Connect with us

Crime

PHOTOS: Salesgirl allegedly steals phones, items worth N29m from employer’s shop, rents and furnishes apartment for her boyfriend in Minna

Published

on

The Niger State Police Command has arrested a 23-year-old salesgirl for allegedly stealing phones and other items worth over N29m from her employer’s shop in Minna.

The spokesperson of the command, SP Wasiu Abiodun, who disclosed this in a statement on Monday, August 18, 2025 said the suspect, Sarah Ogbonna, also rented and furnished an apartment for her boyfriend, Samuel Abiodun Bello, with money stolen from her employer.

According to the PPRO, the suspect made multiple transfers of money to her elder sister, Mercy Ogbonna who sorts family challenges on her behalf.

Further investigation led to the arrest of three other suspects, including a former salesgirl, Ruth Omor Emmanuel, who allegedly participated in some of the acts before she quit.

Abiodun revealed that one of the suspects, Nurudeen Musa, collected expensive phones from Sarah and sold them at giveaway prices.

The sum of 700,000, two power generators, one smart TV, one freezer, four wigs worth N500,000 each, clothes, house furniture and other items were recovered from Sarah.

“In continuation of the Police Command’s efforts in fighting crime and criminality, the following recent incidents occurred; on 8th August, 2025 at about 12pm, a report was received at ‘A’ Div Minna from a shop owner at Obasanjo Complex, Minna who deals in phone business,” the statement read.

“The report indicated that his salesgirl; one Sarah Ogbonna 23yrs of Okada road Minna, was suspected to have been stealing items/phones from his shop entrusted to her. He alleged that she had stolen items worth over twenty-nine million naira from the shop.

See also  Ekiti court jails fraudster two years for car auction fraud

“Immediately the report was received, Police operatives of the Div arrested the said Sarah, and during interrogation, she confessed to the allegation, stating that she had been working in the shop since 2023 and she wouldn’t know if what she had taken so far could amount to twenty-nine million naira, but a sum of seven hundred thousand naira was immediately recovered from her.

“Her statement led to the arrest of three other accomplices on 9th August, 2025 who are; Ruth Omor Emmanuel 23yrs of Tunga, Minna, Mercy Ogbonna 30yrs of Okada road and Nurudeen Musa 32yrs of Obasanjo Complex, Minna.

“Further investigation revealed that Sarah made multiple transfers of money to her senior sister Mercy Ogbonna who sorts family challenges on her behalf such as payment of house rents, purchase of food items and other needs for the families.

“Ruth Emmanuel was also a salesgirl in the shop, and she allegedly participated in some of the acts before she left, while Nurudeen Musa usually collects expensive phones from Sarah and sells the phones at giveaway prices, rendering short payments for a long period of time.

“It was also revealed that Sarah rented and furnished an apartment at Sauka-Kauta area of Minna for her boyfriend; one Samuel Abiodun Bello currently at large, and she also transferred some money to him.

“She equally claimed that she engaged in a weekly financial contribution of one hundred and fifty thousand naira with a yet to be identified online group.

“However, all suspects are under investigation and the following items were recovered from Sarah, two power generators, one smart TV, one Freezer, four wigs of five hundred thousand naira each, one gas cylinder, shoes, canvas, bags, and clothes, house furniture etc.”

See also  Police detain suspects in Kebbi sisters’ deaths

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Police arrest 10 suspected human parts sellers in Oyo

Published

on

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested 10 suspected human parts sellers.

The suspects were arrested in the Iseyin and Saki areas of the state.

Public Relations Officer of the command, Olayinka Ayanlade, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday.

Exhibits recovered from the suspects include one suspected human heart, human flesh, pieces of human skull and assorted charms.

The statement said the exhibits have been secured for forensic examination and further investigation.

The suspects were identified as Adam Ibrahim, Nasiru Kabiru, Tijani Wasiu, Abiola Nasiru, Amusa Gbadamosi, Raheem Taofeek, Jimoh Muritala, Suleiman Busari, Ganiyu Nurudeen and Usman Abdullahi.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

See also  Ekiti court jails fraudster two years for car auction fraud
Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Kebbi man arrested over alleged ritual desecration of Qur’an after burying it in pit with s€men to make woman more submissive to her husband

Published

on

The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 29-year-old man, Abubakar Musa, over alleged ritual desecration of the Holy Qur’an in Zuru Local Government Area of the state.

