Connect with us

News

Soludo’s wife unveils Oluremi Tinubu’s empowerment programme in Anambra

Published

on

The wife of the President, Oluremi Tinubu, has empowered women in Anambra State with recapitalisation grants and other support to boost their business, economic status and financial independence.

The Women’s Economic Empowerment programme, a N50,000 grant for each beneficiary, was done under the auspices of the First Lady’s Renewed Hope Initiative in collaboration with the Tony Elumelu Foundation.

It is a programme designed to support 500 women in each of the 36 states of the country, including the Federal Capital Territory.

Wife of the Anambra State governor, Nonye Soludo, who handed over the empowerment to the women, at the Light House, Awka, on Wednesday, said the initiative was a testament to the President’s wife’s dedication to empowering women in sustainable business and ensuring food security.

Soludo, who represented the President’s wife and read her speech before the beneficiaries, stated that the empowerment would enhance financial independence and help the women unlock their full potential.

She stressed that the empowerment showed that the government embraced the pivotal role of women in Nigeria’s economic diversification.

She said, “This economic empowerment is about supporting the entrepreneurial spirits of our women. By empowering women in their various crafts, we are not only enhancing their well-being but also promoting economic growth and sustainability in their homes.

“We recognise and deeply appreciate the noble objectives of this empowerment initiative, which is aimed at unlocking the immense potential of our women, fostering their economic independence, and creating sustainable opportunities for growth and prosperity.

“By equipping our women with these essential tools, we are strengthening their ability to build lasting livelihoods, thereby enabling them to contribute meaningfully to the inclusive and sustainable development of our nation.

See also  Labour tasks states, LGAs on insecurity

“It is not a loan, it is a renewed seed to enable you to invest in your business to make it more sustainable. I thank the Tony Elumelu Foundation, which donated N1bn for 500 women in each of the 36 states of the country.”

Soludo, however, said in support of the President’s wife’s programme, she has also selected an additional 500 women to be empowered, thereby bringing the total figure of beneficiaries to 1,000.

“To support our first lady, I am also presenting N50,000 each for an additional 500 women, thereby bringing the total number of women to 1,000. I hereby flag off the programme for the benefit of the people.

“Starting a business is about good management and skills. In business, seed capital is very key, you know. It’s about mindset. See this grant you have received as a ‘seed’ that can turn into millions if well invested.

“I believe that this money will work wonders in your life and do good things for you. But what is more important is to ensure a healthy living, eat well, eat clean and exercise well, take care of yourselves,” Soludo added.

Earlier on, the state Commissioner for Women Affairs, Ify Obinabo, advised the women to ensure they put the money to good use for the benefit of their families.

“This is not the first time we are experiencing this show of love from Her Excellency, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, knowing full well that with this empowerment, different women are sure of three square meals.

“Our first lady is not just giving it; she is also adding her own and doing it effortlessly. We have a rare privilege of having someone like her.

See also  Edo Records Decline In Cultism Cases As Okpebholo Marks 1 Year In Office

“This money is not to go and buy ‘aso ebi’, it is a seed money that should be invested to boost your businesses and whatever craft you are doing,” Obinabo added.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ramadan: Adamawa gov relaxes night-time restriction on tricycles

Published

on

The Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has approved a review of the existing restriction on the operations of commercial tricycles, known as Keke NAPEP, in parts of the state for the 2026 Ramadan period.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Humwashi Wonosikou, on Friday.

The statement said the restriction, which previously ran from 10pm to 5am would now commence an hour later.

“Under the revised directive, the restriction which previously ran from 10pm to 5am will now commence from 11p to 5am daily throughout the 2026 Ramadan period.

“The review takes immediate effect,” the statement read.

The government explained that the adjustment was introduced to ease movement for Muslim faithful during the holy month.

“The adjustment is intended to allow Muslim faithful attend late-night tafsir sessions with ease during the holy month,” it added.

The statement recalled that the Adamawa State Government had, in February 2021, imposed restrictions on the movement of tricycles and motorcycles through the Adamawa State Restriction of Movement of Tricycles/Motorcycles Executive Order No. 1 of 2021, as part of measures to strengthen public safety and security.

It noted that the latest review reflects the administration’s effort to balance religious observance with security considerations.

“The present review is therefore informed by the Government’s commitment to supporting religious observance, while maintaining the gains recorded in peace and security across the state,” the statement said.

Fintiri also directed security agencies to intensify patrols across the affected local government areas.

See also  Lagos Blue Line raises daily trips to 90

“Governor Fintiri has accordingly directed security agencies to intensify patrols, particularly within Yola North, Yola South and Girei, through the deployment of additional personnel to safeguard lives and property.

“He warned that any breach of the law will be dealt with decisively,” the statement added.

The governor further appealed to residents to act responsibly and avoid actions that could undermine the peace and stability currently enjoyed in the state.

Continue Reading

News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai Feb 25 over alleged cybercrime, security breach

Published

on

The Department of State Services (DSS) will on February 25 arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security

LIB had earlier reported that the DSS on Monday, February 16, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

According to the court papers, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, “admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.”

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on February 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, stated during the interview that he knew and related with a certain individual who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety and national security and instilled reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting the NSA’s phone communications.

See also  Southern Leaders, Others Oppose US Military Intervention In Nigeria

The DSS said the ex-governor by his own comment during the live interview committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

lindaikejiblog.com

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

News

Mob besieges Benin FRSC office

Published

on

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Malam Shehu Mohammed, has praised the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Police Force for their swift and decisive response during the recent attack on the Benin Toll Gate Unit Command Office.

The attack occurred on Thursday at the RS5.12 Benin Toll Gate Unit on the Benin–Lagos Expressway, following a crash involving two trucks, the statement said.

One truck driver died in the accident, while FRSC personnel sustained critical injuries, with one officer later succumbing despite urgent medical attention.

“In the aftermath of the crash, an angry mob besieged and vandalised the Unit Command formation. However, the prompt response by security agencies helped to restore order and prevent further escalation,” Mohammed said in a statement issued on Friday by the FRSC spokesman, Olusegun Ogungbemide, in Abuja.

The Corps Marshal condemned the attack on FRSC personnel and facilities as “deeply regrettable and unacceptable,” emphasising that the operatives were on lawful duty to save lives.

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased driver, the fallen officer, and the entire FRSC workforce.

Mohammed has ordered a comprehensive investigation into both the immediate and underlying causes of the crash and the circumstances that led to the mob action.

He assured the public that anyone found culpable would be brought to justice.

The FRSC boss reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to ensuring safer roads for all Nigerians and called on the public to remain calm, law-abiding, and supportive of its activities.

(NAN)

punch.ng

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

See also  Apple removes two gay dating apps from its App Store in China
Continue Reading

Trending