Connect with us

News

Sheikh Gumi Raises Alarm Over Alleged Mossad Plot To Assassinate Muslim Leaders

Published

on

Controversial Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Mahmud Gumi, has claimed that the alleged presence of Israel’s intelligence agency, Mossad, in Nigeria may be a clandestine plot to murder Muslim leaders in the country.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Gumi referenced the death of former military Head of State, General Sani Abacha, alleging he was poisoned on the night he hosted the late Palestinian leader, Yasir Arafat, in Abuja.

The cleric wrote: “Mossad in Abuja!? One should expect the clandestine murder of muslim leaders in Nigeria soon.

“Abacha was poisoned the night he welcomed Yasir Arafat into Nigeria.

“How can this genocidal apartheid government has a footing in Nigeria?

“President Tinubu is ill adviced because it will cost him a lot more than he may gain.”

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia authorities have arrested and detained a Kano woman, Maryam Hussaini-Abdullahi, after a bag containing Marijuana was allegedly mismatched with her luggage by Ethiopian Airlines.

Mrs Abdullahi had left Nigeria on August 6 alongside her husband, Abdullahi Baffa, to perform a lesser Hajj.

She was detained in Makkah after the police linked a strange “Ghana must go” sack to her name.

Speaking to Daily Nigerian, her husband accused the airline of adding the strange bag to his wife’s luggage without her consent.

Baffa said he alongside his wife had travelled with only one bag each, which were duly cleared before their departure from Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, adding that he was shocked that upon arrival in Jiddah, they could not find their luggage.

See also  UN urges immediate release of 118 detained staff worldwide

“Our flight was connected through Addis Ababa, and we arrived at Jiddah on 7th August. We scaled all the screening processes without any hassle.

“But when we arrived, our luggage was missing, and I reported it to the luggage claim desk.

“They gave us a complaint form to fill, and an acknowledged copy was returned to us. They also told us to expect feedback within 48 hours.

“But I protested, explaining to them that we had no spare clothes, but they insisted that was the procedure,” he said.

Baffa said they proceeded to Madinah and bought new clothes and other essentials, but after eight days he received a call that one of the bags was ready for collection in Jeddah, but he declined and requested it be sent back to Nigeria.

However, things took a dramatic turn when they returned to Madinah to catch their return flight to Nigeria on Thursday via the same airline.

He said, “It was at that point that I was informed that my wife has been restricted, and she can’t travel with me.

“When we arrived for departure, Ethiopian Airlines cleared my passport but said my wife had been blocked from travelling.

“When I enquired about the reason, the immigration officers referred us to the Rihab Centre in Makkah.

“And because Thursdays are not working days in the Kingdom, we couldn’t go. So I approached the Nigerian Consulate in Madinah and reported the incident.

“The head of the consulate made contacts to find out; he was briefed on the situation. He was very nice to us and even attached a staff member of the consulate to accompany us.

See also  FG issues final call for health fellows programme applications

“So when we arrived at the investigation office in Makkah on Sunday, we were told in the presence of the consulate staff that my wife’s name was linked to a bag containing suspicious items.”

He said security operatives compared her luggage tags with the impounded bag but found no match, adding that “the bag was tagged with her name, and the police attached her pictures to the bag – but luckily the number on the bag was different from the one issued to us by the airline. But they insisted on detaining pending further investigations.”

“When I went to visit her in the cell, she told me the operatives showed her a Ghana-must-go sack containing wrapped items.

“But the items were totally strange to us. Because she had no connection whatsoever to the bag and its content. My wife is completely innocent,” Baffa said.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Defence Headquarters Social Media Account Hacked

Published

on

The official social media page of the Defence Headquarters (DHQ), 𝕏 to be precise, has been attacked by suspected hackers.

Naija News reports that the DHQ confirmed the development in a statement made public on Saturday, August 15, by the Director of Defence Information, Maj. General Samaila Uba.

He said the body has hence treated the incident as a cybersecurity matter, with technical measures activated to secure the account.

“The Defence Headquarters wishes to inform members of the public, the media and all stakeholders that it has detected an attempted unauthorised compromise of its official X (formerly Twitter) account.