The spokesperson for the command, SP Bashir Usman, who disclosed this in a statement on 14th August 2026, said the suspect was arrested in connection with alleged criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance.

According to the PPRO, on August 9, 2026, Musa and two other suspects, Rabi’u Tela and Hamza Zango, allegedly dug a pit and buried a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, d3ad animals, and other fetish items.

The police spokesperson said the act was allegedly intended to make Rabi’u Tela’s wife Zarau Hassan more submissive to him.

“The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested Abubakar Musa, male, 29, of Rafin Mose Village, Zuru LGA, in connection with a case of criminal conspiracy, abuse of religious books, use of spells and hypnosis, and inciting disturbance,” the statement read.

“The incident occurred on 9th August 2026, at about 1900hrs, at Zango Area, Zuru. Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly conspired with two others; Rabi’u Tela, husband of Zarau Hassan, and Hamza Zango, both now at large, to dig a pit inside Zarau Hassan’s room and bury therein a copy of the Holy Qur’an, together with semen, white and red kolanuts, underwear, dead animals, and other fetish items.

“The act was allegedly intended to make Zarau Hassan more submissive to her husband, Rabi’u Tela, and was carried out in circumstances capable of provoking a breach of the peace among the Muslim faithful in the community.

See also  Police detain suspects in Kebbi sisters’ deaths

“Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the two fleeing suspects, while Abubakar Musa remains in police custody and will be charged to court upon conclusion of investigation.

“The Commissioner of Police, CP Umar M. Hadejia, psc, MNIM, strongly condemns the alleged act and warns that the Command will deal decisively, within the law, with individuals whose actions threaten religious harmony, public order, and peaceful coexistence.

“Members of the public are urged to promptly report suspicious activities to the Police through 09039911876 or 07081074395. All information will be treated with utmost confidentiality.”

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Crime

PHOTOS: Gunmen abduct 14 passengers in Benue

Published

on

Gunmen have abducted 14 passengers travelling along the Otukpo–Adoka road in Benue State.

The incident occurred on Thursday night, August 13, 2026 when an 18-seater commercial bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja was reportedly ambushed along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area.

A resident, Ochai, who spoke with punch on Friday, said the gunmen forced all the passengers into the surrounding forest.

“Some gunmen ambushed an 18-seater bus heading to Abuja between Omutele and Ankpechi along Otukpo -Adola road yesterday (Thursday) night. All the passengers in the vehicle were whisked away by the gunmen,” he said.

The spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, DSP Peter Aondongu, who confirmed the incident in a statement said five of the victims have so far been rescued.

According to the PPRO, the police launched a coordinated rescue operation early Friday.

Aondongu said the operation involved an exchange of gunfire between the security operatives and the kidnappers.

“The Benue State Police Command has confirmed a kidnapping incident involving a commercial passenger bus travelling from Enugu State to Abuja along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area on the night of 13 August 2026,” the statement read

“Following the incident, operatives of the command commenced a coordinated rescue operation early this (Friday) morning. The operation, which involved an exchange of gunfire, has so far resulted in the successful rescue of five victims, including a four-year-old boy, while nine others remain in the custody of the suspected kidnappers.”

The police spokesperson disclosed that one of the rescued victims sustained a gunshot injury during the operation and was taken to a medical facility in Otukpo for treatment.

See also  NSCDC rescues 15-year-old from trafficking attempt to Libya

He said the police, working with other security agencies, had intensified efforts to secure the release of the remaining nine victims.

According to Aondongu, the operation was being conducted cautiously, with the safety of the abducted passengers prioritised.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Cletus Nwadiogbu, also assured the victims’ families and members of the public that efforts would continue until the remaining passengers were rescued.

He urged residents of the affected communities to remain vigilant and provide security agencies with credible information that could aid the rescue operation.

FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

PINTEREST

TIKTOK

YOUTUBE

LINKEDIN

INSTAGRAM

Continue Reading

Trending