duty.

The elevation of 57 officers aligns with NAF’s routine process of replacing officers exiting the system due to retirement, completing service terms, or transitioning to other postings.

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  Oyo Declares Public Holiday For Isese Festival

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  Call Dangote To Order! Human Right Activist, Femi Falana Urges FG

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Call Dangote To Order! Human Right Activist, Femi Falana Urges FG
Continue Reading

Trending