“The incident is currently being treated as a cybersecurity matter, and appropriate technical measures have been activated to secure the account and prevent further unauthorised access,” the statement noted.

The DHQ urged members of the public to disregard any publication from the account at the moment while ensuring that efforts were ongoing to fully restore control of the official account.

“The Defence Headquarters assures the public that efforts are ongoing to fully restore control of the official account.

“Consequently, members of the public are advised to disregard any suspicious, unauthorised or misleading content that may be posted from the account during this period,” he said.

Uba stressed the DHQ’s committment to maintaining high standards of information security and ensuring that Nigerians continued to receive accurate, timely and credible information on the activities and operations of the Armed Forces of Nigeria.

“We appreciate the understanding and vigilance of the public and will provide further updates as necessary,” he said.

See also  FG issues final call for health fellows programme applications

He further urged Nigerians to henceforth check its verified accounts on other platforms, including Facebook under the name “Defence Headquarters Nigeria,” Instagram at @defenceheadquarters and its WhatsApp Channel, Defence Headquarters Nigeria for reliable information.

Source: naijanews.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Seven workers killed, 19 rescued in India tunnel accident

Published

on

At least seven workers were killed and 13 injured following a landslide that sent water and debris gushing into a tunnel under construction in north India, officials said Friday.

The incident occurred late Thursday in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand, where workers were constructing a tunnel for a state-run hydropower project.

At least three workers are still missing, while 19 were rescued from the Tehri Hydro Development Corporation site, the State Disaster Management Authority said in a statement.

Videos shared by local authorities showed rescue workers equipped with head-mounted torches using makeshift rafts to reach the flooded section of the tunnel.

Uttarakhand has been battered by heavy monsoon rains in recent days.

Accidents on large construction sites are common in India, but ecologists say excessive development projects have led to more disasters in the fragile Himalayan areas.

Last month, 20 people working in a tunnel for another state-run hydroelectric project were killed in the remote northeastern state of Sikkim.

In 2023, 41 workers were rescued after being trapped for 17 days inside a tunnel that collapsed in Uttarakhand.

Hundreds of people have been killed in floods and landslides across the country since the start of the annual monsoon season in June.

Experts say climate change, coupled with poorly planned development, is increasing the frequency, severity, and impact of the disasters.

AFP

Source: punchng.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  PHOTOS: 62-Year-Old Man Marries 16-Year-Old Girl in Anambra
Continue Reading

News

RATTAWU honours DSS DG for strategic intelligence, national security

Published

on

The Radio, Television, Theatre and Arts Workers Union has honoured the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Mr Oluwatosin Ajayi, with the ‘Golden Era Pillar of Critical and Strategic Intelligence for National Development Award’, as part of activities marking its 50th anniversary

RATTAWU conferred the award on Ajayi on Thursday at his office, when the National President of the group, Emeka Kalu, led members to a media/security-critical engagement and strategic partnership meeting for national development in Abuja.

Kalu praised the appointment of Ajayi in 2024 by President Bola Tinubu, describing it as putting “a round peg in a round hole.”

He added that the award was an initiative of the union designed to recognise individuals and institutions that had made outstanding contributions to national development, security, democracy, culture and the growth of Nigeria.

He said, “Your appointment by Mr President demonstrates the importance of placing capable Nigerians with integrity and professional competence in strategic positions of national responsibility.

“The role of the DSS in protecting Nigeria’s national interests, gathering critical intelligence and supporting national security cannot be overemphasised.

“Particularly now that this country is confronted with complex security and emerging technological challenges, appointments like yours are the best ever done by Mr President.

“That is why this union decided to honour you with the Golden Era Pillar of Critical and Strategic Intelligence for National Development Award.”

Responding, the DSS Director-General, Oluwatosin Ajayi, expressed appreciation to the leadership of RATTAWU for the honour.

Ajayi described the recognition as a significant gesture that would further encourage him and the service to remain committed to their responsibilities to the nation.

See also  Makinde reveals location of Oyo abducted pupils, teachers

Source: punchng.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending