Connect with us

News

PHOTOS: Remi Tinubu Donates 1,000 Bags Of Rice To Bauchi Christians

Published

on

Nigeria’s First Lady, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, on Saturday distributed 1,000 bags of 25kg rice to the Christian community in Bauchi State as part of activities marking the 2025 Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Speaking at the flag-off in Bauchi, the Bauchi State Coordinator of the Christian Northern Nigerian Political Forum (CNNPF), Ayuba Dogara, commended the First Lady for the gesture, describing it as timely and impactful in supporting Christian faithful during the festive season.

Ayuba noted that the First Lady extended similar support to other Northern states, targeting the less privileged, widows, youths, and leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

According to him, the 1,000 bags of rice allocated to Bauchi State would be distributed across the 20 local government areas of the state through recognised groups and coordinators to ensure that the items reached the intended beneficiaries.

“We are here to flag off the distribution of food items donated to Bauchi State by Her Excellency, the wife of the President, Senator Oluremi Tinubu,” he said.

Ayuba also praised President Bola Tinubu for his efforts aimed at stabilising the country, adding that the relative peace being enjoyed in Nigeria was a result of purposeful leadership.

He urged local government coordinators to ensure transparency and accountability in the distribution process, stressing that the success of the gesture depended on the items reaching the actual beneficiaries.

“I urge beneficiaries to receive these items with gratitude and to pray for the First Lady and the administration of her husband,” he added.

See also  Ekiti denies underfunding healthcare, says N19.65bn budgeted

Speaking on behalf of the beneficiaries, Mrs Bege Matandu expressed appreciation to the First Lady, saying the donation would help ease the economic hardship faced by many families during the Christmas period.

Also speaking, the APC Chairman of Bogoro Local Government Area, Mr Istifanus Mmanasi, described the gesture as a sign of inclusive governance.

He said the donation had renewed hope among Christians and APC members in the area, adding that it demonstrated the government’s sensitivity to the needs of ordinary citizens.

Mmanasi further appreciated the collaboration between President Tinubu and the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, noting that such synergy would continue to bring development to the constituency and the state.

He encouraged APC members and supporters to remain united and committed to the party’s vision as the country moves towards 2027, expressing confidence that continuity and stability would keep Nigeria on the right path.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  Tinubu pledges to sustain Buhari’s legacy

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  Ondo reiterates commitment to effective planning, sustainable growth

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Genocide accusations: US Congress panels hold new session on Nigeria today
Continue Reading

Trending